School Drama?

Dumpster Buddies

The normal everyday life of Lee Jinki included a large pile of books, running off somewhere doing God knows what and staring at the hottest guy in school from a distance. His hobbies are reading, eating chicken and squealing while fantasizing about his crush. Jinki was pretty logical and he knew that he will never get together with his crush, but what had he to lose in having a little fantasy once in a while? Nothing. You see, he even calculated his chances.

Lee Jinki had his own unique way of doing things. He was academically talented and had the magic touch. Let say, if you gave Jinki a pile of junk, in less than an hour that pile of junk will become a master piece. Jinki had more or less become a world famous artist and celebrity under the name Onew Lee. Of course, no one knew who Onew Lee was. That would literally destroy the peace filled life Jinki was currently leading as an introvert high school senior.

His publicist, Kim JaeJoong, handled all his press related business and forced him to attend private gatherings. Jinki refused to understand the man’s logic, especially when the man was right which was almost all the time. Jinki always crumbled under the man’s gaze and ended up doing whatever the man wanted. This time Jinki had been stubborn and finally convinced the man to let him enrol in a normal high school and let Jinki live his senior year as a normal student instead of putting up with home tutors. Jinki was pretty happy with his accomplishment until he saw where he was being enrolled in. Jinki had glared and silently cursed the man when he realized he was going to spend his last year in high school in a rich snobby academy.

 

Jinki closed the car door and went inside the gate with a bored look. It had been three months since he had started attending this academy and life was pretty dull here, except when he caught a glimpse of his crush. Jinki had made a few friends who he considered friendly on his first day and interacted once or twice with them a day. He didn’t have to worry about the cliché new guy getting bullied stuff since he was a senior. Life was pretty breezy for Jinki and he can’t admit that he absolutely hated it.

Well, Jinki wanted one thing when he asked to be enrolled in high school. That was to be able to check out all the drama he heard happened in public schools. Jinki was hyped for a mixed high school environment, but to his utter dismay he had to end up going to a private academy. Lee Jinki wasn’t thrilled when he realized to his disappointment that private academies had only most of the rich and mannered students, on the outside that is. Jinki had spent his first week of high school sulking in his bedroom after the end of classes.

Jinki raised his eyebrows at the commotion just as he walked past the entrance. A bunch of students were gathered around something. He walked closer to the crowd, curious as to why the students were making such a big commotion. Had he finally gotten his wish for some high school drama? Thought Jinki. He shook his head at the wishful thinking.

Jinki excused himself to the front and asked the person beside him what was happening.

“Oh, you must be new.” The boy said. “The tall one’s Choi Minho and the other is Kim Jonghyun. They get like this around this time of the year. They’ve been like this for a long time and I only enrolled here three years ago.” The boy said. Jinki wanted to inform the boy that he already knew those two, but that would be rude. “I heard they always do this from since they became rivals when they were in preschool. Man, they’re like real scary with their weird bets and all the competing!” The boy rattled on with his one sided conversation while Jinki was observing the two in mild amusement.

“So, what’s it going to be, Choi?” Jonghyun sneered. Minho smirked at the brunette and raised an eyebrow.

“You tell me, Kim. Do you want it to be a fist fight? You know you’ll lose.” Jonghyun growled at that.

Some girls squealed on the sidelines. They gushed about the two handsome boys while some energetically talked about the bet. “Oh my God, I’m so curious who will win!” The girl squealed. “You know that the loser has to eat at the dumpsters! How revolting!” The rest of the girls agreed and some cried about their princes being forced to eat at such a dirty place.

Jinki wanted to point out that they weren’t being forced, but it was their own childish bet. He turned his attention to the two boys in the middle of the crowd. Somehow they had decided to paly a once only rock-paper-scissors game. Jinki mentally questioned the intelligence of the two boys. Tension hung in the air like thick fog as both boys glared at one another.

“Rock! Paper! Sciss-“ Both of them said at the same time.

“Look! Crossdresser!” Minho suddenly pointed out. Jonghyun turned his head and when he realized what happened he literally pounced on Minho. The little trick had caused Jongyun to lose. Jinki watched with mouth open at the two struggling boys rolling in the dirt. “What? You lost, I won!” Minho pointed out which only fuelled Jonghyun’s anger. “The ? You tricked me you little a******!” Jinki cringed at the abusive language, but he did agree that what Minho did was sneaky. Jinki wasn’t going to support Minho’s injustice just because he was crushing on him, okay?

