Because the Answer is You

VIXX Shots

I remember that moment vividly. That one moment my whole life was taken away.

“Goodbye, Jaehwan.” What does he mean ‘Goodbye’?

“Taekwoon, no, you can’t leave.” I hug him from behind. Why is he throwing me away like this? We endured so much together. Why now?

“I’m sorry, Jaehwan.”

“But, why?” My voice is shaky. My heart is hurting. I never wanted to hear those words.

“Jaehwan,” I hear his voice growl, “don’t make it harder than it already is. I need to go. Please, don’t ask any more questions.” His voice softens to a whisper, and with that, he leaves.

That moment runs through my mind for eternity. I tried to move on. I really did. I found someone else, his name is Hongbin. He’s really sweet. He wanted to become a singer. Just like you. Funny, huh?  But every time I look at him, I see you. Whenever he says something, it doesn’t come into my ears. My heart is only for you. My heart belongs to you and only you.

He tried for me. He really did. He asked me about myself. What my favorite things to do were. What kind of music I liked to listen to.  I couldn’t answer those questions. All those words I was mumbling were of you. How could I forget you after all those ‘I love you’s , after all the conversations  we had on late nights into early mornings, after the times we spent together? 

We eventually broke up. He said we were too different. I knew the real reason. He knew I only wanted you. You were the only thing I thought about.

I was still wondering about you. Why did you leave me? Why did you? You never answered that question. I moved away. I went to Sweden. Even then all I thought about was you. I thought a change of scenery would have been good for me, but nothing changed.  Pathetic, huh?

I came back. I wanted to look for you. I joined a company called Jellyfish Entertainment. I thought maybe you had become a singer by then, and I could’ve found you. No one had heard the name Jung Taekwoon though. What were you doing?

I visited your parents’ house. They had to know where you were. They didn’t expect my visit. You were gone. They told me you had been sick. You died a few years ago. Is that why you left? You were sick? Why didn’t you tell me? I didn’t know how to feel. Angry, mournful, lost?

My body aches now. You still consume my thoughts. But, Taekwoon, why? We could’ve gone through this together? Why’d you have to brave this alone?  

But soon I’ll be with you. Soon the pain will be gone. We can be what we could’ve been those years ago. Why am I doing this? Because the answer is you. 


A/N: Sorry I've been so late on updating (everything) OMFG. I'm so sorry please accept my apology. I feel so bad. *Grovels for forgiveness* ;-; I do hope you like this one- shot though. I've been working on it all day.