What the hell were you doing?

Because You're Different.

Wooyoung's POV

I looked out the window of our dorm, down at the grassy yard. There were some female trainees dancing hip-hop outside, since the dance studios were being repainted. The sky was getting cloudy.

At first, it was a relief to them. The sun wasn't biting at their skin anymore. Then suddenly, there was a crack of lightning, followed by a roar of thunder. All of the girls screamed, except for one. The rain started to pour down hard, and the wind howled in the trees.

"Man, I can hear them from here." Junsu said with a chuckle.

I gave a slight laugh and looked back out the window. The trainees were rushing for cover inside the building, but the one girl-- the one who didn't scream-- stayed. All alone on the field, she continued to dance. She was good, graceful in a way, despite the dancing style.

The thunder roared again; still she didn't flinch. It was amazing to watch. . . like a music video. The rain just go stronger and stronger, and then I remembered that it wasn't safe for her to be dancing out in this weather.

At the exact same time I thought that, she finished her routine and seemingly collapsed on her knees on the grass.

I quickly grabbed my white JYP jacket and and bolted out of the dorm. I ran down to the field, paying no mind to the strong wind that bit at my skin like little knives. When I reached her, I heaved a sigh of relief. She wasn't passed out, just taking a breather.

Just then, a strong gust of wind blew past us, knocking her flat on her back.

I would have laughed because it was so adorable, but I remembered what I came here for. I pulled her up, covered her with my jacket and ushered her into the dorm's lobby. I didn't know why, but I was overcome by the urge to protect her, keep her safe. And I didn't even know who she was.

As she stood there shivering, I got a good look at her face. She was very pretty, pale, with chocolate brown eyes and cherry red lips.

Still, I was a little bit pissed at her for putting herself in danger like that.

Crazy, I know.

"What the hell were you doing?" I said before I could stop myself.

She looked me in the eyes with a defiance that caught me off guard. "I was practicing, what did it look like?"

"In a storm?" I snapped, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Yes, why?" I retorted.

"It's dangerous!" I half-yelled. The people in the lobby looked at us with interest.

"Why do you care? We've never even met before."

"Aish!" I ran my hand through my soaked hair, releasing wet droplets all over the floor.

Her eyes widened in shock, and for a moment, I thought she was going to cry.

But maybe it was my outburst, or the realization that I had saved her. Maybe she realized she was wearing my jacket. Whatever it was, she immediately looked down at her wet pink Converse high-tops and said, "I'm sorry."

Oh, great. Now I hurt her feelings. Nice going, Wooyoung.

"Thanks for coming out for me," she continued. "I probably would have collapsed or gotten struck by lightning or something... thank you."

She was being so nice and cute all of a sudden that I found it hard to stay angry.

"Aigoo," I muttered, reaching for her hand. I felt sparks when we touched, but I ignored them and guided her arms through the sleeves of my jacket. When I was done, I brushed her wet bangs away from her eyes. "What's your name?"

"Lee Jinhae," she answered, shivering still.

"I'm--"

"I know who you are," she interrupted. "You're Wooyoung from 2PM."

I nodded, my lips pressed into a hard line. "Yah, don't make me worry like that again, okay? Why didn't you go inside with the other girls?"

She shrugged. "I'm not like the other girls. They don't really want this. . . at least not as much as I do. A little rain shouldn't stop us, but they let it stop them."

I raised an eyebrow. "You call that a little rain?" I tilted my head out to the yard, where we could barely see anything because of the downpour.

She blushed and crossed her arms. Then her head snapped up and she looked at me with bright eyes and a sly smile. "Did you just say you were worried about me?"

Now it was my turn to be embarrassed. I felt my cheeks heat up despite the cold. "I, um. . . well. . ." I racked my brain for a clever comeback.

She giggled satisfied. "Thanks again," she huddled in my jacket. "I'll see you around, oppa."

Jinhae turned and skipped to her dorm.

She called me oppa.

She called me OPPA.

I grinned in spite of myself.

Oh, and you're probably wondering why I let her take my jacket, right? Well. . . she'd have to return it to me now, wouldn't she?

 


First chapter done! Please comment and subscribe~ I LOVE YOUU >< This will probably only have five chapters at most. .  But if at the end I get a lot of positive feedback, I MIGHT make a sequel. That is, if I'm not pressed for time XD

HOPE YA LIKED IT!!! 8D