Kiss The Rain

Kiss The Rain

 

Flashback

Present Time

“Thinking”

“Talking”

Letter

 

 

Flashback--June 8, 2009-Summer

“Hey Sehun,” Ari whisper, turning towards her best friend laying with his arm folded on his stomach, eyes closed after a long day of practice.

“What is it Ari?” Sehun ask seconds later, opening one eye to find Ari staring at him. He smile, “I know I’m handsome, but could you stop staring? I might caught on fire.”

Blushing at his comment, Ari playfully shove him. “Don’t be a tease! I was just thinking, will we stay the same when we debut? Are we still going to have time to come on the roof, and just... you know, do this?” She gesture to their surrounding, watching as Sehun continue to stare out into the sky.

“We better,” he retorted, turning to face her, his eyes twinkling mischievously, “If not, I’ll personally drag you out here, this is a tradition, and in no way are we breaking this tradition.”

Smiling brightly, Ari grabbed Sehun’s hand, pulling him upright. “I was hoping you’ll say that.” She whispers, wrapping her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

“Nothing else I can say on that matter.” He reply, wrapping his arms around her waist in return.

 

 

“Sehun!” One of the stylist noona shouted, shaking the boy out of whatever land he’s in.

Blinking away the memories, Sehun stare at the woman before him as she shake her head. “I’ve been calling you for a while now, come on, go get dress, you’re going to be late if you keep this up.”

“Sorry noona,” Sehun’s voice was cold as he took the outfit from her hand, wiping his eyes before scampering towards an empty stall. Pulling on his stage outfit in record time, Sehun sighs as he stares at the leather bracelet that says “& beyond” Ari has the other one that says "To Infinity" kissing it lightly, he took a deep breath before stepping out of the stall. He ignore the worried looks his hyung gave him as he made his way to the make up noona, sitting down quietly, he obeyed their orders for the first time in weeks. “Happy three/five years anniversary Ari.”

“You okay Sehun?” Kai ask, shaking his friend gently when he didn’t move off the seat, the make up noona had finished a couple of minutes ago. “We have to go.”

“I am fine, let’s go. Sorry,” Sehun quietly got off the seat, grabbing his personal items from Luhan before following the rest of the guys to their van, Luhan walking beside him in comfort. Of course Luhan would know what day it is, he always knew.

“Thanks,” Sehun whisper as they took their seat.

“You don’t have to thank me, you need it, and she asked me to take care of you.” Sehun nodded at his answer, leaning back in his seat, he pulled out his phone, smiling sadly at the picture of her blowing out the candles of her birthday cake.

 

 

Flashback--May 27, 2010-Spring

“This way,” Sehun whispers, holding onto his bestfriend's hand tightly as he guided her through the hall. “Watch your steps Ari!” He laugh when she pouted, knowing for a fact that she is glaring at him through her blindfold.

“Why did you blindfold me again?” Ari grumbled, still a bit annoyed that he had pulled her away from her supper, she was having her favorite meal too.

“Don’t complain, I promise you’ll like it.” Ari roll her eyes at his answer, “we’re almost there, I promise!” Nodding, Ari continued following his voice as he led her towards the cloud practice room where many trainees and idols who deemed her their friend/baby sister waited.

“Alright, close your eyes, don’t open them until I say so okay?” Sehun grin, proud of himself for getting this little party together in such a short amount of time.

“I promise,” She laughed merrily when Sehun pulled off the blindfold.

“Okay, open your eyes.” He whispers in her ears, grinning maniacally.

“Surprise! Happy happy Ari!” The large group of people shouted, throwing up confettis and such.

“Oh my! You guys! You... I... Thank you!” She cried, turning to her grinning best friend with a smile that shines brighter than any star in the sky. “Thank you!” She gushes, hugging Sehun tightly before running to the group of people scatter around the room, giving them all tight hugs and big thank yous. The small party went on for the next hour, Sehun getting pats on the back from fellow trainees and idols alike as they thanked him for planning the party.

“You’re seriously not asking her out yet?” Tao ask, nudging his friend playfully.

Rolling his eyes, Sehun continued watching Ari interact with their sunbae. “Not yet, I’m still planning.”

“Of course you are,” Tao rolls his eyes, squealing in surprise when Luhan shove him aside, “Luhan-ge, that hurts!” He cried, grumbling when Luhan flash him a cheeky grin, not seeing Ari coming up to them, shoving him towards Tao as she giggles happily.

“I deserve that,” Luhan laugh, putting Ari in a headlock. “Little brat,” He remarks fondly.

“Sehun!” Ari squeaks, reaching her arms out towards Sehun for help.

 

 

“We’re here Sehun,” Luhan whispers, shaking him gently.

