Chapter 25 - Her

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the heels clicking the polished tiles echoed through the hallway as I walked into the house. As expected, Milly met me at the living room and announced that mom had gone back to Paris for one of her shows. I sighed and decided to go up to my room and head to bed. I was tired - of flying and crying - and bed seemed like heaven to me right now. My feet ached from wearing heels and I was ready to throw them into my closet and wear the fluffy slippers that were waiting for me in my room. When I asked for Abby, Milly said she'll be home any minute. Without a doubt, I knew where dad was; university. As always.

            I walked up to my room and jumped on to my bed, covering myself with my duvet. Soon, tears came running down, wetting my pillow case. Ah... I missed him.

 

"Sweetheart" someone called me, and I wiped my eyes, waking up to the voice. The room smelled like coffee, and I sat up to see the mug of coffee that was waiting for me. And Abby. "How are you?" she asked, and I sniffed, trying not to cry. She handed me the mug and I started to drink the coffee. Ah, he used to count the seconds when I drank my coffee. I felt my tears were joining the coffee, adding a new flavour to it. "Aw, don't cry babe, I know it's hard" she said, taking the half-drunk mug away from me and giving me a hug. I held my sister tight, crying on to her shoulder. She rubbed my back, and I couldn't hold on anymore. I wasn't afraid to break down in front of my sister. I let all my sobs out.

"I want to go back" I said, and she pulled me to looked at my face.

"Oh don't cry babe, everything's going to be alright." she said, wiping my tears with her fingers. He used to do that. And it felt so good. His touch... "Why don't I ask Jo to make something special for you?" she asked, and I shook my head. I wanted ramyun, made by him. The best ramyun ever.

"I don't want to eat"

"Soup?"

"I'm okay."

"No you're not. You look like a zombie right now. And the make-up really matches your image too" she said, and I let out a smile. I bet she was right. Before coming into the house, I wore make-up just in case if mom was home. I wasn't thinking when I got onto bed without removing all the dark make-up I wore around my eyes. "First, go have a shower and change your clothes. Dad will come home soon. Mom will be stayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter