[1]

Allergic To Athletes

Key is not your typical college student. He’s an aloof artist who excels in just about anything that he does. He is the photographer of the school newspaper. He may be popular but he’s not one to bathe in all that attention and prefers to play it cool.

Today, it just so happens that he has to cover the swimming competition their school is participating in.

“No.” He says flatly, rejecting someone’s advances before the poor guy can even get a word out.

It remains to be a mystery to the curious ones as to why Key had never dated an athlete before. It’s not like there’s a shortage of hot guys in their school’s varsity team because God knows there’s an abundance of that.

It’s most probable he’s just allergic to them. And oh sweet baby Jesus here comes two of the school’s biggest stars, Key thought as they approached him. They’ve probably come to brag. He swears they’re as cocky as they come.

“Come get a few close-ups, babe.” The short one said, or as Key would call him, airheaded dwarf. Not that the guy’s really short but hanging out with his tall best friend doesn’t really help his cause.

“Great!” Key replied sarcastically. “What are you supposed to be? David and Goliath?” He said while adjusting his lens and the athletes posed charmingly.

“Jeez! Can’t you at least put a shirt on?”

“Now, where’s the fun the fun in that?” The taller one said, hovering beside Key as if checking the shots that the blonde took. But everyone knows he just wants to get close to him. “And don’t I at least get a congratulatory kiss for winning the gold?”

“You can ask the dean for one, I’m sure he’d be all over you.” He replied, seemingly unaffected by the obvious attempt of the other to get ‘closer’ to him. “And is this part of your elaborate plan to make me go out with you? ‘Cause I already told you Taec, I don’t date jocks.”

“Hey, don’t mock him. I taught him this move.” Jonghyun, the shorter, protested. “If you can’t ask them nicely, you make them come to you.” He said informatively with a big idiotic grin on his face.

“You say that now, but I know... It’s working.” Taecyeon said coolly towards the blonde. “I mean hell... You already have a nickname for me.” He added, referring to the other addressing him as Taec.

“Everyone calls you Taec, genius. Good luck being Shorty’s student.” Key said as he left the two before their groupies could approach them, moving stealthily through the crowd.

The two athletes were left to stare at the retreating figure of the artist before being engulfed by the cheering crowd composed of team mates, their coach, and spectators who seem happier than the winning athletes.

 

 

 


A/N: Short, I know. But damn...

This rain is scaring the crap out of me. It's too hard. I heard it's a typhoon already but unfortunately for college students like me, school ain't cancelled. And what school would wanna cancel a school day when they'd loose a day's worth of earnings right? Ugh!

Anyway... Comments are loved! xD