Tiffany's Sentiments

Birthday Sentiments



It was 2 hours after the clock struck 12 and SNSD unniedeul could only stare at the cake that says “Happy Birthday Joohyun” with the candle already melted out. They have prepared a birthday cake and a small gathering for their beloved maknae just in case she decided to spend the day with them. They waited patiently, even Yuri and Sooyoung who were known to be the shikshin in the group didn’t touch the food. They should have realized the chance was slim the minute they learned that CNBLUE was still in Seoul and wasn’t leaving for Beijing until the next day, same day that they were. Tiffany was the one feeling most down about it. Why so? She prepared the cake herself and organized the surprise.


Who would have thought that the maknae really stood them up again this year.


Finally, a good 20 minutes after 2 in the morning, Seohyun returned their call and all 8 girls can hear happiness in her voice when she greeted them “Hello unnie!”. Obviously, she was having fun with her nampyeon while a certain Tiffany was sulking at her wasted efforts.



Not that they weren’t happy for her, but really now? 3 years in a row was just too much. Jung Yonghwa has to learn how to share the girl with her unnies, too. Inside her mind, she was already plotting how to give a good payback for their greedy seobang. But all her semi-evil plans vanished and her heart melted a little more when they heard Seohyun say on the other line “I miss you on my birthday unniedeul, but I hope you understand, our birthdays mean a lot more than any other anniversaries. We can miss every other occasion but not this. I couldn't be with him on his birthday…this is the only time we can spend together before we all go back to our busy schedules. Mianheyo, I love you unnie. ”




Yeah. She knows. Tiffany knew how frustrating it was to have very limited time with your namja chingu. She had a harder time during the early stage of her relationship with Nickhun. It was a wonder how their maknae actually takes everything so calmly, way better than anyone in SNSD. It was like she was the most experienced when in fact, she was a newb in the relationships department. Considering the fact that she wasn’t comfortable being around boys before she met Yonghwa. They have witnessed every detail of her transformation from a plain, straight as an arrow girl to a beautiful, wise young lady, the reason behind being Jung Yong Hwa.



So how can they take away that one simple wish that she wants? Feeling guilty and a little teary eyed, she managed to joke. “Ahra ahra, just tell your nampyeon, a dinner of kalbi will do. That will compensate for him stealing you tonight, and all the other countless times. ”




“I’ll buy you the best kalbi in Seoul Fany-ah!” They heard their rival’s voice in the background and laughed when Seohyun did a “sshh” sound meant to shut Yonghwa up, followed with her small giggles.


“Ne unnie, we’ll treat you to the best meat when we celebrate my birthday together next week. See you at the airport tomorrow!”


With that they hung up.



At least this year, she broke it down to them gently. Last year was a little too harsh for the girls’ fragile hearts. She said “Unnie I have spent all my birthdays with you in the past 10 years, please please please let me spend this year with Yonghwa Oppa.



Tiffany smiled while shaking her head at the memory.



“Now we can eat right?” Sooyoung reached for a fried chicken only to have her hand be swatted by their leader.


“Yah, we should at least take a picture of the cake and the food first.”



“Right, but we have to replace the candle. Make it look pretty so I can post it on SNS.” Tiffany instructed.



That done, they said “Jal Meokkesseumnida” in unison and enjoyed the food…while at the 4th floor of a villa somewhere, a couple was busy feeding each other with the goguma cake that the guy effortfully baked just for her.




AN: Yey, so I had this idea set on since June but I was kinda too caught up with other things so I couldn't write about it then. What inspired me to work on it tonight was the numerous pics from Tiffany's birthday pool party.

Something is really fishy here. During Yoona and Sunny's birthday, there was a pic of all girls together. And now Tiffany's too. Even Seohyun posted a picture herself greeting Sunny and Tiffany. But why on her birthday there was only a picture of a cake when they were all supposed to be together preparing for the event in Beijing?? And why celebrate her birthday a week later with unnies?

Hahaha! It's really amazing how one pic that wasnt even YongSeo related can make Gogumas spazz big time. For istarirayraj and blackdragonyong who spazzed with me earlier. =) Thanks girls. Lel

There will be a part 2 for this about a BIL's Sentiments. Guess who? Hahaha
Goodnight goguchingus!