Love Signs

Love Signs

Hyerim stares at her cell phone's screen as if her eyes are piercing it. She has been doing that for almost half an hour now, waiting for he to call her or at least text her. But no, no signs at all. The phone remains silent as it is. Hyerim cannot help but feel irritated and annoyed! How can he has no sense at all? 

BTS's No More Dream blasts throughout her room and she immediately perks up. Hyerim answers the phone, grinning from ear to ear, like a kid who just got a candy. However before picking up the phone, she coughs a bit, clearing up her voice and trying to remain composed.

"Hello?" she answers the phone without a hint of excitement. In fact, her voice is rather cold.

"Nuna, are you still mad at me?" Jungkook sounds a bit more nervous and scared on the other line compared to Hyerim.

"You think?" she retorted.

"Ahh, nuna~ Don't be mad at me! She's just asking me to tutor her," he pleaded.

"Yeah, tutor. Go ahead and tutor her. What's her name again? Bora nuna?"

"I'm sorry okay? Plus, Hyerim nuna is my favourite nuna!"

"Really? You're just saying so that I'll forgive you right?"

"I'm serious nuna! Please, just forgive me okay?"

Actually, Hyerim's heart has already softened a long time ago. How can someone be mad at Jungkook? He's just too cute and filled with aegyos. But Hyerim is also known for her cool and straightforward personality. She will not give in that easily. Not when some other girl is trying to mess her chances with Jungkook.

"I'll think about that," she immediately hang up. Hyerim let out a small chuckle. She loves doing this to Jungkook. It's like she's testing him or something even when they are not in a special relationship. That's right. She is just a nuna to Jungkook when she on the other hand is madly in love with him.

Jungkook sighs heavily. He ruffle his hair in irritance and sits down on a chair in front of his study table. He glances at the mess scattered on the table, mostly are notes and discussions with Bora earlier. Jungkook feels guilty and wrong for no reason. He feels like he has let his favourite nuna down. Even when honestly, Jungkook has no idea why Hyerim is so mad seeing him with another girl. He does not know what to do. He feels it's not his fault but seeing Hyerim so angry makes him feel uneasy.

Jungkook has known Hyerim for 5 years now. They went to the same elementary, middle and now even the same high school. Jungkook's cute charm has swooned Hyerim's heart over and they have been very close ever since. The other guys envy Jungkook who is younger than Hyerim and yet still manages to be close to her. 

However, their relationship has always been more of a nuna-dongsaeng relationship. Like a big sister and her little brother. They are never awkward around each other and they tell each other everything. No one can get in the way of their close relationship.

But now, Hyerim is very annoyed and mad towards Jungkook for the first time in their 5-year relationship. Well at least that's what Jungkook thinks. He does not know what to do so after much thinking, he decides to meet up with V who is a close hyung that lives just down the street.

V looks around the cafe and spots Jungkook sitting near the big window, drinking an iced-bubble tea. He walks up to him happily but Jungkook seems too lost in his own world.

"Hey Jungkook!" V greets and sits right across Jungkook.

"Oh, hyung! When did you get here?"

"Let me guess. Hyerim again?"

"How do you know, hyung?" Jungkook widens his eyes. V always seems like he knows Jungkook too well.

"Please, who else can make the happy bubbly Jungkook turn so sour like this huh?" V pouts his mouth intentionally to tease Jungkook.

"Ah hyung! I called you over to help me, okay!" 

"Okay, okay. Chill down. So what is it this time?"

"Hyerim nuna got mad at me just because I was tutoring Bora nuna."

"Ahh...That's all?"

"That's all? Hyung! I'm in serious trouble right now okay! Nuna is really really mad at me!"

"And that bothers you?"

"Of course!" Jungkook crosses his arms and leans back against the couch.

"Then just go and tell her how you really feel," V begins his brotherly advice.

"How I really feel? Well, I told her I'm sorry."

"No! I mean you go to her house tell her that you like her and kiss her! Okay?"

"I don't think that's going to..."

"Jungkook, if you don't confess to her, how is she going to know how you feel? You'll regret it later."

"But...nuna has a boyfriend," Jungkook hangs his head down.

"Okay, you know what, I am so sick of you two. I'm just going to tell you everything cause this burden is killing me okay!" V blurted. He has been keeping that secret for a long time and it's time for him to let the cat out of the bag.

The next day, Hyerim cannot focus on her studies at all. The truth is she has been worried about Jungkook. Was she too harsh on her? Is the joke a bit too much? Jungkook did not walk with her to school that morning like usual and now, school has ended but he's still nowhere to be seen.

