Chapter two

When will you love me?

So sorry for the late update! Was busy with exams. Hope you guys enjoy this update~ :) Remember to leave comments after~ Hehe.. :D             

 

            It was a Friday evening and Hyukjae was invited to attend a dinner party held by Sungmin, who was the only person Hyukjae considered a friend.

            Sungmin and Hyukjae met when they were in pre-school after Sungmin had saved Hyukjae from some older kids teasing and bullying. Sungmin also taught Hyukjae self-defense so that he could defend himself in the future. Also coming from a rich family, Sungmin knew the risk that came with, such as kidnapping or robberies.

            They stayed friends all the way through schooling days and Sungmin witnessed Hyukjae’s change in personality. He watched him change from the sweet young boy to cold and heartless C.E.O. But he didn’t say anything because Hyukjae had never treated him the same way he treated others.

            When Sungmin called to invite Hyukjae for his party, Hyukjae had half a mind to deny the invitation. He was tired after working hard the whole week just to officially close a deal with an American company and all he wanted was to go home and rest throughout the weekend. He made up an excuse that he wanted to spend time with his husband, but then Sungmin just asked Hyukjae to bring him along instead. In the end, Hyukjae just couldn’t get out of it.

            So here he was, at one of Sungmin’s huge mansions next to the beach. The mansion was a gift from one of the many admires Sungmin had and was one of Sungmin’s favorites because of its location and the spectacular view. Hyukjae was dressed in jeans and a button up shirt - since the party was held next to the beach and Sungmin had made it a smart-casual party -  and had his arm around his husband’s waist. Donghae wore a pair of jeans as well and a plain white collared shirt.

            “Hyukjae!” Hyukjae and Donghae turned to see Sungmin excitedly waving and walking towards them. “I was wondering when you’d show up.”

            Hyukjae let go of Donghae to give Sungmin a friendly hug, “But I’m not late, am I?” Hyukjae said after he pulled away and watched Sungmin hug Donghae.

            “No. But you are my best friend and therefore should be here earlier to support me. Nice to see Donghae again. How have you been? Everything good at the bakery?” Sungmin replied.

            Donghae smiled, “It’s nice to see you again as well, Hyung. I’ve been well and the bakery is doing great!”

            Sungmin pinched Donghae’s cheeks, “Aww… Your whole face lights up when you talk about your bakery! You look so cute! Can I keep him, Hyuk?”

            “He isn’t a pet, Min. He’s my husband and he’s mine. So no, you can’t keep him.” Hyukjae said as he pried Sungmin’s hands off Donghae.

            Donghae blushed at Hyukjae’s reply. If only he was really this possessive of me. The only thing he never wants to lose is his company.

            “Aww~ Hyuk doesn’t want to share anymore.” Sungmin pouted.

            “I don’t think anyone shares their lovers, Min.” Hyukjae replied coolly as he hugged his husband from the back, making Donghae blush even more.

            “Hmph! Fine. But OH MY GOSH! Hae-hae you look so cute when you blush!” Sungmin made a move to snatch Donghae from Hyukjae, but Hyukjae dodged while still holding onto his Hae.

            “He’s mine, Lee Sungmin. And behave, this is your party. Go attend to other guest as well and leave my Hae alone.” Hyukjae scolded.

            Sungmin pouted even more but the sighed, knowing Hyukjae was right and that he needed to entertain his other guest. “Okay then. You guys enjoy the party and I’ll see you later.” He then walked away after patting Donghae’s head.

            After Sungmin left, Hyukjae whispered, “Behave yourself while we’re here. There are many big-shots here and I don’t want you making my company look bad. Eventhough you aren’t a worker, you’re my husband and do play a part in helping maintain the image.”

            Donghae nodded. “I understand, Hyukjae.”

            “Don’t call me Hyukjae while we’re here. We need to seem sweet and loving.”

            “What should I call you then? Hyuk?”

            “Nah, Hyuk seems more friendly then endearing. Hyukkie should do.”

            Donghae was startled a bit. “But you hated it when I called you that last time. You said it sounded disgusting and to never call you something like that again.”

            Hyukjae wrapped his arms around him tighter, – squeezing Donghae to make him uncomfortable – making others think he was being possessive and sweet. Donghae had long learned to control his expression when his husband did such things since that was the method Hyukjae always used to intimidate him while in public. “I know what I said, Donghae. But apparently, this is more endearing and suitable in our current situation and you are going to address me like that during this party, am I clear?” Then he loosened his hold so Donghae could breathe properly again.

