Home Sweet Home

All Time Sweetheart

-YOONA POV-

"Where are you staying at now Yoona?" My good friend Jacob asked. He is a doctor here too but is for kids.

"I don't know. Ever since my parents died and left me a big house, I lived in it. But it is ridiculous for me to live in it when I don't even go home so often and I am alone." I said, sighing. I am not sure whether to rent a room. After my parents died, they left me a big fortune. Almost 10 Million Won. I think even more. They have 3 bank accounts in total. Given that I am the only child and my parents are very thrifty, I have a lot of money. 

"Oh... erm... my place only have me. It is quite ok. I have an extra room which I rent out. I can rent it out to you!" Jacob said enthusiastically. 

"It's okay Jacob. I am fine. I will think about it." I said and walked away fast. Jacob likes me and has confessed to me before. However, I will never the way Taecyeon used to confess to me. Which girl in the world gets such a grand and awesome confession? He likes me but I never liked him. He is just a friend. Thus, whenever he shows hints or signs of affection, I would walk away or just ignore him. 

"Yoona? I heard about your housing issues. You alright?" Joo Won asked me when we were in Taecyeon's mother's ward. 

"I am managing fine. It's ok!" I said. 

I was on my way back to my office when Taecyeon caught me. He pulled me aside again. He held my hand and we walked to a stairway. The moment we held our hands, it felt so homely and warm. We sat down on the steps. 

"I... I heard that you need a new place to stay?" He asked me, ruffling his hair with his hand. 

"How did you hear it?" I asked him, curious to know what he really knows about me.

"I heard it when you were talking to Joo Won just now. I was outside. I didn't mean to. I overheard it by accident." He said, raising his hands as though surrendering.

"Haha. Don't worry. Why you asking about it? You got a place for me? A good place to recommend?" I asked him, cupping my face in my hands.

"Oh... yeah... I do. Rent is free. It is near here too and has a great night view too." He said.

"Really? Is the place haunted? Why would it be free?" I asked, worried that it was free.

"No... everything fine. Really good. Up to your rich lifestyle. Sweet place. Home too." He said confidently.

"Where?I might consider it!" I said happily.

"My place." He said. 

The silence seemed all so loud suddenly. 

"You got to be joking right?" I said, jokingly, trying to shake the tension off, knowing that he is genuine with his words. 

"I am serious. Don't worry. Erm... the two of us... we... we are just... just..." He said, closed his eyes and said,"Friends."

"Yeah... Friends." I said, sad that he said it that way. 

"So how? You want?" He asked.

"Erm... sure. No problem..." When can I shift in?" I asked. 

"Anytime. You need help? I can give you a hand." He offered. 

"Alright." I said and turned around. I was about to walk off when I turned back and asked for his hand. "Here's my number. Call me. When... ever you like..." I blushed and walked away.

-DAY OF SHIFTING, 1 WEEK LATER-

"Finally, last box in the car!" Taecyeon said, sweating non-stop under the sun. I was walking over and suddenly, I lost balance on the gravel on the ground. Taecyeon caught me as he scooped me up. Eye met eye. No way we could leave each other's eyes. Forcing myself hard not to kiss him, I got up slowly as he released me. 

"Let's go!" I said, boarding the car.

"So what you going to do with the house?" He asked me in the car.

"I have sold it. Big money came in with this house. Apparently some rich fellow was very interested. I named my high price and he took it! Great deal!" I said, smiling to myself how luck has shone on me ever since I met Taecyeon again. 

I took a short nap on the way over to his home. I remember his home. Sweet, lovely. 

"Let's go. I will get my maid to bring you your things. You got to treat me dinner!" He said, pushing the main door open. 

I stepped in and got a shock. A girl jumped in. She was wrapped around in only a towel.

"Taecyeon! You are finally back! My honeypie!" She said, unaware I was there. 

Tears swelled up in my eyes as I looked at Taecyeon. 

"I... I am very tired... I will... buy you lunch again... enjoy your time!" I said, sniffing and walking to my room. My first day and I get such a welcome gift. I had never seen her before. I do remember though, a room Taecyeon told me was occupied. 

Sitting on the bed, I cried myself to sleep... my heart... aching.... so... badly...