“Thanks,” He mumbles, stepping out after Luhan with a tired sigh. He really don’t want to deal with fangirls today, but when you’re an idol, especially if you’re part of EXO, you’re not going to get out of this.

“I’ve something for you,” Suho whispers, holding out a letter with Sehun’s name on it when they got to their waiting room.

“How...? This is hers,” Sehun whispers in shock, not believing what’s he seeing. Why hadn’t his hyung give him this earlier.

“I promised her I’ll give you one every year on your anniversary, until you find someone new.” Suho said, patting his back in comfort.

Taking in deep painful breath, Sehun forced himself to keep the tears at bay as touch the writing grimly. “How many did she write?”

Suho hummed as he tried to remember. “I don’t remember the actual number, but she wrote a lot. You’ll just have to wait and find out.”

“Thanks hyung...” He whispers, voice breaking as he open the letter. Taking a deep breath he started reading, her voice taking over seconds later.

My dear Sehun,

Happy three years anniversary, Hunnie! How are you today? The hyungs aren’t teasing you too much are they? If they are, tell them I’ll haunt them in their dreams tonight! Was that too soon? If it is, Ari is very sorry Hunnie. (^_^;) Hehehe

Joking aside, I hope you’re feeling better; don’t be depressed about my death Sehun-ah, it was an inevitable thing. Leaving you and everyone was the hardest thing to think about while I lay on that hospital, but then I realized, goodbye isn’t forever. We’ll see each other again, but for the time being, you must remember the good times. You promised me no tears last time, and you can’t go back on your promises!

Remember that time we went to get bubble tea with Luhan-hyung? Tell him he still owes me a drink, and a new shirt will you? He’ll forget if you don’t.

What was I saying? Oh right, remember the good times... We had many didn’t we? fights too, I still remember how much of a jerk you are, Making fun of me at all time of days when we first met, and honestly, you’re a horrible flirt!

I keep on going off track, and now I’m completely lost. What was I saying? I can’t remember for the life of me!

I guess I’ll just have to finish this letter up, and wish you luck. I don’t know what you’re doing as you are reading this, but if you are practicing, remember to drink a lot of water. If you are waiting to perform, don’t be so nervous, and smile! You know everyone love your smile, I would kill to see it right now...

Good luck Sehun-ah, I love you.

Ari

 

 

P.S. Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything, it’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it. ❤❤❤

P.P.S. Say hi to the guys for me!!!! I forgot... Don’t tell them that!  (⌒▽⌒)

 

 

Finishing the letter with a sad smile, Sehun laugh at the memories of the bubble tea incident. “Luhan-hyung, Ari wants me to remind you that you owe her a bubble tea, and a new shirt!” He shouted across the room, making Luhan laugh.

The guys shake their head, fond smiles on their lips as the image of Ari actually yelling at Luhan that he owes her a shirt and bubble tea pops into their head.

 

 

Flashback--November 19, 2011-Autumn

“I want bubble tea...” Ari said, sending Sehun and Luhan puppy dog eyes that radiates want.

“I was thinking the same, is any shop still open?” Sehun gave in instantly, turning to his hyung for an answer. Out of the three of them, Luhan is the one who keeps up with bubble tea stores’ hours.

“Ummm.... The one two block down is still open, it’s close to our dorms too.” Nodding along to his words, the three quickly cleaned up the practice room before packing up their things, and making their way towards the bubble tea shop.

Grabbing his girlfriend’s hand, Sehun held onto it tightly, lacing their fingers together while Luhan held onto her other one. This way, people won’t be suspicious, it’ll look just like 3 best friends going out for a drink after practice. “I want something warm, it’s getting a bit chilly.” Ari happily swing their hands as they walk, ignoring the jealous look shot at her.

“Alright, you two wait here, and I’ll go order. Same thing Sehun?” Luhan ask, letting go of Ari’s hand when they got to the store. He always treat them when it comes to bubble tea, and in return, Ari would bake them goodies.

“Yes please, thanks hyung.”

“You know,” Ari started, looking up at the night sky. “You guys are going to debut in.....five months, we won’t time to get bubble tea all the time then.”  

Not knowing how to reassure her, Sehun could only hold onto her hand tighter. “It doesn’t mean that we won’t see each other all the time.”

“You’re right, I’m so excited for you all!” “Why are you so excited for us?” Luhan ask, handing them each their drinks.

Rolling her eyes at his question, Ari took a sip of her warm drink before answering.“For your debut of course you silly boy.”

“Oh that!” Luhan blushes, waving his hand around in embarrassment, he accidentally smack Ari’s drink out of her hand, spilling it all over her white shirt.  “Holy crud...”

