STUPID IN LOVE

STUPID CUPID

 

 

 

It was another day of work, more like a task he had been doing for more than a hundred years. Jiyong looked at the busy people around him; he was like air that they can’t even see. He roamed around the area, scanning the people to see two certain people for his task.

 

“Make her fall for this man, a man without dreams and job, someone whose personality is the worst among mankind” that was Soo Jin's command, her mother and the goddess of love. He knows it was cruel and he felt sorry for the girl, but he has no choice it's his job as a cupid. He sat at the branch of a tree, and from that angle he saw the man. It’s wrong but he was disgusted, it was obvious that the guy doesn’t know proper hygiene.

Just by seeing how he looks like, the more he felt sorry for the girl.

 

“Well love is not about looks anyway” he thought, with a sly smile on his face Finally after a long wait he saw a girl coming and it was his cue to fire his golden arrows to the destined couple. He was about to let go but the beauty of the lady gave him a shock, she looked like a goddess; prettier than all the goddess maybe and he can’t help but admire her face.

 

 

He was busy looking at her when he realized his task, so he tried to aim at the hearts of the couple but he failed. He was only able to arrow the heart of the beautiful girl. In his mind he was thankful, he saved the girl from that horrible man since he was already far, and it would be hard for his arrows to reach him. But remembering his mom, she wouldn't like if he wouldn't try so he extended his arms for the arrows to reach the man but it caused him to fall down of the tree, stabbing his own heart with his arrow. It didn't hurt, but he knows he just made a very big mistake.

 

 Dara felt like someone was following her, but when she turned her head to see if there is someone behind her, she saw no one. It scared her a little so she decided to walk fast. Jiyong on the other hand was following her all day since the accident happen. He was afraid to go back to Olympus, because he was sure they’ll give him punishment for the trouble that he caused. He saw Dara enter a mysterious booth.

 

 He was about to follow her but the idea that it can be a girl’s restroom made him step back and just wait for her outside. While Dara greeted the woman in front of her

 

 “What can I do for you lady? What are you curious about? Is it love, money or family?” Dara thought of going to a fortune teller after the weird feeling she had a while ago, when her heart suddenly beat fast without knowing any reason at all. And of course the problem that everyone in her family is worried about. Everyone calls her beautiful, a lot of men admired her face, but no one even dared to neither court nor ask her for marriage. She was looking for love, but it seems like everything is so slow that today she decided to get advice from a fortune teller.

 

“It’s for love madam” she replied, then the fortune teller took her hand, and she started reading Dara’s palm lines while closing her eyes. Dara went out of the booth after hearing the fortune teller’s words.

 

“There is a man you’re destined with, unique and different from everyone, he is someone unusual” It keeps echoing inside her mind.

 

Jiyong was following her everywhere for almost two weeks now after the day he met Dara. Even in his own simple ways he was trying to show his love for her, but now he was not contented by just looking at her. And though it’s not allowed, today he decided to talk to her.

 

Dara was sitting on a bench alone while reading a book, when suddenly she heard some whispers on the side near her ears. She was scared, thinking that a ghost talked to her. She tightly held her book, trying her best to concentrate on it but suddenly she heard a voice again, a sound of a giggling child. She feels anxious, but cupid on the other hand was having fun seeing her reactions.

 

“Who are you?” Dara asked from too much curiosity and fear. That made Jiyong panic, he was not sure if he was ready to introduce himself, without replying to the lady, Jiyong just stood on the side of the bench, silently watching her again. Sensing that the girl might leave the place soon, he made up his mind that he will let her know who he is. Since he was nervous of talking to her, he used his arrow and carved words at the wooden bench.

 

He drew his symbol, the heart with an arrow; it was a sign that he was in love. Dara was surprised by the sudden figure on the bench; she thought it was the ghost earlier. But instead of being afraid like before she finds it amusing, cute and adorable how the invisible creature tries to communicate with her. So she replied, drawing a smiley face on the bench. That made Jiyong's heart beat fast he was happy that she was not afraid and that she smiled because of him.

 

 

 

For days and then weeks that’s how they communicate with each other through the bench but then slowly Jiyong got his courage of talking to her.

Their love bloomed even though they didn’t know each other’s backgrounds and pasts. Jiyong showered her with love

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

But a time came when Darafelt empty, she started questioning their love, she doesn’t know his name, and more than that she can’t see his face. It made her jealous of other couples; because unlike them, they can see each other, while she can’t even brag about her love, she can’t even tell other people about him, they might think she was a girl that had gone crazy.

 

 

So one day Dara asked him why he wouldn’t let her see his face, but Jiyong simply told her that it was not allowed. She found that reason ridiculous.  She begged him, she really wants to see his face, though Jiyong felt bad that Dara feels that way because of him, he can’t do anything about it, and he can’t break a rule of the gods.

 

He firmly told her that it was impossible for her to see him; that made Dara frustrated, without thinking she told Jiyong that she can’t love him if he won’t let her see his face. It was wrong for her to say that, Jiyong felt like he was stabbed in the heart by her words, the trust he gave her was suddenly gone. He was mad and he can’t believe that she would say such mean and unfaithful words to him.

 

Dara waited for an answer but without any words of goodbye, Jiyong left her. She felt guilt and sadness inside her system. She made him run away from her. And she won’t forgive herself if she can’t bring him back. After crying for hours she made a decision that she’ll do everything just to find him.

 

 

---

 

Dara in the human world, always came to the park where she first encounter Jiyong. Hoping that she will see him there. Since that day her life had gone miserable, it was like she was cursed by someone.

 

From too much sadness her face had gone pale, and her beauty was gone. Men stopped admiring her face; some even insulted her now calling her ugly. She accepted everything, though the fame from being the prettiest of all is now gone, she knows it’s a trial that she needs to conquer.

 

She believed that if she’ll survive it, Jiyong will come and see her. But months passed, and stilleveryone treated her like trash,and Jiyong never showed up.

 

Even if people treated her bad, she accepted it with too much patience. She never gave up; she didn't know that Jiyong was there with her every time.

 

He was forbidden to talk and to communicate with her, but he was there supporting Dara when she failsand cry. He was silently cheering her up. He learned how to forgive her, the hardship that she experienced because of the curse that his mom gave her was enough to let him know that she loves him.

 

 

When Dara was asleep he took her to Olympus, he knows she was worthy to be one of them. He made her Immortal and finally without any hesitations she was able to see his face. Though Dara was overwhelmed by the truth that the guy she loved was the God of love, she was happy, that her wish was granted. She was able to see him and that he forgave her.

 

 

All the Gods approved their relationship, even Soo Jin who envied Dara too much. She even stopped the curse and brought back Dara's beauty.

 

In the end the two lovers were married and lived happily as a couple that inspired all people to love not just because of physical features but because your love has trust and faith.

 

 

 

THE END

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Simple isn't it? It's suppose to be a children's book that's why... that homework gave me a headache lol. its from our summer reading but i didn't read the book at all on time .. so i was basically cramming and like reading it fast before the deadline. lol I know it .. well atleast i finished it lmao! 

 this is not the original myth I kind off changed some parts of the myth and make my own version of it 

ANYWAY THANK YOU.. hope you guys liked this simple one shot 

 

 

KAMSAAA :)