First Arrival

When I First Met You

*SunMi's POV*

I looked over at a sleeping Bomi and a distracted Mi Kiyoung who was listening to songs on her ipod. The silence was boring me and I puffed out my cheeks like a blowfish. Glancing out the window, I got a nice glimpse of clouds and sky, which wasn't too bad of a view. I was glad I got a window seat.

We were still hours away from Seoul and I was bored as heck, though. My ipod was dead and I didn't know which bag my notebook was in, so I could draw or write for the next few hours. It had been Bomi's idea for us to go to school in Korea after graduating high school back in America. We were all so close and it had always been our dream to go to another country and since the three of us were Korean, then we decided why not? None of us had ever been to Korea except me, but we knew th language from our parents. And eventually, Mi Kiyoung and I agreed with Bomi and now here we are, on a plane to Seoul. It wasn't something spontaneous. We didn't just hop on a plane and fly to South Korea. The three of us had applied to a college after making sure our parents were okay with us going to school somewhere other than America and they had been surprisingly supporting. We already bought a furnished apartment with their help on the money part.

It was really exciting to finally go back to Korea after not visiting for so long. I wished the plane would just land already. My legs were tingling with anxiousness and my fingers found their way up to my hair, pulling a little restlessly. Ever since I was a child, long plane rides or long car rides made me feel a little tense and restless.

"Why?" I mumbled and leaned back in my seat, crossing my arms over my chest. 

A small pout started to form on my lips as I checked my wrist watch. 

Maybe, if I sleep then time will go by faster.

"SunMi?" I turned my head to the right to see Mi Kiyoung looking at me with an odd expression. She had taken her earphones out and placed her ipod in her lap.

I arched an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" she asked, looking slightly curious. 

She had probably seen my little fiasco of pulling my hair and looking out the window like we were going to crash or something like that.

I nodded. "I'm just bored and anxious. I want to get to Seoul already. I haven't been there since I was a little girl, you know." I ran a hand through my hair and looked pass Mi Kiyoung to make sure I didn't wake Bomi up.

"C'mon. Music will help." She handed me one of her earphones and I smiled thankfully. We listened to random American artists like Katy Perry, Damien Rice, Adele, and more. Some of the songs I liked and some I didn't. Then it got me thinking about the Korean culture. 

"Hey, Mi Kiyoung?" I said, taking the earbud out of my ear and looked over at her.

"Yeah?"

"Don't you think it's weird that we don't listen to any Korean artists? What do they call it? K-pop?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I guess so. I mean the three of us grew up in America, so it's understandable. Maybe we'll hear some k-pop songs over there."

I nodded. "Yeah. I guess."

 

∞ ∞ ∞

 

The plane finally landed a few hours later. I was glad to finally be in Seoul. 

Finally.

"Bomi. Yah. Time to wake up," I said, nudging her a bit so she would get out of her deep sleep. 

"Ice cream? Huh?" Her eyes fluttered open and it took her a little while to realize we were suppose to be getting off the plane. "Oh!" She said suddenly and stood up quickly. I smiled at her as she apologized and we exited the plane. The three of us got our suitcases and headed out of the busy airport. It was dark and cold, not what I was expecting. We probably got there in the middle of the night.

"Bomi? Do you have the key to the apartment?" I asked as we walked down the streets of Seoul, dragging our suitcases along with us. Even though it was cold, we didn't bother getting a ride. Walking the streets of Seoul used to be my favorite thing to do as a little girl before moving to America with my family and meeting Bomi and Mi Kiyoung. The streets can be crowded at times, but in the middle of the night it's quieter and much less busy. 

I checked my watch. It was almost two o'clock in the morning. No wonder it had been so empty. We probably looked like weirdos or trouble makers for being out at such a late time too.

"Yep. It's right here." She pointed to the key necklace she was wearing then grabbed two similar necklaces from her jacket pocket. 

"These are for you guys since it's hard sometimes to remember your keys." She handed two to the both of us and we put them on happily. Bomi was always the type of person who would think things up like putting keys on a necklace chain or doing things that would help others. She was always thoughtful like that.

Almost there, I thought to myself as I looked at the small map Mi Kiyoung was holding.

We walked a little longer before reaching the apartment building we would be living at. 

