Catch

Catch

Since I first saw you, I've always admired you from afar. I didn't know what fate or coincidence was - you and I just happened to be around each other, whether near or far. I secretly liked these moments for some strange reason.

You were twelve and I was eleven. You were practicing by yourself in the dance studio. I was behind the door, hidden from your view but I could watch you from where I stood. Your movements were so graceful and versatile. I watched in amazement. You sensed a presence and turned to look in my direction. Our gazes locked for a few moments before I  my heel and fled from you. After finding a deserted corner of the building, I cried silently.

You were fifteen and I was fourteen. You were going to debut soon. I still had a long way to go. Everywhere I went, I see you with Jonghyun oppa, Jinki oppa, Kibum oppa and Minho oppa. They were your bandmates, I could tell. From the way they acted around you, it was obvious that they were family to you. How I wish I could do the same when I'm with you.

"Soojung-ah."

I looked up and saw you right in front of me. My heart stopped beating momentarily but I didn't show it. I played it cool.

"Yes, Taemin oppa?"

You smiled but there was something about that smile that I can't quite place a finger on.

"Let's play catch."

He walked away, leaving me in wonder.

You were sixteen and I was fifteen. At the beginning of the year, I was told that I was going to debut in a girl group soon. Victoria, Amber, Luna and Sulli - these were my fellow bandmates. I've grown to love them as if they were my own family; like how I would love my Sica unni. Later in the year, I was informed that I was to be the female lead for SHINee's music video, "Juliette". I was to be their Juliette. We filmed for a few days. The male lead was Minho oppa. He is indeed the Flaming Charisma of SHINee. His eyes pierced into my very soul. I shivered when we made eye contact. The moment was too intense. 

I collapsed.

"Soojung ah..."

As I awoke, my eyelids fluttered open. A blurry image of someone could be seen above me. I was disoriented but I could feel someone's thumb carressing my cheek. I forced my eyes to open. My eyes met the beautiful brown orbs that belonged to you.

"Are you okay?"

Nodding my head, I slowly put myself into a sitting position. I took a glance at the unfamiliar environment surrounding me and a sudden gust of cold hair hit my exposed skin.

"Where... am I?"

You chuckled.

"You're in our dressing room," you explained. Did I mention that the shade of red that was used to dye his hair is absolutely breathtaking? "You collapsed during rehearsals. It was probably Minho hyung's piercing gaze again. It seems to have that kind of effect on girls. Here, drink this."

You offered me a cup of cappucino. I drank it gratefully, feeling the warm liquid travel down my throat. I felt a sudden wave of nausea wash over me. I fell off the couch that I was sitting on and crashed onto you. You let out a light chuckle followed by a smirk.

"Soojung ah, you should rest more," you said. "Here, I'll let you sleep on me."

You positioned yourself into a more comfortable position. We remained on the floor. Your back leaned against the couch and my head rested atop your torso. It felt... right, for some strange reason. Am I supposed to think like that? My body tensed.

"It's okay, Soojung ah," you murmured into my ear. "Just sleep. I'll keep you warm. I'll catch if you fall, remember?"

My eyes thought back to what you mentioned a year ago.

"Taemin oppa," I murmured, loud enough for you to hear. "Just call me Krystal."

Before I drifted off to the dark abyss of my mind, I felt you encircle your arms around me, pulling me closer to you. I heard the beating of your heart.

"Sweet dreams, Krystal Jung."

---------------------------------------------

"Those two are so cute together!"

"Shhh, you'll wake them up. Lemme take a photo of this!"

Onew and Luna whispered to each other in a heated argument about who gets to snap the photo. Taemin opened one eye, amused by the antics his hyung and Luna were doing. He smirked and whispered into Krystal's ear.

"Saranghaeyo, Jung Soojung."