Neighbor, Neighbor

The Rainbow Next Door

The Rainbow Next Door

 

 

Clunk?

 

I look down, and see dozens of boxes stacked on top of each other, right in front of my apartment door. Gaping, I try to see past the jungle of cardboard, but all I can see is the peeling army-green paint of the complex. Grimacing, I kick a pile of boxes and they topple down in a big brown avalanche. 

 

"Who the hell?" I groan.

 

The faint sound of whistling makes me stand on my toes to look beyond the boxes. Walking up the stairs is Kyungsoo, holding a cup of steaming coffee in his hand. His wide eyes meet the fort of boxes outside my door and he stops to stare. I wave my arms around, hoping he'd see me.

 

"Kyungsoo-sshi! In here!" I cry.

 

"What? Are you okay? What the hell is this?" He says, his big eyes just peeking over a large pile of boxes.

 

"I don't know!"

 

Kyungsoo's eyes disappear as he thinks. The husky smell of his coffee beans makes my throat parched as I remember that I was just about to head out for coffee when this happened. I hear a snap of his fingers and I peer over the boxes, seeing the top of his black hair.

 

"What? What?"

 

Kyungsoo tiptoes and looks at me with a smile. "We have a new neighbor."

 

A new neighbor? Scratching my head, I look at Kyungsoo with narrowed eyes. "Can you go tell them to move their crap?"

 

"Why can't you?"

 

"I'm stuck in this little prison here." I gesture to the boxes trapping me in. 

 

Kyungsoo mouthes an 'oh' before looking at his apartment, then back at me. "Sorry, I'm busy."

 

I pout, disappointed. "Pleeeaasseee, Kyungsoo." 

 

He shakes his head, ebony locks bouncing. "Nope, sorry. I'm expecting a call."

 

"From who? Your boyfriend?" I scoff. Kyungsoo always talks about Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo's cheeks are pink as he stammers. "T-that's none of your b-business!"

 

I stick my tongue out. "Whatever. I'll do it myself."

 

Kyungsoo takes a sip from his dark coffee before giving me a thumbs-up. He then quickly scoots into his own apartment, slamming the door shut. Sighing, I move aside some of the boxes, creating a small pathway. Black ink was scribbled carelessly onto the cardboard, words like "PICTURES" or "BOOKS" scrawled across in big letters. Still, I shove them to the side and walk out of the little cage of boxes.

 

I walk over to the apartment next door, barefoot and with messy hair. The hardwood floor is slick from yesterday's waxing, and cold from the morning air. The faint sounds of rock music seep through the wood of the door as I knock sharply. I wait, shifting my weight from one foot to the next, crossing and uncrossing my fingers.

 

The door swings open, and my eyes graze long legs, a lean body, muscular arms, crimson lips, the perfect facial structure, narrow copper eyes, and--

 

Rainbow hair.

 

This ridiculously handsome man, with the perfect body and face and skin, has unicorn- colored hair. Seriously. 

 

A loose white v-neck hangs on his shoulders, dipping low enough that I get a peek of his prominent collarbones and milky white skin. Gray sweatpants hang dangerously low on his hips, his red boxers as vibrant as his hair. 

 

"Like what you see?" He says, the tease in his voice.

 

I try not to turn red as I look into his dazzling brown eyes. "No. Move your away from my apartment."

 

"Ah, the wise words of my ex." He smirks.

 

I glare at him, putting my hands on my hips. "Seriously, move your stuff. Now."

 

He feigns innocence, looking at the cardboard boxes scattered in front of my door. "That's not mine."

 

Seriously? Is this guy really going to be like this? "I'm serious, sir. It's not mine nor is it Kyungsoo's."

 

"I have a name. It's Oh Sehun."

 

"And I have to get coffee, so if you would move your stuff, that would be awesome." I say, crossing my arms.

 

He looks at me, eyes glimmering with something along the lines of mischief and flirtatious. "Not until you use my name."

 

I roll my eyes, impatient. "Why?"

 

He raises an eyebrow, waiting. A moment passes before I huff in defeat. "Fine. Sehun-sshi, would you please move your stuff?"

 

He scoffs at me. His biceps flex when he crosses his arms. "Where's the 'oppa'?"

 

"Excuse me, I just met you." 

 

He waits, staring at me. This guy is seriously pushing it. Grumbling, I put on a fake, sunny smile and clasp my hands together. "Sehun oppa, will you please move your stuff?"

 

He smiles, and even though I'm pissed, my heart melts a little inside. Copper eyes shining, he leans forward and whispers huskily in my ear. "Now moan it, slow and y."

 

Flushing red, I push him away, my face burning. "Can you just move your stuff now?" I yell, exasperated.

 

Sehun laughs before smirking. "Yeah, yeah."

 

He brushes past me and starts picking up boxes. My eyes wander to his flexed arms, the muscles straining against his creamy white skin. He catches me staring, and I flush crimson before looking down at my toes. I hear the pitter patter of his bare feet walking towards me, and his breath hot on my ear and down my neck.

 

"Come by sometime." He growls seductively.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

ermagherd what is this T^T

Hehe, Sehun who likes rock music and whispering

Anyways, just a little something something for ya'll ^^

Thanks for reading and 'til next time~