O1

Our Song

 

~one

 

It was a chilly friday. The sun hid behind the floating clouds that was always moving forward. You were sitting on an old wooden bench facing a fairly small pond. You stared blankly at the pond where only a mother duck and her three ducklings were visible. As the mother duck was leading them out of the pond, the first two ducklings were right behind her while the last one was struggling to catch up. Once the mother duck got out with the other two, she left without looking back or bothering to wait for the third one. The third duckling got out and ran after the mother but it was too slow and that duckling eventually stopped chasing. It stood there and screamed for the mother duck to come back for it, but she never came. You witnessed the scene and drooped your shoulders. You let out a short breathe. You pitied the poor duckling. It reminded you of someone that had been through the exact same thing. Before you knew it, a hot tear fell down your right cheek. You quickly stood up and made your way to the now crying duckling. You took slow and soft steps so you wouldn't scare the baby duck away. When you were right behind it, you squated down and slowly scooped it into your ice cold hands. Surprisingly, the duckling didn't try to run away. You softened and patted it's head.

"There, there. Don't cry little one." You tried consoling it, but it didn't work. You frowned and kept patting the poor thing.

"Do you want to go home with me instead?" You asked, as if it could understand. Since it didn't stop, you decided to let it go on it's own. You put the baby duck back on the ground and stood up. You were hesitant to let it go though, it was just too pitiful and it was painful for you to see it by itself. You looked at it for another minute and decided to go. You turned around and started walking.

Quack, quack.

You turned back around to see the baby duck following you. You stared at it for a second, wondering what it's doing. When it hit you, you had a big smile on your face. You quickly bent down to pick it up.

"So you do want to come with me, eh?" You grinned at it. It wouldn't be wrong to take a wild duckling and raise it as your pet, right? You thought it was perfectly okay. You smiled at it and it's head.

"You know it isn't okay to take in wild animals as pets, right?" A deep voice ruined your moment. You looked up in the direction where the voice came from and saw a freakishly tall man. He was leaning against a tree with both hands in his pockets. He was wearing a light grey sweatshirt with a plain white tee under and black skinny jeans. He looked fairly young; about twenty-three years old or younger. You stared at the guy and he willingly stared back. 

"And why's that?" 

"Because. You're messing up his fate." His answer surprised you. You were expecting, "Because they're dangerous.", but instead you got the most ridiculous answer. You were wondering if his answer was real or a joke. With the tone he used, it sounded like a joke so you decided to play along.

"What if his fate was to meet me?" You jokingly said. A small giggle came out along with the question. 

"Ha. ha. You're so funny." He said with 100% sarcasm in his voice. He let out a soft chuckle. "But really, his mom is probably looking for him or her right now."

You tch'd at him. "How would you know?" He pointed behind you nonchalanty. You turned your head to see the mother duck from before. She didn't look calm at all. In fact, she was screeching. How come you didn't hear? Who knows. 

You saddened but soon lightened up. A sad smile grew on your face.

"Well this is good bye then. Hope I'll meet you again." You faked a cry. You stood up and walked it over to it's mother. You let it jump off your frozen hands and watched it run to it's worried mother. Once they were a whole family again, you turned around for the second time to go. As you were walking away, you felt something sharp poke you right leg over and over again. You looked down to see what the painful thing was and saw the mother duck biting your leg. You let out a yelp and ran for your life with the mother duck running after you and her lings trailing behind. You frantically looked up to see the gigantic guy chuckling at you by the tree. Without much thoughts, you ran behind him, hoping he could get rid of the duck. 

"Hey! What are you doing?" He yelled when the mother duck was now trying to bite his leg. It was his turn to yelp and yours to laugh. He tried kicking it away but she didn't stop. He then grabbed your hand, ruining your moment of laughing, and ran the other way. You were too shocked to say anything so you just kept running with him. During the whole run, he kept looking back to check if the ducks were still following them, and your eyes were focusing on him. 

After running about two blocks, you both stopped to catch your breath. You then noticed that your current location was the hiking trail in the park. You were going to yell at him for dragging you with him, until you noticed how tall he really was. You were an ant compared to him, or so you thought. 

He looked down at you. He stared for some time and then let out a short chukle. "Hey, you're really short."

He was such a straight forward person, just like you. "No, I'm not short, you're just too tall." He laughed and you soon found yourself laughing along. You found his laugh super adorable. 

"Chanyeol." He said. You furrowed your eyebrows and stared at him with your sparkling eyes. "The name's Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." He clarified. 

"Jang Sumin." You smiled at him. 

"Do you want to go get some coffee or something?" He suddenly asked.

"And why would I do that with a stranger I had just met?" You teased. It's funny how you're already so comfortable with a guy you had just met. It'd been a long time since you had a real conversation with someone, and you liked talking to him, although he's a stranger. 

"Because you're cute and funny." He smiled. His answer, once again, surprised you. You blushed at his straight forward answer, but didn't try to hide the fact. You weren't the type to hide things, and you're always honest. You looked at him to see if he was being sincere, and to your surprise, he was. 

"Sure." You said and started walking. He smiled to himself and caught up with you. 

 

You guys sat silently in the busy cafe drinking your coffees. Although it was silent, it wasn't awkward. After awhile, Chanyeol decided to break the silence by asking a question.

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" You shook your head while sipping on your mocha.

"Why were you crying when you saw that duck being left behind?" You stopped drinking your coffee and stared blankly at the table.

"Well, I didn't cry. It was only one tear." You paused. You looked up at him, who let out a short laugh. "And because I knew of someone who experianced the same thing, but at the end, her parents never came back." 

He nodded slowly, taking in what you had just said. He played with his coffee cup. 

For the third time, in one day, and one meeting, he managaed to shock you with his honest and straigh forward self.

"Since it's Saturday tomorrow, do you want to go on a date with me?" He cheekily smiled.

You stared at him in disbelief. "But we just met?" Your statement turned out to be more of a question.

"But I'm lonely."

"But I'm busy tomorrow." You lied.

"No you're not. Just agree to it. C'mon." He used his aegyo on you. 

"But-"

"No buts. I'll see you tomorrow at the park we were just at, at two." He winked. You watched him stand up and leave the cafe, leaving you sitting there by yourself. You sighed but then soon smiled. 

He's such a cute guy. 

 

-AUTHOR'S NOTE- hey my lovelies. enjoy this update :)

please do comment and subscribe. much love from this author,

love you all <3