We don't have to be friends y'know

We don't have to be friends y'know [hiatus]

The next morning Kiseop had to get up early to get to collage. When Kevin woke up, he was alone with only the scent of Kiseop lingering beside him. He rolled over to the side Kiseop was sleeping on to feel the warmth on the sheets. He stared at the ceiling, smiling to himself. Of course he was sad not having to see Kiseop go and give him a kiss but he knew he would see Kiseop tonight. He eventually got up and dressed.

'I think I'll go into town today. I might buy Kiseop a present'

Kevin checked his phone

1 message: Kiseop ᴖᴥᴖ

 

'I love you'

 

Kevin smiled until his cheeks hurt. But even so, he wasn't used to someone loving him like that. Deep down, he knew he couldn't say it as easily as Kiseop. Kevin grabbed his coat and a snack bar and left the apartment. Kevin walked around the town, searching for the right gift for Kiseop. The search was harder than expected so he went to get something to drink in the cafe where he made the deal with Kiseop.

Getting his order and sitting down in the same place like last time, he started to people watch and daydream.

'He's so weird...how did I get into this...but I do really lo-...like him.' Suddenly Kevin snapped back to reality 'Holy , no way! He started to knock hard on the window and wave frantically “HEY!” He got the person's attention, along with a few stares from others.

“ELI!”

Eli seemed as excited as Kevin when he saw him and ran into the cafe.

“KEVIN!” He held his arms out and Kevin hugged him tight. “How have you been?!”

They sat into the seats.

“Good, good”

“Are you still in working in the shop?”

“Yeah. I don't mind it. I get money. And I got a boyfriend” Kevin grinned, boasting a little.

“Really? I thought you would've been still a little bit nervous about the whole relationship thing after...you know”

“I know but that was ages ago. This one is nothing like him”

“That's good. How long has it been since we've seen each other?”

“Umm...” Kevin counted on his fingers “five years?”

Eli sat back into his seat “We've some catching up to do!”

Kevin nodded “Want to go into town? Maybe you could help me pick out a present”

 

 

Kiseop's eyes snapped open. He bolted up in his seat. Another boring lecture. He cringed at the drool on his cheek and had to wipe the table of the liquid. He rubbed his eyes and checked the time. It was four o' clock and he sighed happily knowing he could finally go home. Packing up his bag, he dashed out of the building with only one person on his mind. He took out his phone and was about to call Kevin when he saw him on at the entrance. With someone.

'Don't worry, he's only a friend. Oh god...why am I even assuming that he isn't?! '

He walked up slowly to them. 'That guy is way too good looking'

“Hey” He said quietly

“Kiseop!” Kevin kissed him, wrapped his arm around his waist and held him close. 'Yeah, he's definetly a friend'

Kiseop kissed Kevin's cheek.

He felt Eli look him up and down.

“He's definitely better looking then the last one!”

Kevin laughed.

Kiseop didn't know how to react. He was being talked about and a stranger just notified than he is better looking than another person.

“Better looking than who?” Kiseop nervously asked.

“Oh, sorry Kiseop, better than Jay. Kiseop, this is Eli. He's staying in town for a week”

Kiseop gave a weak wave.

“Hey!” Kevin said loudly and letting go of Kiseop “Stay at my place!”

Another pang of jealousy.

“Alright”

“Yay! Please tell me you are going to be wearing clothes to bed this time”

Kiseop's eyes widened

“Yeah, yeah, I have some”

Kevin gave Eli a hug. “I love ya Eli!”

Another pang. Kiseop quickly took hold of Kevin's hand.

“Kevin should we do something tonight?” He said quickly.

“I've work, remember?”

“Oh yeah. Oh crap, I just remembered I have a project to work on! I better go!” Kevin received a quick kiss on the cheek from Kiseop and watched him dash off.

 

*

 

Kiseop parked in the car park and tightened his grip on the wheel. He couldn't understand why he was jealous. He kept thinking of what Kevin said to Eli and about his clothes. Kiseop sat back and looked into the shop through the window. Eli was there.

