Signed, "Like You."

Signed, XO

Word Count: 630

 

It was December, only a few days til the new year and the same amount of time til they’d split apart. It’s not fair, Jongin had said, Why can’t it just be four to a room? Kyungsoo had smiled then, always enjoying how clingy Jongin could get when he wanted to - and it was true - it would’ve been much more easier with four members to a room and the managers by themselves, but the dorm rooms are cramped and having two new roommates would practically force Kyungsoo to sleep in Jongin’s bed until EXO-M would have to return to China. 
 
The younger didn’t really disagree with that. But Kyungsoo did.
 
But hyung!
 
No buts, Jongin! Especially yours because you turn too much when you’re sleeping!
 
The coffee-skinned boy pouted, lips plush. Exactly… That’s why I need you to be there. So I can hold you and not move around too much… He murmured, eyes only on the floor as his cheeks showcased a hazy pink.
 
The older sighed, Jongin, you’re not fourteen anymore. You’re a big boy now! Kyungsoo was now folding up his clothes laid upon his bed with Jongin standing glumly behind him. Several of their members had been coming in and out of their room at random times to pick up and move Kyungsoo’s stuff elsewhere, Jongin disliking it more and more when Kyungsoo’s side of the room became more empty with his stuff and fuller with someone else’s. Sehun had come in, towed behind Luhan and the maknae didn’t look too ecstatic either - wanting only to be roomed with his favourite hyung and him only. The youngests seemed to have agreed on the poor choice of changes, each sharing a frown when Kyungsoo advised Luhan to pick up another one of his things.
 
Jongin looked away. He could already feel some water at his tear ducts. It’s not fair. It won’t ever be fair because Kyungsoo and him have always roomed together. Why did they have to change it now?
 
But hyung~~ What about our bucket list?
 
What about it, Jongin-ah?
 
We never got to finish it!
 
Kyungsoo deflates. Stupid list, he thinks. The list wasn’t really a bucket-list per say, but it was list of all the things the two of them wanted to do before their teenage lives, or if even, idol-lives were over. Jongin watches as his hyung tilts his head side-to-side, albeit a bit loosely before hearing a low-pitched whine. Ugh, fine! Go get that bloody thing!
 
Jongin squeals - manly, of course - and the sound of rustling paper is all it takes for Kyungsoo to turn around from when his back was to his dongsaeng. He sits down on what will be his *former* bed, trying to keep the best poker face on. It fails. No one can ever resist a very happy Jongin.
 
A silence wafts around the room and Kyungsoo grows a bit restless. Hurry up and pick one already! While Jongin purposely slows down his reading of the list before picking on number fifty two.
 
52. Write and/or compose a song with hyung. - Jongin
 
There’s a light scribble underneath that looks like Kyungsoo’s handwriting and instead of wanting to cry, it’s got Jongin feeling flutters in his stomach. I’m leaving you with the rap parts. >;D - Kyungsoo
 
Jongin tells his hyung the number, simply passing the list to him. Kyungsoo finds the entry, and stares at it deep in thought. Jongin almost thinks he’ll deny it and reject the option all over.
 
What should we call it? Kyungsoo chirps, heart-shaped smile, beaming.
 
Jongin smiles back equally delighted before replying, I already have the title. And it reminds me of you.