The Worst Night [2.2]

My 24 Hour Bodyguard

Victoria: ...
You: What's wrong Victoria? You went silent all of a sudden.
Victoria: Yeah..
You: You look really pale. Do you feel sick!?
Victoria: Just a little..
You: Shall we go to the bathroom?
Victoria: Yeah..
You: I'm sorry Sungmin, Victoria isn't feeling well so I'm just going to take her to the bathroom.
Sungmin: I'll go with you.
You: You can't go into a girl's bathroom.. I'll be back soon.
Sungmin: All right.. Call me immediately if anything happens.
You: I will. Victoria, can you stand?
Victoria: Yes. I'm sorry, (your name).

 

  I supported Victoria as we walked to the bathroom.Victoria went into a stall & I stood waiting for her by the sink. My face is a little red as well. I have had a bit to drink & feel a bit light headed.. Just as I touched a hand to my reddened cheeks.. I sense the presence of someone behind me, and both my arms were pulled behind my back.

 

You: !

 

   I've been gagged! This guy is..

 

Man: Don't you dare struggle.
You: Umff.

 

  Bound & gagged, I was led towards the back exit of the bar. The man tugged harder as we stepped outside the bar.

 

Man A: Behave yourself.
You: ...


  They must be the ones who were after me. I should have listened to Sungmin & had him come with me..


Man A: We'll be kind if you don't make a fuss.


  There's a car parked ahead, if they get me in there, it's all over.. I was wondering if I should try & make a break for it, when a grip on my arm suddenly wasn't there anymore.


Man A: Aagh!!
You: !
Sungmin: Are you all right, (your name)?
You: Sungmin!


  Sungmin kicked the man square in the gut, and he dropped like a stone, clutching his stomach.


Man A: Urrrghhhh!
Sungmin: Come here!


  Sungmin reached out his arm & pulled me close.


Sungmin: Are you hurt?
You: N-no. I'm okay.
Sungmin: Good. Stay behind me now.


  Sungmin stood out in front of me protectively.


You: How did you know I was there..?
Sungmin: I saw a strange shadow as you went into the bathroom.
You: There are men coming out of the car!
Sungmin: Don't leave my side, you hear?

 

  Sungmin kept me at his back as he deftly put the three men who climbed out the car on the ground.


Man B: Damn it! We'll need to retreat now!


  The men's car pulled away, leaving one man unconscious on the street.


Sungmin: Hm..


  Sungmin placed the man in handcuffs before pulling out his cell phone.


Sungmin: This is Lee Sungmin of the special police security department. Come as soon as you can.


  Moments later, I saw police cars approaching.


Officer: We have taken the man into custody.
Sungmin: This is the plate number for the car the others got away in. Please get this to headquaters.
Officer: I will! Are you going to head back to the Prime Minister's residence?
Sungmin: i suppose..


  Sungmin began to answer the officer, before glancing behind himself to look at me. Sungmin?


Sungmin: No. I'll take her home.
Officer: Understood. I'll run checks on that car & report back to you.
Sungmin: mm.
You: Sungmin. Are you sure you don't have to go back to headquaters?
Sungmin: You need to rest.
You: What..?
Sungmin: If we go there tonight, you will be asked a lot of questions & won't be allowed to sleep. You don't want that, do you?
You: Well, it you put it that way.. I would prefer to take it easy back at my place.


  Is he being consideratre towards me..?


Sungmin: We'll say goodbye to Yuri & leave then, all right?
You: Okay..


  Claiming to be feeling ill, I asked the others to excuse me from the gathering. I felt myself relax as soon as I stepped back inside my apartment. I didn't realize how wound up I was..


You: I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble.
Sungmin: Don't worry about it. It is my job to protect you in situations like that.
You: I was just out drinking with my friends.. I never thought..


  I sat down on the spot, and the tension I had been holding inside suddenly snapped.


You: ...
Sungmin: You're silent all of a sudden. What's wrong?
You: Up until recently, I was just a normal student living a normal life, but now.. So why..?
Sungmin: I take it what happened today really hit you hard?
You: Sungmin, I'm just a normal girl. I haven't done anything..


  Why am I telling him this? It's not like anything can be done about it.. I tried to keep my feelings contained, but my feelings bubbled up from deep inside.


You: Why..
Sungmin: This is the first time I've seen you show your weakness.
You: What..?
Sungmin: You suddenly had people trying to kill you, and were assigned a bodyguard who invades your privacy all the time.. Yet you never complained once.
You: That's because.. It is more difficult for my father & yourself than it is for me.
Sungmin: Others having a hard time doesn't make your own hardships go away.


  Sungmin gently laid a hand on my head, and smiled kindly. Even he can look kind when he wants to..

 

Sungmin: There, there. Even the strongest of us need a rest & a good cry once in a while.
You: I-I..


  I really will cry if he keeps being kind to me like this..


You: Then.. Can I lean on you for a littlw while?
Sungmin: Only for today.


  Sungmin my hair gently.


You: ..Sniff..
Sungmin: You should be grateful you can cry in my arms.


  Sungmin wrapped his arms around me. It should be against the rules to be so arrogant when comforting someone.. Once I started crying I found I couldn't stop. That night I cried myself to sleep, there in Sungmin's arms. The next day, I had gone to give my account of what had happened the night before, when Mr. Park told me about the international goodwill dinner.


You: You want me to attend as the Prime Minister's daughter?
Leeteuk: There have been many requests to meet you now that your existence has been made public.. And the Prime Minister has requested it as well..
You: I see. I will do all that I can.
Leeteuk: The Prime Minister will be pleased. Now, the secretary has some more information for you..


  The secretary explained the party schedule to me & what preparations would need to be made on the day. The state house will prepare a dress for me.. I'll need to do something with my hair. I can perhaps go & buy some kind of accessory at least..


That's the end of The Worst Night. I'll update again soon! Good nite!!^^


Preview


Sungmin: Are you ok with table manners?


  The most pinch to me attending to the party..


Sungmin: If you have a violation with your manners just know you won't be able to eat the dish.


  Sungmin's lesson of table manners is going to start!?