 

The crowd initially dispersed and Jinki walked mindlessly to his first class. Although, Jinki seriously didn’t consider that drama, it proved quite entertaining for the most part. The rest of the day passed uneventfully till it was break time. Jinki slowly walked to the cafeteria while humming a tune from some animated fairytale he had been forced to watch with JaeJoong. That man was so into fairytales that Jinki swore he was the one pulling all the strings in the fantasy movie world. Jinki shivered at the thought and stood in line as he had already reached his destination.

One good thing about the cafeteria was that Jinki didn’t have to wait a long time to get what he wanted. Jinki silently complemented the staff at their efficiency. He placed his order and happily accepted the tray of food which arrived in seconds. He thanked the man behind the counter with a smile and walked to an empty table.

Jinki had just put the fork of well grilled meat in his mouth when he heard the boys from across the cafeteria burst in laughter. He raised his eyebrow at the group and finally understood the commotion when he saw Minho sitting in the centre. I sometimes wonder about my taste in people, thought Jinki. Jinki couldn’t blame himself even if he wanted. He like the guy for his body and liked that body from a distance. Jinki would never consider getting serious with a high school crush. Jinki went back to the deliciously grilled meat and happily munched on his lunch with a content smile. When it came to food, Jinki forgot everything else.

Jinki had left the cafeteria after his heavenly meal and was reading his texts. “Got one from Mom and ten from JaeJoong hyung.” Jinki deleted the messages after reading them. He couldn’t risk blowing his cover by letting such evidence about himself remain in his phone when there were chances of losing the piece of technology. Nope, Jinki was determined to spend his final year in complete peace since that peace was going to end within the next two years when he goes officially public with his identity. Something JaeJoong had talked him into, don’t ask how.

“Really? Are you sure?” Jinki heard the voice of a girl. He turned his head at the bunch of hyper girls, curious about the serious conversation they seemed to be having. “Jonghyun oppa could never!” Another shouted. “Oh, he is!” The one who seemed to be more aware of the situation said with a slight nod. “Oh, I just wish he’ll be alright.” A timid one sighed dreamily.

Jinki mentally slapped himself at his stupidity. How could he waste his precious time eavesdropping on such a vague conversation? He shook his head and went towards the library. Jinki hummed a song his mother was singing the other day while preparing dinner. He took a left turn and walked down a long hall with picture filled walls. A bit more and I’ll be there, thought Jinki and started singing out loud since the hall was deserted. “Hey! You! Wait!” Jinki abruptly stopped singing at the loud voice. “Huh? Who’s-“ Jinki turned his head to the speeding male. “Stop! You’re joining my club!” The student screeched at Jinki.

Jinki widened his eyes, recognising the student and started running in the opposite direction. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t! Kim HeeChul? Kim HeeChul? I’m too young to die. Jinki screamed mentally and started running like his life depended on it. “Of all the people in this blasted academy, it had to be Kim HeeChul, the bloody vice president of the music club!” Jinki fake cried as he ran for his life.

Don’t blame Jinki for reacting the way he did. Kim HeeChul was notorious for his merciless and demonic personality, especially when it came to his precious club. Fortunately, the one able to pacify him was the club president, Kim Yesung. But that wasn’t why Jinki was running for his life. Kim Demon HeeChul just had to be related to equally demonic Kim Devil JaeJoong. He would be found out in no time if he got caught. No, Jinki was going save his senior year of peace and quiet. Jinki couldn’t begin to imagine the horror of being in that particular club even as a joke. The music club room was the only one in the academy from where you heard tortured cries if agony and pain.

“I’m going to catch you!” Jinki shivered at the tone of his chaser’s voice. He skidded to the right and ran out the building. Some students were staring at the duo with mouth wide open. “You! Boy with that amazing voice! STOP!” Jinki would appreciate the comment if not for the need to save his own life at the moment.

It just had to happen that out of pure coincidence Minho was standing outside. “Yah! Choi Minho! Help me catch that boy.” HeeChul screeched and Jinki widened his eyes. Blame Jinki’s curiosity for turning his head to where Minho was. He felt his stomach churn as the tall boy’s eyes glinted and he started sprinting at Jinki. Jinki panted as he ran from the two boys. Why is this happening to me? Ah-ha! An idea struck Jinki and he ran towards the back of the building. He ran around the corner and hid himself.

Minho and HeeChul ran past Jinki’s hiding place and Jinki sighed in relief. Good, the dumpsters are the last place they’re going to look in. Wait, what’s breathing down my neck? Jinki blinked as he slowly turned around. His eyes met a pair of brown orbs and a cocky smirk appeared on the person’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ola~ Here's the first chapter.

Took me some time and I'm pretty sure this is long, but a few weird stuff happened here and there.

Well enjoy and tell me how it was. <3 *rolls around*