I need you.

Our Breeze (oneshot)

Wooyoung's POV

I held the flowers in my hand, roses, her favorite.

She might seem like the type to think roses were cheesy, but she wasn't, and that was one of the reasons I was so in love with her... Pure dork on the outside, but inside, a hopeless romantic.

Maybe that was why I always had to plan out White Day, Christmas and New Year's dates a week in advance; it had to be romantic enough for her. But it didn't feel like work for me. Nothing I did for her ever felt like work.

It wasn't as if she'd get angry or give me the silent treatment if our dates weren't romantic enough, though. No, she was the grin-and-bear-it type of girl. I knew exactly what went through her head at times like this.

"Well, at least he tried, right? And that's all that matters." she would think, then she would hug me and tell me I was the best boyfriend ever.

How I loved her hugs. They were warm and soft, just like her words, her kisses.

Whenever she felt sad, all she wanted from me was a hug. She said that my hugs make her feel safe and happy.

When Jinhae was happy, she would skip around, hug me at the most random times, and tell me she loved me.

Once, during one of her more hyper days, when we were alone at the beach, she climbed up on a rock and shouted to the sea, 'I love Wooyoung! He's the bestest boyfriend ever!"

Then she slipped and I had to catch her.

Jinhae was terribly clumsy, forgetful and irresponsible, but it was for those reasons that she needed me.

I needed her, too.

I missed her.

I set the flowers down on her grave, fighting back my tears.

"It's been a year since you left me, Jinhae-ah. I still can't let you go. I still need you."

A warm breeze blew past. it felt like her, like her touch, gentle and caring.

Maybe that was her way of letting me know she was there. By sending me a light breeze... our breeze.

"I love you."