Sungmin's Secret [2.2]

My 24 Hour Bodyguard

  I saw Kyuhyun coming towards us from down the hall.

 

Kyuhyun: Hello Sungmin, Miss (your name).

You: Hello.

Sungmin: Were you on the roof?

Kyuhyun: Yes. Noni wasn't looking very well.

Sungmin: Is he going to be all right?

Kyuhyun: After talking to him for a bit, I found out he was just in bad mood. He seemed better after having something to eat with me.

You: Noni..?

 

  That name sounds foreign. A visitor maybe..?

 

Kyuhyun: Noni is one of my pigeon friends.

You: Pigeon..?

 

  Kyuhyun thinks of pigeons as his friends.. He's a bit weird.

 

Kyuhyun: That reminds me. I saw those two from public safety leaving the building while I was on the roof.

Sungmin: You mean Donghae & Yesung?

Kyuhyun: Yes. They seemed to be ina hurry. I take it the investigation isn't going well.

Sungmin: Indeed. They were desperate enough to get her involved.

 

  Kyuhyun could tell how the investigation was going from where he was on the roof?

 

Kyuhyun: is that what it was doing? It must have been hard for you, Miss (your name).

You: Mr. Park was with me the whole time, so it was fine.

Kyuhyun: I see. Please allow me to introduce you to Noni next time.

You: yes, of course.

Kyuhyun: Now then..

Sungmin: see you..

 

  Kyuhyun seems really calm & gentle, but I get the feeling there is more to him than that.. Kyuhyun waved with a smile as he headed back to the security room. Sungmin drove down the road as the streetlamps were just coming on.

 

You: Thank you for what you did back there.

Sungmin: back where?

You: When they were talking about questioning me, you stood up & defended me.

Sungmin: Oh, that. Don't go getting the wrong idea.

You: Huh?

Sungmin: I didn't do it for you. Investigative work is like a turf war. We cannot have the public safety department sticking their noses into our business.

You: Oh.. I see..

 

  I should have realized that. Sungmin isn't exactly the sentimental, caring type..

 

You: Police work must be difficult.

Sungmin: I suppose. Public safety division aside, I don't have the best working relationship with Donghae & Yesung.

 

  Now that he mentions it, Sungmin didn't look to happy talking to Donghae..

 

Sungmin: There's a delivery van stopped just outside your apartment.

You: I guess they have a parcel to deliver.

Sungmin: It will be the things I sent. Stay in the car, just in case. I'll collect the package.

You: Oh, I'll go with you..

Sungmin: The criminals after you might be disguising themselves as delivery men.. Stay here.

You: R-right..

 

  Sungmin has to think of so many different things as if they were completely normal. I watched him from inside the car as he casually walked up & accepted the package. He then came back to the apartment. Sungmin placed the box on the floor.

 

Sungmin: Are you hungry?

You: Not really.

Sungmin: We'll have dinner later then.

You: Okay.. Oh!

 

  There's still nothing in the fridge & we haven't been shopping yet.. 

 

Sungmin: What's wrong?

You: The fridge is empty. We'll need to go & buy some food before we can make dinner.

Sungmin: Do you have pasta?

You: I think I might have some pasta..

Sungmin: Okay, and there was some mince in the freezer.. And there was some eggplant left, right?

You; Oh, yes..

Sungmin: Then I can make a spaghetti bolognese with eggplant. That sound okay to you?

You: O-of course.

 

  Sungmin's planning to cook again tonight.. And he came up that so quickly, he must be used to cooking a lot..

 

Sungmin: Shall we clean up first?

 

  He looked down at the box on the floor. It's a really bug box. How long is he planning onliving here..

 

Sungmin: Help me unpack.

 

  I'm grateful he is willing to cook for me.. But I don't like the way  he orders me around. sungmin opened the box & withdrew several paper bags.

 

Sungmin: Pull everything out of these.

You: Okay.

 

  I did as I was asked & lined the contents of the bags up along the floor. I wonder if he got this folder from a girl. It has a really cute floral pattern. The next things I came across were towels. These are such a lovely shade of pink, and so soft..

 

You: These towels are lovely. Were they a present from someone?

Sungmin: ...

You: huh?

Sungmin: Yes..

 

  he was holding a teddy bear shaped shampoo bottle in his hand.

 

You: A teddy bear..

Sungmin: I-I'll finish up sorting these on my own! Go over there somewhere!

You: ...

 

  Why does he have a teddy bear shaped shampoo bottle..? And he has so many other cute things.. I turned my gaze towards the floral folder & pink towels. Did he have his girlfriend's things sent to him by mistakes..?

 

Sungmin: Damn, they sent the wrong box.. I was expecting the guest set..

 

  I could hear Sungmin muttering to himself.

 

You: ...Oh! Sungmin, are you a met..

Sungmin: What did you say?

You: Are you a metroual?

Sungmin: Huh? What do you mean by that? This is real life, not some TV program..

 

  He's speaking a bit too fast to be convincing..

 

Sungmin: I had the wrong package sent.

You: But you just said you had expected the guest set.. Which means this isn't what you use for guests.

Sungmin: I meant to say that I accidentally had the guest set sent.

You: ...

 

  No.. He definitely said he had expected the guest set to come. Which means that these must be his own personal things.

 

Sungmin: What, are you doubting me?

You: N-no. I was just thinking how lovely those towels are, I wouldn't mind them myself.

Sungmin: They are made from organic materials & the dye is completely natural. I liked them so..

You: You liked them..?

Sungmin: I liked them enough for my guests! Girls likes this kind of thing, right?

You: I suppose so.

 

  He definitely bought them for himself..

 

You: It's such a hassle to resend all this. You should just use these ones.

Sungmin: True.. It would just add to my workload to have to sort this out.

 

  And with that my normal shampoo bottle was joined by his teddy bear one.. And next to my usual cup sat his floral one. After my shower, Sungmin & I stood in front of my single bed. I haven't seen him in hsi casual clothes before.. Now that Sungmin had his gear sent, he was able to change into a t-shirt after his shower. He is good looking to start off with, but seeing him after his shower makes my heart thump.. I could smell his shampoo, and it smelt good. It's nicer than the one I use..

 

Sungmin: Why are you staring at me like that?

You: Oh, oh! I was just wondering if I would have to put up with sleeping next to you again tonight!

Sungmin: I had thought to go & buy another mattress after your classes finished, but we didn't have time. There's no choice.

You; But..

Sungmin: I'm having to put up with sleeping in such a small space, you should too.

You: I shouldn't have to put up with anything in my own house..

Sungmin: If you have a problem with it you can keep standing there. I'm going to sleep.

You: Hey! That's not fair! Keep to your half!

 

  I quickly dived into the bed after him.

 

Sungmin: (your name), the lights.

You: Right.

 

  He could turn them off himself.

 

Sungmin: Good night

You: Good night

 

  He has so many cute possessions, yet he's so arrogant. It doesn't add up. We ended up sleeping with our backs touching. It's still unsettling, but easier than last night.. Whether it was because I was able to see a new side to Sungmin or not, I was able to sleep without fear.

 

That's the end of Sungmin's Secret. I'll give a sneak preview in the next chapy, okay? Do look forward to it!^^

 

Preview

  A sudden fear that comes up to me.

 

Sungmin: Cry when you wanna cry

 

  A gentle word from Sungmin.. Can I fawn on him..?