Looking at the two before him, Sehun slowly backed away, not wanting to be in the way when his girlfriend show her wrath. “Luhan....” Ari growled, glaring at him as she shakes the sticky liquid off her hand. “I’m going to kill you! This is one of my favorite shirt!” She screech, face flushed in anger as she jumps at him, missing him by an inch.

“I’m sorry!” Luhan shouted out an apology as he ran off, Ari at his heels.

 

 

“I remember, I swear that was the first time I fear for my life.” Luhan laughed, causing the members to chuckle at his words. The members started talking one by one, saying something about Ari that they remember, reminding each other of her fun eccentricity. Sehun sat in the middle of it all, replaying the good time that they had together even when she was laying in the hospital, fighting for her life. He remember the day she was admitted, and most of all, he remembered the day she said goodbye for the last time. Tears filled his visions then, the memories of her fragile body laying unmoving on that stark white bed far too painful.

 

 

Flashback--March 18, 2012-Spring.

“Ari!” Sehun whispers, dropping to his knees beside his girlfriend’s hospital bed, grasping her hand tightly. They had been practicing earlier this morning when Ari suddenly went limp in pain, and fainted.

Cracking her eyes open tiredly, Ari smiles at her boyfriend in comfort. “Hey there.” She whispers, voice hoarse and her breathing heavy.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?” Sehun voice started cracking, tears filling his vision when he remember what the doctor had told them.

“I honestly didn’t know, please don’t cry.” She begged, tears streaming down her face.

Wiping away her tears gently with his thumb, Sehun laid his head on her lap. “You’re going to get through this Ari, you’ll get better, and then you’ll be able to watch us debut. You’ll be able to see us perform MAMA at our showcase and music shows. You’ll be there when we come back with other songs, and you’ll be there cheering me on, just like how I will when you make your solo debut.” His voice broke then, tiny sobs springing forth as he tried his best to control it. “You’ll teach us our dances, and help us with our vocals just like always....” He trailed off shakily.

Fresh tears sprung forth at his words, Ari began sobbing uncontrollably. “I’ll try Sehun-ah, but Meningococcal disease is hard to cure... I’m already at the end.”

 

 

Flashback--April 8, 2012-Spring

“I’ll be here when you get back, I promise.” Ari smiles, gesturing for Sehun to lean down before kissing him. “Now go rock your show. I’ll be waiting.”

“I’ll be back,” Sehun smile, leaning down to kiss her again before bidding her a see you later, and leaving.

Hours pass by in a blur, Ari going in and out of consciousness the medicine work to keep her fever on a manageable level. None of the doctor knows when she will pass, they are all just trying their best to keep her comfortable, and painless.

All of EXO, including the manager came in at around midnight to find her sleeping, laying so still in her bed, they feared that she had passed.

“Ari...” Sehun whispers, trying to wake his girlfriend in fear that she did leave.

Slowly regaining consciousness, Ari smiles brightly when she saw everyone standing by her bed. “Hello there, I heard you guys did great. Congratulation.”

 

 

Flashback--April 19, 2012-Spring

“Happy birthday Sehun.” Ari smiles, holding up beanie she had knitted for him.

 

 

Flashback--May 13, 2012-Spring

Ari was getting weaker and weaker every day, only waking for an hour or two on most days, and if they were lucky, she would be conscious for more than three hours. Today, however, was not one of those days. She woke up when they had come to visit, managing to stay awake for only ten minutes before falling back asleep.

“Sehun-ah...” She whispers, turning slowly to find him sitting by her bedside, hands propping up his head as he stares at her, lost in his own world.

“Sehun-ah...” She tried again, speaking as loud as she could. Ari smile when Sehun jumped in his seat, eyes widening when he realize she had spoken.

“Ari, you’re awake.” His eyes soften as he brushed a strand of her usually silky brown hair out of her eyes.

“I’m going to leave soon Sehun-ah.” “Don’t say that!” Sehun scold, his grip on her hand tighten.

“You have to except the truth Sehun, please let me talk.” Nodding, Sehun stayed silent while Ari gather herself.

“Promise me you won’t cry too much, and that you’ll be happy.”

Sehun sighs when she gave him her infamous agree-with-me look. “I promise.”

“Good, you’ll find someone else to love, we might not had a long run as a couple, but if you count all those years we deny each other.” She paused, coughing heavily. “If you count those, May the 29 will be our.... fourth years anniversary.” Her heart rate started going up, her breath quicken as she tried to take in more air. “I love you Sehun-ah, and remember, ‘A memory last forever, never does it die. True friends and love stay together, and never say goodbye.’

Her heart rate started slowing as Sehun cried. “I... I love you Ari.” He whispers, choking on his words as he sobs, missing the tears falling from his girlfriend’s eyes.

She could only smile, before her eyes slowly slid shut.

The End