Love Messages

Love Messages (Oneshot)

“Ahh, whoops” I took a look at my phone.

You Have 1 Unread Message

It was now 1 am on a Friday morning, and I have just spent most of my day watching Season 4 of NCIS. My parents had gone for there 2nd honeymoon in Hawaii, for a week they would be gone and I would be alone for a while. I was an only child. So for the day I had confided my movement to sitting on the couch, walking to the bathroom, walking to the kitchen and eating. All of which were downstairs…with my phone upstairs. Meaning that for me to hear my phone, which was on vibrate, is impossible.

My phone was brand new. I had just received my new Sony Ericsson slide phone 3 nights ago, when my parents had left.

I slid open my newest phone, to see that one of my closest friends, Madeline had sent me a text.

“Good night Maddie my favourite girl in the world! I will miss you too! Have fun! Tell ur cousins I said hi! Xx”

 aw! Isn’t it cute??

“Oh God Maddie” I shook my head as I read the text “How corny could your boyfriend get?”

I pressed ‘Reply’ and typed…

He is totally corny. U can totally tell ur his 1st gf. He is try 2 hard…but he does get points 4 being a cute writer.

I sighed. Maddie was probably hyped up from this text. She was the type of girl that had heaps of dates, but no boyfriends. She was always looking for mister right. I’m not sure why though, were only in Year 12.

Now, she was on her was down south to Melbourne to meet her other family members to celebrate Australia Day and the anniversary of her grandparents marriage, having been married for 50 years.

I jumped onto my oversized queen bed, but undersized king…it’s a weird size. I measured it yesterday and I found out that it was weird and it didn’t have the proper dimensions of a queen size bed. The fact that I actually bothered to measure my bed is totally sad. Being bored makes you do weird things…

I didn’t have much time to think about it, because from the time I had placed my head on the pillow to the time I fell asleep, was about the time it takes for a person to blink.

----------------------------------------

“Oh !” My phone buzzed around on my table as I received a message. “Ugh, please die” I groaned into my pillow. After moments of curses thrown at the ‘innocent’ silver device, it stopped. “Thank God, time to go back to sleep.”

“Damn” I threw off my quilt and jumped out of bed. The brain is a funny organ of the body. If you allow it to think (or in this case, allow it to send messages to the mouth to make it constantly swear at something that could never reply) it will not allow you to go back to sleep. “Damn it Maddie…this better not be about Andrew”

And I’m off. Train just left so im on my way! Oh joy. 4 hrs of boredom.

“Oh for crying out loud” I closed my phone and sat on my bed. “You woke me up because you wanted to tell me your leaving…oh far out”

Yeah, yeah…anything ‘interesting’ on the train? R u alone?

I received a reply a second later.

Lol. No Hot guys :-P. Yeh I am.

I was planning on going out today…but I guess I could wait a few more moments.

Damn…so u have nothing to do for 4 hrs than to bother me? N ur bf? R u even txting him?

Lol. Hes prob asleep. So basically im just bothering u :-P. Its only coz I love you!

U ! I’m sure he wont mind u ruining his dreams they’re most likely bou u anyways… he’s kind really new at this dating crap…its really obvious…

Without waiting for a reply I walked into the bathroom and got ready to leave. On my return, my phone had received another text from her.

Lol. And you know this, how? Lol. Have u been texting him…? Well its cute XD. Well hes great kisser.

“Okay gross. Too much info.” I mumbled to myself, typing another text for her.

His txt is how I know, very try hard-ish. U r ‘like struck – not love, yet I think…- no I haven’t…haven’t thought of the best way to ‘introduce’ myself…and please keep all kissing comments to urself.

:-/. Ur mean! U just wish sum1 would say something like that to u! ><. Lol. I told him uve got his numba and to be scared :-P

‘Haha, very funny Maddie.’ I thought ‘But I don’t wish for it’

If anyone did I might just stare at them weirdly. Love only works in the movies. I still haven’t texted him yet!!!

I had to stop myself from typing my last thought.

Lol. U r an unromantic cynic! U just gotta believe!

‘Gosh Maddie, we’ve know each other for years and you think I’m a cynic? “U just gotta believe” She sounds like some crazy person talking about fairies or something’

Realist, not cynic. Believe in what? That love grows when the persons wallet does or that love is based on the person’s looks or maybe that sayin ‘I love u’ is an easy way for a guy to get laid. U better not fall for that…at least until ur old and grey. Boys r just too troublesome. Story guys are better, because not matter what they do, or who like look like, they don’t exist!

I took a quick glance at the clock. ‘8:30…where are you?’ I didn’t get to ponder on my thoughts for a long time because my phone was set off again by yet another text from her.