'He hasn't even done anything! He's just someone Kevin knows! It doesn't matter that he can say I love you to him easily. Yeah...he's just known him longer.'

Kiseop stepped out of the car and walked up to the door;. He stopped when he witnessed Kevin giving Eli another hug over the counter. He swallowed hard and forced himself to walk in.

Kevin noticed him and waved him over. “How did the project go?!” When Kiseop worked his way over, Kevin gave him a hug and a kiss over the counter.

'Project?' “Oh! Yeah, it was alright.”

“Oh good. I was just telling Eli of how you and me came to be!”

“I'm sorry Kiseop” Eli rested his hand on Kiseop's shoulder. Kiseop flinched a little “but I've never laughed so hard”

Kiseop nervously laughed. He took a stab at asking a little bit about Eli.

“So...um...how long have you known each other?”

Kevin went to answer.

“About eight years now?” He looked at Eli.

Eli nodded “We'd such a great time then! Remember when I got my license and then I went to pick you up from collage and-” Eli started to burst out laughing. Kevin then quickly recollected his memories and joined in with Eli's non stop laughing. Kiseop stood there, feeling very left out.

Once the laughter died down, Kiseop tried another question.

“And...why have you only met up now?”

They both had to think for a moment. Eli went first.

“It was when I had to go away abroad.”

“Eh...yeah it was”

Eli had a little chuckle “Remember what happened?”

Kevin quickly slapped Eli's arm “AH NO SHUSH!”

Kiseop panicked “What?! What?! What?!”

“Go on, he's your boyfriend!”

Kevin sighed “Well there was too much drink and we ended up...sleeping together”

Eli started to laugh again but stopped when he saw Kiseop's face go blank.

“Oh...” 'I have to go. I can't let myself get even more unreasonably jealous'

“No Kiseop” Kevin went out from behind the counter, hugged Kiseop and held him close “don't think of this as something terrible for us! It was a mistake.”

“Yeah dude, and believe it or not, I ain't gay.”

“Too much alcohol Kiseop way too much.”

“And the fact that Kevin looks almost like a girl”

“Yes...and that too...do you want to stay over at my place tonight?”

'But he's going to be there' “No, I'll think I'll go home now”

Kiseop turned from Kevin and walked quickly out of the shop.

Kiseop got to his car and was about to open the door when he felt Kevin's arms wrap round him again.

He turned around and Kevin pressed his forehead against Kiseop's.

“Kiseop, are you getting jealous?” He placed a kiss on Kiseop's nose.

Kiseop reluctantly nodded.

Kevin kissed his lips “Don't be. Please. It's only you. I don't love Eli. I never will”

Kiseop put his hands on Kevin's shoulders. “I know. It's just me. I know he's a good guy. I keep telling myself that.”

“Then why are you like this?”

Kiseop sighed “Because...because he's so much more...and I'm so...” 'pathetic'

“No Kiseop. Whatever you are thinking it is the opposite.”

But Kiseop only looked down and nodded feebly. Kiseop heard a sigh from Kevin. His head was tilted up and Kevin's lips were on his again.

'I'm sorry Kevin...I only want to be good enough for you...'

When Kevin and Kiseop parted, Kevin rubbed Kiseop's cheek gently. “Kiseop before you go...just know that even though I can't say it as easily as you...I-I do...l-love you”

Kiseop immediately wrapped his arms around Kevin's body. “I love you too.”

Kiseop looked over at the shop. He saw a person walk in.

“Oh...you've a customer...I better let you go.”

“Okay.”

Kiseop turned and got into his car. Kevin bent down to give Kiseop one last kiss. “I mean it. I love you”

“You too”

Kevin closed the car door and walked back to the shop. Kiseop started up the car and drove out of the car park, knowing he will be having a good night in his tiny, lonely apartment.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I know I've been updating really slowly and I hate it but my exams are coming up. I'll be going on an hiatus until I can get up and running again :) Thank you all for reading this!