Take Me Away

My Angel. Mine.
Word Count: 367
 
 
Kyungsoo likes it when Jongin has wings. He likes how they expand, boasting Jongin’s radiance when Jongin can’t see it himself or refuses to think he shines either way. It’s a shame, really - Jongin is utmost the most beautiful if not even more when’s he like this. When he’s Kyungsoo’s. It’s only normal to stare and awe when perfection is hovering right above you, the world leaving it for you to take, and Kyungsoo enjoys it. He enjoys being wrapped up in soft feathers twinkling a beautiful alabaster and never-ending silver. He enjoys being Jongin’s.
 
Kyungsoo loves hiding himself in Jongin’s wings; a fort not made up of what, but rather, who he loves and he cherishes. Jongin laughs, words of Kyungsoo, you silly, what are you doing? and the other does nothing else but try to nuzzle himself deeper and closer into the other’s embrace. He likes Jongin like this. He likes it when Jongin can hold him without really holding him and Jongin likes it when Kyungsoo feels protected, be it with that he can protect him even more. 
 
"My angel. Mine." Jongin whispers, his cheek resting against the older. Kyungsoo closes his eyes as he soaks up the endearment. It’s quiet in the bright bedroom, wings fluttering to fuse in the scent of morning through the windows. It catches Kyungsoo’s nose, but he can only associate the scent of morning with the scent of Jongin; the scent of home. The scent of loyalty and trust. Scary-movie nights and cheesy first dates. The past and the future. Now and forever. 
 
And Kyungsoo thinks it’s funny, a bit asinine to the least, that Jongin even has the audacity to call Kyungsoo his angel. It is Jongin. It has always been Jongin. It is he who kissed upon his closest sheet of insecurity and self-regret; Jongin’s the one who pushed Kyungsoo to a mirror and had said that he was the new definition of beauty. He is the one who’s made happiness into a commonality in Kyungsoo’s world. Who else would it be, to make Kyungsoo feel like he’s soaring the skies and kept grounded, just the same? It is Jongin.
 
He is his angel. His.