U r a cynic! Im not sleeping with anyone while at school. Def. Haha yes story guys are awesum. Do u plan on being single all ur life?!? Love does exist!

‘People wished it exists…it somehow makes it more interesting’

Realist! Love only exist to ppl who believe, it’s a deception of the mind.

‘Love is gracious. Love is kind. Love is slowly losing ur mind’

Whats wrong with having ur mind warped if it makes the world better? Love makes the world go round. U wudnt b here if love didn’t exist!

“Getting married has nothing to do with love” I said sternly to my phone, somehow wishing that it would said a message to her “It happened all the time in the early centuries…arranged marriages, that is”

Nuthins wrong with it. Its just that when love goes bad, their world crumbles around them. And its ‘money makes the world go round’ not love. There is something called an arranged marriage.

Ur parents had an arranged marriage?? R u gonna have one? Love can up but I rkn it would b worth it. Feeling loved is the best feeling.

‘…Okay maybe she didn’t get the message…’

No u idiot! They picked each other but their parents knew each other… Just saying ppl married for other things than ‘love’. But u haven’t had ur heart broken b4, so u don’t know.

Oh ok, lol. True. But neither have u. Plus “Its better to have loved and lost than to have loved at all”. Love is an experience.

As I was about to press the reply button, my phone started to ring. “Yellow…oh, hey…be right down…see ya” I quickly typed a response and grabbed my bag and rushed down the stairs.

That saying is for ppl who have died. Love drives ppl insane. But I gotta go now, so see ya later!

I locked the front door and the alarm. Outside the fence, stood my most favourite-person’s car. I walked down the front yard towards the car. I opened the car door and was about to sit down when my phone rang.

“Yellow” I greeted the caller

“It’s me Goretti, Maddie”

“Oh, hey Maddie”

“Okay, that saying about it being better to have loved and lost than never loving at all-”

“Oh Maddie, we aren’t still debating the things about love”

The driver/owner of the car gave me a look that could only mean ‘explain’.

“Yes we are. Until I make you believe in love!” She shouted through the phone…making me half-deaf but also making the driver hear.

I was about to reply into the phone…but it wasn’t in my hands anymore.

“Onew, give me back the phone!” I yelled, as I tried to snap it back.

“WHAT?!” I heard through the phone “Who’s Onew? Goretti tell me what’s going on!”

“Give me the phone!” I had managed to crawl my way on to Onew’s lap, but he managed to also escape out of the car and shut the door in my face. “Onew it could have hit me… Onew don’t.” I saw the look in his eyes. That look was for when he was planning to do something naughty.

He spoke confidently into the phone “Hi, this is Onew. Goretti’s boyfriend of 6 months. She most definitely believes in love. Bye” He had shut the phone and threw it back to me.

I was in shock. Not only did he just tell my best friend Maddie that he was my boyfriend. HE TOLD MADDIE, the person who I tell (almost) everything too, THAT HE WAS DATING ME…oh God, was I in BIG trouble when she gets back.

“Onew!” I got out of the car “Why? How? What?” I couldn’t make clear sentences, my mind was completely confused.

“You should stop pretending that you don’t believe and pull down your “wall of protection”. I’m here for you…and I know it sounds slightly corny, so don’t laugh”

“But…but” I still wasn’t so sure what to say. He just shook his head and led me back around the car to the front passage seat.

“But nothing” I just stared at him funnily. “You know you gave me that look exactly 6 months ago” That was the day he confessed he liked me and asked me out…but it was also that day when we decided to keep our relationship secret as we both had our reputations. I was known as the man hating girl at my high school and he was the guy who couldn’t be bothered to date at his university.

“Yeah, I remember…but that was because you were and still are a university student.”

He chuckled, as I sat down. “And you were the high school student looking around the university, like a lost little puppy” he gave me a peck on the lips and closed the door, to move back to the driver’s seat. “I was the nice, kind, handsome person, who decided to give you, the lost cute puppy, a tour around the university, myself.” I was going to retort once he had gotten inside the car, but my phone went off again. I checked the caller ID it was Maddie. No doubt filled with questions that she’s dying to ask.

“Look what you did, Onew” I showed him the caller ID. He took the phone of me, rejected the phone and turned it off.

“There, now she can’t call you anymore”

“Fine…but can I have my phone back?”

“Nope.” He grinned and put the phone into his pants pocket. “You’ll get it later”

I pouted “You know you’re very controlling, right?”

“Only about you, Goretti. Only about you” He pecked me on the cheek and started the engine of the car and we made our way to the university of technology. Where we met 6 months ago, and where we were now going to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Isn't Onew cute?!