            Donghae struggled to breathe evenly again, but nodded nonetheless. “Yes… Hyukkie.”

            “Hmm… It does sound disgusting. But good, at least you understand. C’mon, let’s go eat something and act like a ing lovey dovey couple and then leave as soon as possible, I feel a headache coming on.” Hyukjae held Donghae’s hand and dragged him to the buffet table.

            Although Hyukjae had been a jerk to Donghae just a while ago, Donghae couldn’t help but feel worried that his husband wasn’t feeling well. “Why don’t we just go back now if you feel unwell? We could tell Sungmin you aren’t feeling well.”

            “One, because Sungmin is my friend. And two, it’s easy to find other rich and powerful people to befriend here.”

            “But you aren’t feeling well.”

            “I don’t need you to remind me.”

            “But…”

            “Look, I brought you here because Sungmin asked me to and because it makes me look like a good husband. Not because I need you to act like my mom. So shut up because you’re making my headache worse.”

            Donghae looked down and just let himself be pulled along by Hyukjae. He bit his lip and fought the tears that threatened to appear. Don’t cry. You can’t cry now! You’ll make Hyukjae pissed again!

            “Don’t you dare cry now.”

            Donghae quickly tried willed his tears away. “I’m sorry.”

            Hyukjae sighed and pulled Donghae to the corner of the room that was less crowded, and then used his body to shield Donghae away from everyone’s sight. “Fine. If you are going to cry then make it quick.”

            Hyukjae didn’t realize his words just made Donghae feel like crying even more. “It’s not something I can start and stop whenever I want to.” Donghae quickly wiped his eyes, cursing when he felt the back of his hand wet.

            “Well, you don’t have a choice.”

            Donghae didn’t know what to retort and just covered his face, only emitting soft sniffles. He heard Hyukjae sigh and suddenly felt arms wrap around him. He gasped at the contact, but refused to show his face, afraid that someone will see his red eyes if he did.

            Hyukjae though that hugging Donghae would make him calm down and stop crying, but that didn’t seem to work at all. So he let go of Donghae and gently pried his husband’s hands away from his face.

            “Don’t cry. Please.”

            Donghae was beyond shocked at his husband’s behaviour. What’s happening? Did I fall and hit my head? He never says please. Donghae was too caught up in his thoughts to notice Hyukjae closing in. He only realized after he felt Hyukjae’s lips on his.

            He’s kissing me. He’s actually kissing me! These were the only thoughts going through Donghae’s head. He felt Hyukjae’s hand on his nape, pulling him closer and he felt himself slowly give in and kiss back. Donghae wrapped his arms around Hyukjae’s neck while Hyukjae moved his hands down to hold Donghae’s waist.

            Hyukjae pulled away after a while and wiped away any trace of tears from Donghae’s face. “Well, that got you to stop crying. Our rival company’s C.E.O. in on the way over, probably to boast about his new contract or something.” Hyukjae said and rolled his eyes. “I can’t have you crying in front of him.”

            Realization dawned on Donghae. He kissed me just so I’d stop crying. Just so he didn't look bad.

            With that thought, Donghae instantly felt sick. “I’m not your ing toy, Lee Hyukjae.”

            Hyukjae frowned at that reply – since Donghae was always polite and never cursed. He always did as Hyukjae told him to. He was about to say something but Donghae pulled away and ran towards the door. Hyukjae wanted to go after him but was held back by someone.

            “Heard you managed to close the deal with that American company. Good for you, Hyukjae.”

            Knowing that voice well, Hyukjae composed his expression and turned to face his rival, “Well, it took some effort. But it was worth it. Nice to see you too, Heechul.”

            “Ah, yes. Where are my manners? Always a pleasure to see you. Was that your husband running out?” Heechul pointed toward the front door.

            Hyukjae frowned and cursed mentally,”Yes. It seems he didn’t feel so good. He said he thinks he ate something bad for lunch and it’s causing his stomach to be upset. I should go check on him, excuse me.” Hyukjae didn’t wait for a reply as he went out in search for his husband.

            Unfortunately, he didn’t see his husband anywhere. He took out his phone and tried to call Donghae, but it went straight to voicemail.

He then dialled his driver’s number, who picked up after the first ring. “Yes,sir?”

            “Is Donghae with you?”

            “Mr. Donghae isn’t with me, sir. The last I saw him was when I dropped him off with you at Mr. Sungmin’s mansion, sir.”

            Hyukjae cursed. “Let me know immediately if he calls you.”

            “Yes, sir.” With that, Hyukjae cut the line.

            Dammit! Where could that boy be?