| The Wind That Goes Away |

| The Wind That Goes Away |

A brother.

Yesung wakes up, still in his white polo shirt, the same he was wearing since last night when he came home from work. He stays there, on his bed, just lying and staring at the white ceiling, thinking what must have happened if she is still here. Just then, he hears a rustle of wind, causing the white curtains on his bedroom to fly freely, the white sheets on his bed to be colder than they already are.

It was red that has always been his favorite color but after seeing her on a bed of red, Yesung couldn’t think of red but that kind of red that took her away from him anymore.

The rustle of wind continues and Yesung finally stands up, drags himself to the mirror she had always fancied because it’s white. She liked white, a lot, and would always pester him for anything white that’s pretty enough for her amusement, even if that’s just an ordinary scarf or a single piece of unused music lyric sheet.

He looks at the mirror and sees her face.

The wind touches his face.

He mutters, “You’re still here, aren’t you? It’s okay…”

The tears make his face freeze as the wind continues blowing.

A rival.

Sungmin walks through the dry, parched field, slowly, so slowly, hoping that it might stop time, or even pause it so he wouldn’t have to think again of how she isn’t here anymore, of how she will never be here anymore. He knows he is only fooling himself, but as his hand grazes the dry tall grasses, an unbelievably strong wind blew, making the grass that is almost on his reach be gone.

She has always been like that to Sungmin. Being here and then being gone the next; being on his reach and being gone the next and Sungmin couldn’t think of how many times did he have to treat her because of that, from ice cream parlors as snack to beefsteaks for dinner.

The wind swirls again, around Sungmin on the field and before he knows it, he isn’t walking slowly anymore. He is walking, fast, and then he is running because maybe, just maybe, if he’ll run fast enough, it might fasten time and he won’t miss that much anymore.

A sudden blow of the wind stops him.

“It’s okay, silly… You don’t have to remind me anymore. You win.”

Their last bet, she dared him to run the entire field with her on his back if she got a higher grade. He got an A; she got an A+.

“But where are you now? How can I…”

He continues running randomly, not noticing that he is following the direction of the wind.

A secret love.

Kyuhyun stands still and breathes the fresh air, inhaling slowly and exhaling slowly, with his eyes firmly closed so he’ll only see her, he’ll only have to see her because after many days, he isn’t even sure if he’s ready to see the world without her in it. After all, after everything that has happened, she remained still to be Kyuhyun’s world, the only world where Kyuhyun sees it’s possible to be happy, it’s possible to live than merely existing, the only world where Kyuhyun would want to be.

But then, an angry gush of wind makes him open his eyes and he sees a world without her.

Kyuhyun isn’t sure if he wants to be in this world.

He clenches his fist until his knuckles have all turned white. He couldn’t shout, can’t even cry. Who is he anyway? All he has been is to be her shadow, always behind her, following her.

A gush of wind arrives again and Kyuhyun wonders what could have happened if he told her about his feelings for her. But then, he gently shakes his head and doesn’t dare to dream of what must have been because she’s gone and there’s no way it would hurt more than knowing you can’t have do anything about it anymore, more than unrequited feelings such as his.

He closes his eyes again and tries to stay still, despite the angry blows of wind, to see her.

But the wind is too strong, too forceful that Kyuhyun can’t keep his eyes closed. Slowly, he begins taking a step after step, towards some place he doesn’t have any idea where.

“I know…” Kyuhyun says, biting his lips to stop the tears that are threatening to fall. “Thank you.”

A best friend.

Ryeowook touches the grand piano. It has been so long since he thinks of playing because after she’s gone, after having nobody to tell him how well he plays, to request endless songs for him to play, or to just listen there and soon fall asleep because of the gently music Ryeowook is playing, he just isn’t whether he could play again, or rather, whether he would want to play again.

It has been her who told him to reach for his dream. It has been her who told him to believe in his own capabilities. It has been her who trusted her when he couldn’t even trust himself.

Now, Ryeowook is wondering, how do you survive when you’re strength is already gone?

He remembers telling her once what Piglet had told Pooh that if Pooh will live a hundred days, Piglet hopes he’ll live ninety-nine. That way, Piglet won’t have to live a day without Pooh. Ryeowook remembers her smiling and saying that even if she is to be gone first, she’ll still be beside Ryeowook and will continue watching over him, like how she’ll watch for everybody that she loves.

“How am I supposed to believe that?” Ryeowook exhales vehemently, trying to finish her favorite piece, pressing the keys with much force to release the pain, to release his longing and that maybe, it won’t hurt that much.

“When you’re not even here anymore…”

The windows in the room suddenly opens because of a strong wind, making the curtains fly above Ryeowook and he imagines seeing heaven with her in it. He pushes back the tears, thinking that she doesn’t belong in heaven. She belongs here, with them.

“How can you be just gone?”

The wind blows again, drying Ryeowook’s tears.

According to myths, once a person dies, she will still stay on earth for forty days. Then, on the fortieth day, she will be forever gone.

Yesung touches the white mirror’s edge and bravely smiles. “It’s okay, lil’ sister… Fly now.”

That person will have the chance to finish her unfinished business on earth within that forty-day limit.

Sungmin stops running and breathes in deeply, looking far ahead at the changing horizon of the sun. “Let’s end our bet someday, on our next lifetime.”

She may let her presence be felt by people she would like.

Kyuhyun opens his eyes and unclenches his fists, looking at the city below him. “When we meet again, I won’t let you go.”

She may be with the people she loves as much as she wants for forty-days more after she died.

Ryeowook finishes the piece and closes the grand piano gently. “Thank you for everything.”

She may even show herself to them for the last time, on the fortieth day before truly, finally leaving.

Donghae is standing still, at the edge of a fifty-two floors building. He knows it’s the day when she’ll truly be gone and he can’t think of anymore reason to live without her, without her presence. He can’t; he tried so hard for those forty days because he thinks he can but apparently, Donghae realizes he can’t.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes.

A gentle wind touches his face.

He opens his eyes, slowly, and sees her, floating lightly, before him, again, after forty-days, smiling at him kindly.

Another blow of the wind passes.

“Please, don’t go away!” Donghae shouts at her, tears falling from his eyes.

The last wind kisses Donghae and she is gone.

Donghae takes a step, unconsciously, trying to reach to her.

A love that never had the chance.

* * * * *

End

 

I tried posting a few minutes ago but because of our stupid internet connection, urgh, never mind. So, how are you guys? How's the fic? Did you watch the video first before reading? I tried matching the fic with the VCR  setting because I really loved their acting there. Oh, I only began writing this fic this afternoon so take it easy on me if there's any grammatical errors or other technical mistakes, please? Haha!

I love, love, love Yesung, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Ryeowook and Sungmin, individually or together. <3

Watch this guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkp-Pr0m148 It's their "Storm" performance after that VCR. :))

Good luck for those who are taking their exams soon like me! I love you guys!

- Elle ^^