[ 1.4 ] Death

Touching Heaven
Sohee slept peacefully that night, but she had no dream.
 
Nothing.
 
Xiumin was still nowhere to be found, and her wrist showed no connection to him.
She found herself just playing and talking with Maru. Days went by, and she started to really worry. It was like he vanished, but for sure he hadn't gone to heaven, yet. Even after the so many weeks that had passed, Sohee had never killed a single person. Due to this, Wonwoo was a little friendlier to Sohee, only because Maru insisted on him giving her a chance. Plus, the girl was too friendly to even harm an animal. She was unlike other demons, who would just pull out the heart as if it were a strand of hair. She was too weak, or so Minzy said.
But still, the world was so in need of demons, and too many ghosts roamed outside of Seoul. Sohee couldn't travel there, and so it was Minzy's job to take care of that. There was a ghost, however; on the other side of the world. Baek Sumin, a soul that had wandered to the depths of Africa, had managed to run straight through the water and back to Seoul, only to find Chinhwa missing. Momentarily, Sumin found herself hanging out with Maru, Wonwoo, and Sohee. 
Until one day, she vanished.
Just like that, Baek Sumin vanished through mid-air, in front of the three's eyes.
It was something Wonwoo and Maru had never seen as ghosts, and they wondered if they'd end up like that.
But Chinhwa had been inactive for days, how could she just vanish?
There were too many mysteries that night, and Sohee really feared that Xiumin might've vanished too. 
 
Months went by, and demons were nowhere to be seen, except for Sohee.
Ghosts began to vanish, until there was just Wonwoo and Maru.
 
Sohee kept a list of all the ghosts that vanished without a reason, and it seemed to grow longer and longer, until the day ghosts never spawned, and so the list stopped. She never wanted to forget them, ever. No matter what, Sohee never wrote Xiumin's name, because she knew, deep down in the veins of her wrist, his trace was somewhere.
 
 
 
 
The Ghosts :
 
Yesung
Seulki
Juniel
Eunji
Choa
Taekwoon
Raehwan
Hyeri
Chaerin
Hyosung
Rokhyun
Jieun
Junhui
Eunkwang
Taemin
Yubin
Seungri
Yooseung
Hongki
 
 
_______________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
On the 8th day of the 5th month of Sohee's demon-growth, Xiumin returned.
 
 
There was a little corruption that night, something unexpected.
 
The boy had grabbed Sohee's wrist, jerking her awake. He injected something into her wrist, and it made her feel very light-headed. It was a figure she hadn't seen in months, but it wasn't one she'd forget. Sohee lunged into the arms of Xiumin, only to fall head-first onto the cold wood ground.
Her vision had blurred so much, that she mis-aimed and lunged 4 feet away from Xiumin.
She tried to prop herself up, but her elbows felt weak and she couldn't stand.
The background of this all, Xiumin was frantically asking her how she was feeling, and she could feel his warm arms trying to pull her up, but she lost consciousness and her face dropped right onto the cold ground once more. Xiumin blinked in horror, for the result seemed to be very unexpected. The full demon had collapsed, which was too unusual. The average demon would've felt a small pain in the wrist, and then have it vibrating like crazy, as if it traced all the ghosts in the world,
but Sohee's temperature was rising too quickly, and her wrist began to bleed.
Something wasn't right, and Xiumin didn't know what had gone wrong.
For 3 years, he had injected the holy water into multiple demons. The holy water made it 87% easier to trace ghosts, and there had been no negative side-effects until this day.
 
Xiumin had no choice, but to make a ruckus. 
He smashed over lamps, and even threw her books onto the ground, until he heard the crack of the door open. Sohee's appa ran frantically toward her, feeling the pulse and immediately calling the ambulance.
Shortly after, the automobiles came, and Xiumin stayed by Sohee's side the whole time. 
He kept track of the information they were getting, and it was then that he realized his fatal mistake. Somewhere, in the months that he was gone,
someone killed Sohee.
He could even see it, the eerie glow she had that only ghosts were supposed to have.
Someone had purposely killed her and interrupted her final stage of demonization. Someone who was intelligent enough to know the side-effects,
someone who was watching Sohee from the very beginning.
Xiumin ran right through the ambulance walls, falling onto the ground and shaking his head like crazy. He practically just poisoned Sohee with holy water. He didn't understand it, however; because she was still demon,
yet ghost.
 
He had failed. Xiumin regretted leaving Seoul for all those months, all because he wanted to watch over his sister as she moved to America to start a new life. He should've watched over Sohee instead, but now it was too late.
Xiumin didn't know what to do, except pray to God that Sohee's existence wouldn't disappear.  That is, if God listened to a ghost.
 
After a few hours, Wonwoo and Maru managed to roam into the hospital and look after Sohee. The two were completely lost, as to why Sohee was in such a severe condition. It was until Xiumin barged into the room, that they learned the answers.
They learned why Sohee was too weak to kill anything,
why she never had dreams anymore,
why it was so hard for them to trace her,
because she was one of them.
But she still had small demon traces in her,
the ability to have a physical body,
that immortal life power,
the never-ending bloodstream.
But they didn't know what to do now, so they had one choice,
to call all demons.
It was not only Sohee's existence that called them back from hibernation, but because of a crime committed by a demon.
 
Sohee was fortunately able to wake up, and she was sent home from a "high-fever."
That night, when she found out she was partially dead, Sohee had never screamed so much in her life.