Final

Medicine For Maknae
The plastic handles of the shopping bags cut into your wrists, and you cursed lightly in discomfort, a visibly light breath escaping your lips. Earlier, you hadn't know what exactly to buy...so instead, you just purchased anything and everything that looked remotely useful. 
 
The weights on your arms didn't obstruct you from ungracefully flinging the lobby door open though, and you ducked your head politely at the doorman, who waved you through with a smile. 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
"Did you rob a pharmacy?" Rap Monster snickered as a greeting, stepping aside to let you in. 
 
Usually you'd sass him back, but the three blocks from the store to the dorm were enough to drain you of any clever comebacks. So you settled for holding your arms out limply, shopping bags still attached, whining, "Yah, Namjoon! Don't you see how heavy these are? Be a gentleman for once and take them!" 
 
"Hyung, where are your manners?" a laugh filled your right ear, and Jimin easily hefted the bags unto the kitchen table, shooting you a side smile that you returned gratefully. "You didn't have to buy all of this," he commented as he inspected the array of plastic bottles and packages spilling over on the table's surface. "Jin hyung even made a shopping list. Didn't anyone tell you what to b-"
 
Rap Monster coughed, sidling over and putting the younger boy into a friendly headlock. "She didn't come here for you, so don't be distracting!" Namjoon turned to you and jerked his chin in the direction of the hallway, taking care to avoid your eyes and the teasing smirk on your face. 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
"Jungkook," you called quietly as you cracked the bedroom door open. Glimpses of strewn snack wrappers and dirty clothes filled your line of vision before you turned to the sleeping boy lying on the bed. His long legs were tangled in the thin quilt, and his wrinkled tank top had ridden up, exposing pale skin and faint traces of stomach muscle that looked out of place next to his thin wrists. Sweat plastered his bangs to his forehead, and you started forward to wipe his brow. 
 
"Hey."
 
You jumped at Jungkook's hoarse voice and your foot made contact with a chocolate wrapper on the floor, sending you sliding a few feet and stumbling. 
 
"I told you not to come," the maknae croaked, choosing to ignore your graceful entrance in favor of shooting you an irritated scowl. 
 
"Namjoon called me. The guys felt sorry for leaving you alone like this during practice so they asked me to stay with you." You paused, noticing now the red hue that colored his face. "You shouldn't have lied, though...if I had known you were this sick I would have come anyway."
 
He mutters something unintelligible under his breath before raising his voice so you could hear him retort, "I don't need a babysitter."
 
You winced at his words but bit back the harsh comments you'd certainly regret leaving your mouth, instead turning your attention to the bags of medicine by your feet. 
 
As you knelt down, your knee brushed against soft leather- Jungkook's sneakers. They were scuffed around the soles, and heavy-duty tape reinforced the thinning material inside the shoe. You ran your fingers over the fraying laces, and the leather sagged under the added pressure.  
 
 -----------------------------------------
 
"To be honest..." he said, and you could picture Rap Monster leaning over the table, drumming his fingers on the wooden countertop as he pressed the phone to his ear. "We've only a month left until comeback. That's probably what brought it on, not a virus or anything. The kids practice like crazy, and Jungkook especially."
 
You hummed into the phone.
 
"...Actually, you should stay longer, because I'm pretty sure Jimin is next."
 
 Static suddenly filled the line as Jimin jostled his hyung and protested into the earpiece. 
 
"Just come over, please?" Rap Monster spoke again, traces of laughter still in his voice. 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
You removed your hand from the worn sneaker, straightening up as your knees cracked.
 
"Sit up," you ordered. He silently swallowed the pills you offered in your palm, and stayed upright for you to press a cold towel against his face. 
 
Jungkook mumbled again, but you were close enough to make out the word: "Thanks." 
 
"You won't fall behind," you responded, and he shot you a surprised look. "So don't push yourself so hard trying to prove others wrong. Being young...isn't any indicator of your skills. You're golden maknae," you said simply. 
 
For a moment he didn't speak and eyed you warily, as if afraid you were merely teasing. Then Jungkook smiled despite himself, concealing his relief behind your towel. "Do you promise?" he asked as he leaned back onto the bed, his voice becoming slurred as the drugs entered his system. 
 
You brushed his stray bangs from his eyes and nodded, watching as his eyes closed softly and breathing slowed to a slow tempo. With a smile, you removed your hand from him, pausing to notice the content expression on his face. Somehow, he looked more confident than before. 
 
"Babysitter, my ," you whispered fondly before shutting the door behind you. This kid...he'd be just fine.