One

Finding Happiness For You

"Seoul High" Soojung read the words engraved on the stone in front of school. With an expressionless face, she looked up at the building she’ll be attending every weekday starting from today.

Silently, under the soft ending of spring breeze, Soojung’s eyes wandered in the neat, yet seemingly peaceful, surrounding.  It seemed pretty much like a normal school, what more would she expect.

Finally deciding to move, Soojung walked toward the school's doors, to be then greeted by a middle age lady at the front desk.

"Hello, I'm Ahn Soojung. New transfer student." Keeping her words short, she simply said what she needed to say. With a smile, the secretary handed her papers with a few instruction to her classroom. Soojung nodded and headed to her classroom without any more words.

Class 3-A, she read the small sign over the doors. She knocked the door, like she had always done at the office back in Canada, three quick knocks.

The teacher opened the door with a smile, recognizing his new student.

“Class!” The teacher’s voiced out loud as the classroom quieted down, “This is our new transfer student who’ll be with us starting today until graduation. She had come a long way from Canada, so be sure to give her a warm welcome.” the teacher explained. He then slightly turned, facing the young girl, indicating her to introduce herself.

Not caring much, she faced the 35 students in front, “My name’s Ahn Soojung.” She ended with a sigh, and then turned to the teacher so he could process to her seating. The older male looked surprised, “Won’t you say anymore more, student Soojung?” Now with an annoyed expression clearly seen on her face, she rudely replied, “What else do I need to say when you already introduced me?”

Stunned by her tone, the teacher frowned, opened his mouth to scold, but with Soojung piercing eyes staring right back at him, he could feel slight chills down his spine. “Erm,” the older male nervously looked around the room, “You can sit there are the empty place next to our student, Bang Yongguk sshi.” he pointed the sit next to a boy who raised his hand when he heard his name. Without a care, Soojung walked to the sit, and plopped herself down, staring at the clean black board in front, while a few student were whispering about her behaviour.

Interested by the new student the moment she came in, Yongguk stole a few glances throughout the class.

He noted that she would always keep her straight position and continuously write down every notes written on the board. From his little distance, he could also see a neat handwriting.

But his attention wasn't long on the way she worked. His eyes travelled up to her petite visage. From his side of view, her jaw line was pretty sharp. Although her introduction was cold earlier, right now, she seemed rather soft. Her eyes were bright and gave off an innocent feel, that is if she wasn't talking or staring at you. Her small nose complimented the small face she had. After minutes of observation, he wondered how she'd look if she were to smile with those soft looking lips.

"Yah! Bang Yongguk!" Woken up by a loud voice, Yongguk straightened up, slightly looking like a lost puppy. Noticing his best friend standing in front of him, he quickly greeted him, as he looked around the empty classroom. "It's dinnertime, smart boy. Everyone already left." Hearing that, Yongguk frowned, Does she knows her way around?

"Let's go, I'm hungry." Yongguk finally said, after a short moment of silence. "It's about time you notice, I'm starving to death!" "Yeah, right. We'll serve you 10 plates then, Himchan."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yee! a first short chapter.
~AngelicWhisper~