We walked through the doors and stood in a lobby that reminded me of a hotel back in America."Oh, look there's an elevator. What floor are we on?" I asked as we walked toward the elevator. 

"Five, I think," Bomi answered when we got ourselves and our suitcases into the elevator. I nodded and pressed the button, waiting to go up. A song was playing in the elevator. I could immediately tell it was k-pop, not just because of the lyrics, but because of the beat. It sounded a lot different than most American songs. It was refreshing in a way. I was actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

"Replay, replay, replay." I started singing along with the song and Mi Kiyoung gave me a weird look. 

"What?" I stopped singing and raised my eyebrows, glancing towards her.

"I thought you said you don't listen to k-pop."

"I don't. I just started singing along with it," I said with a shrug.

The elevator doors opened and we walked out into the hallway. 

"Doesn't this place remind you guys of a hotel from America, but bigger and more permanent?" Bomi said as we looked for our apartment door. I nodded in agreement. She was right. "Yeah...Oh hey guys! I think this is it. That's the number right?" 

Bomi looked down at her hand, she had written the door number on her hand before we left America because she knew that at least all or one of us would forget the number. "That's the one," She confirmed. Mi Kiyoung then took off her key necklace and used it to open the door. We walked in and looked around the apartment. The walls were painted white, it had a balcony leading out from the living room towards the far side of the room with glass doors, and fortunately it was already furnished like we bought it with modern/traditional style furniture. 

"Oh, it has a t.v. This is cool," Mi Kiyoung said as we walked around the apartment curiously. We had only seen it in pictures when we bought it and once we were inside, the feeling that we were really going to be living there starting to sink in.

"Three bedrooms too," Bomi said, returning to the living room where Mi Kiyoung and I were now standing. 

"We should unpack," I suggested, grabbing the handle of my suitcase. We walked down to the hallway that had three bedroom doors. Apparently, each room had a bathroom connected to it too. No wonder the place had been so expensive to buy. All three of our parents had pitched in to get it for us.

"Hmm...I pick the first one on the left," Bomi decided and went to unpack.

"I pick the middle," Mi Kiyoung said and did the same as Bomi.

That left me standing in the hallway alone. "Why does the youngest never get to pick first?" I mumbled and went to the last room on the right. I walked in and propped my suitcase up on the bed. I looked around and saw that there was a dresser, a vanity mirror, and a door leading to my bathroom. I unpacked my clothes, putting them into the dresser neatly. After putting up some picture frames of my family, I thought I would go see how Bomi and Mi Kiyoung were doing. I walked over to Mi Kiyoung's room first since hers was the closest. The door was open, but she wasn't there. And I was about to leave when my eyes spotted something amazing.

 

Cookies...

 

My stomach growled when my eyes fell upon the cookies that were in a plastic bag. Chocolate chip...my favorite. I remembered Mi Kiyoung packing them before we left America. They had smelled so good then. I was starving too. 

They are probably for all of us. 

I innocently took two of them and went back to my room, eating my cookies. I smiled to myself, sitting on my bed, and finishing the cookies happily. My hunger was settled for a little while.

"Yummy!" I punched my fist in the air with a grin.

"SunMi!" Just then, Mi Kiyoung bursted through my door. I jumped startled and fell off my bed, hitting my on the floor. 

"Aish. That hurt."

"Did you eat my cookies?" She demanded, hands on her hips, staring me down in the process. I looked up at her with that same innocent look I had when I took the cookies.

"Y-Yes...I thought they were for all of us," I said quietly, still on the floor. She walked over to me and I got up, quickly running away from her. She smiled, getting a pillow from my bed and throwing it at me. I caught it and looked at her.

"Unnie! It's just cookies!" I said and threw the pillow back. 

*Key's POV*

I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing people screaming. It sounded like girls? I chuckled slightly and smirked.

Ah it must be the new neighbors...They probably found out they are living next to Shinee.

 

A/N: Well that's the first chapter! We really hope you liked it! We'll update soon for sure. Please comment and subscribe! You're thoughts on the story would be helpful! Thank you! Annyeong! 

A/N 2/6/12: It kind of made me feel weird as I edited this chapter xD So many mistakes. Anyway please comment and subscribe.

~ flowergirl Sushi ~