The Ballroom

In Your Eyes

As I dance around the room with many handsome boys, I notice you in the corner of my eye several times. You're watching me. I pushed the thought aside and kept on dancing. I stopped after a while for a break and I notice you're still watching me again. I smirk. Your cheeks redden. I go back to talking with my friends, then our eyes lock from across the room, and I see it in your eyes. You want me. But I'm going to play hard to get.

Ballroom dancing. Jooyeon didn't really have an interest for it, but the richest family in the city were having a party as usual, so Jooyeon decided to attend. Only for two reasons. Because her parents told her she needed to get out more to experience the world, and because the family have a very attractive daughter. Im Jinah, also known as Nana. Jooyeon wasn't like other girls, she didn't like boys. She liked girls. After a few bad relationships with a few boys she'd given up. Her parents wanted to know why she stopped. Jooyeon told them she needed a break but really she was just waiting for the right girl to come along.

Nana on the other hand loved ballroom dancing. She did it every week and was clearly the best dancer in the room. Many boys had come up to her and asked for a dance and she had accepted. She had a passion for dancing. And as for relationships, Nana had stayed out of them completely. If anyone asked her why she was never in a relationship she just said she wasn't ready.. But like Jooyeon, it was something different.. She was waiting for the right girl.

You forever taunt me with your eyes. Sometimes I don't know what to do, I try to break the eye contact but it's impossible. In the end I get up and approach you.

"Care for a dance?" I ask.

You nod and leave your group of friends and we dance together. We gaze into each other's eyes and I feel myself slipping away into a beautiful fantasy.

"So, what is your name?" You ask.

"Jooyeon.. And I already know who you are. You're Nana." I said.

You smile and nod. "I think we will get on well, Jooyeon."

We dance together late into the night and the party begins to wind down. Many of the guests have already gone but we dance on. Eventually the music stops and we collapse onto the sofa near by. You look over at me and smirk.

"Want to stay the night?" You ask. "My parents aren't here."

I nod. You lead me upstairs to your room.

"Sleep in here. The bed is big enough for both of us." You say. I see you smirk.

"Okay.." I say, then I walk over to the bed and sit.

"You aren't going to sleep in your dress, are you?" You ask, looking at me.

I shrug, looking down. "I didn't bring anything else."

"You really don't get it, do you?" You walk over to me and lift up my head and gently caress my cheek.

"..No. I don't." I say.

You lean closer and whisper in my ear. "I'm interested."

Then suddenly it all clicks together. You like me. A grin spreads across my face. "I get it now."

You pull away but I pull you back again quickly and our lips meet. We kiss passionately for a few minutes until you pull away again.

"I claim you as mine, Jooyeon." You say with a giggle.

"I'm fine with that." I say.