Hyerim called him multiple times but he did not pick up. Great, now who's sulking? Hyerim thinks that she's the one who is supposed to be mad and he should be apologizing and consoling her. Seems like it's going to be the other way around this time.

She walks to the basketball court with her hopes held high. Unfortunately, Jungkook is not there. Only his BTS friends are. She walks away at first but then she changes her mind. Hyerim musters up all the courage to go and talk to them. She has never been that close to any of them, except for V, and even that is because of Jungkook.

"Guys, have you seen Jungkook?" she asked to the boys who are just leisurely sitting on the floor, all drenched in sweat.

"Nope," Suga replies while shaking his head.

"Oh...really? Then I guess I should be going," Hyerim turns around to walk away but V suddenly speaks.

"Hold up, Hyerim! I think I saw him somewhere here. Earlier," V scratches the back of his head trying to seem innocent. And with that, Hyerim diverts her attention completely to V. She strides to V and asks, "Where?!" She shakes V, without a care of how desperate she looks right then.

"Here," a voice can be heard and everyone turned to where the voice is coming from. It is Jungkook, still in his school uniform, standing with a box of chocolates in his hand. He slowly walks up to Hyerim and everyone remains silent. It is like they're watching a scene from a drama.

Hyerim immediately rushes to Jungkook and hits him on the arm. "Where have you been stupid?! Do you know how worried I was not to see you this whole day? And why are you ignoring my calls, Jeon Jungkook?"

"Ouch, nuna! That hurts!" Jungkook puts on his sad puppy look and slowly rubs his arm.

"Well, you deserve it!" Hyerim retorts.

"Here," Jungkook gives the box of chocolate and clears up his throat.

"Nuna, I'm sorry for  yesterday. Bora nuna is a nobody for me, seriously!"

Hyerim accepts the gift but still acts as if she's angry. She only keep silent and avoids eye contact with Jungkook.

"Nuna! Please listen to me!" Jungkook grabs Hyerim's arms and turn her around, facing him.

"I don't like Bora nuna. I...like you," Jungkook stares intently into her eyes as she slowly lifts her head up. A glint of happiness twinkled in her eyes.

"No, correct that. I love you. The truth is I've always been in love with you from the start but I thought you only think of me as a dongsaeng. Nothing more."

"So, why are you confessing to me?"

"Because I know you love me too?"

"You know? Don't act like a smarty pant. " Hyerim arches her eyebrow.

"I can prove it."

"Then prove it."

"One, you just got worried because you haven't see me for just a day."

"Yah! Of course! I'm your nuna."

"Two, you love spending time with me. You would bail on your date just so you could go to my small birthday party that day."

"He wasn't that handsome."

"Three, you dress up for me. Look at today, you look very beautiful, nuna."

"I always dress like this."

"Four, you got jealous when I tutored Bora nuna."

"She was all over you that day. So, that's more like making sure you stay away from a like her."

"Five, you kiss me back."

"Yah! When did I--" Hyerim's words are cut off when Jungkook suddenly kisses her. Surprisingly, it is not all cute and amateur but more like a passionate kiss. 

Jungkook pulls back and grins ecstatically. He lifts her and spins her around. Cheers and snickers can be heard from the background. Hyerim and Jungkook forgets that BTS are watching the whole scene.

Hyerim lets out a sigh and smirks. "What took you so long to figure out all the hints that I gave you?" she sarcastically asks. 

"Sorry nuna. I guess I thought since you have a boyfriend and all..."

"My boyfriend does not exist you stupid! I just made him up to get you jealous but man, I didn't know you are this dense!" Hyerim confessed.

"Jungkook! You should thank me okay! Buy your hyung some food or something!" V shouts from afar. Jungkook just chuckles.

"Oh, so you know after V told you all the hints I've been giving you for the past 5 years?" Hyerim suspiciously asks.

"Hehe," Jungkook nervously laughs and scratches the back of his head. "At least I know now?" 

Hyerim knocks her fist against his head. "Yah! Are you really that stupid? And I thought that my 5-year plan works already! Hmph!" she hisses.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry nuna! You will forgive me right? Right? Right? Nuna~" Jungkook rubs his palms together begging for forgiveness while Hyerim trails away.

"Here we go again," V sighs and the rest of BTS just laugh at the cute sight of the two.

 

A/N: This is dedicated to all the nuna fans out there! Hehe, I'm only a 1-year nuna to Jungkook but he is seriously ruining my bias list. Support BTS, support Jungkook and support this story! I will really appreciate your comments and upvotes! Enjoy~ ^^

This one-shot is inspired by Lyn's Noona's Song: