The Other Side

By Your Side

Two weeks had past after the break up, and Doojoon was staring at the night sky from the terrace.

 

The view is really different from Korea, America is such a lonely place without ____-ah.

 

 “I’m sorry ____-ah, I guess deserve it” he whispered while tears trail down his face, even if he keeps holding it back, it still escapes from the corners of his eyes.

 

I’ve been a jerk, I haven’t told you the truth. I didn’t cheat on you I still love you and I’ll keep loving you, you should know that. I just did it because I was leaving.  I knew if I told you that my family is moving, you might wait for me. But I won’t be coming back, and I know you’ll wait until I come back, even though it’s not possible for me to return. You’ll keep waiting and keep being hopeful that I’ll come back, and I don’t want you to do that, because I won’t be back. I love you so much ____-ah.

 

[FLASHBACK]

“I’m here, what’s so important that it couldn’t wait for tomorrow” Doojoon said as he entered the dinning room where his parents and younger sister are seated, and he took a seat, beside his sister.

“Umma has something to tell you” Doojoon’s younger sister said glumly.

“Actually, your father and I decided for our family to move to the States permanently”

“BWOH?!” Doojoon’s eyes widened “I DON’T WANT TO!” he protested

“Why?”

“It’s my last year in highschool, my best friend is here, and most especially the person I love! You can’t do this! If you want to live there go ahead, but I’M STAYING!”

“YAH! YOON DOOJOON! HOW DARE YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE TO US!” his father was furious with what he said.

“Sorry to disrespect but I don’t want to live there. I don’t want to leave important people in my life, not that you’re not important. But I won’t leave  ____ alone.” Doojoon calmly said

“She won’t be alone, she has that best friend of yours, Ki-what’s his name” his father pointed out

“Why won’t you understand my feelings for ______?” he boldly asks.

“We’re moving that’s final and everyone is coming no if’s and but’s, and I don’t want to hear another word about this. You can tell anybody about this at your school so you decide how to handle this. Don’t forget to fix your school papers tomorrow, okay”

“ye” he said defeated

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

I’m sorry for everything ____. I know I can’t be there by your side anymore, I know Kikwang will be there. I’m not cold, not to realize his feeling for you. I knew he liked you from the start you met him, but he was too slow to realize his feelings for you, and I love you so much, even if my best friend likes you. Since, we made a promise if one tells first, the other one has to give way, and I told him first. I’m sure Kikwang will take care of you and love you like he always did.

 

Doojoon went in and entered his room, he his laptop, and checked if Kikwang is online. Lucky for him and he is, even it’s early in the morning there.

DJ: Hey, it’s me the jerk. I know you’re still mad at me, but I need to tell you something important.

KW: What is it?

DJ: You need to the real story

KW: Why don’t we meet, where are you?

DJ: States.

KW: You’re in America?!?

DJ: yeah

KW: Since when??

DJ: last, last week

KW: when are you coming back?

DJ: I’m not.

KW: WHAT!?!?

DJ: yeah…

KW: WHY???WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME???

DJ: My father plans to expand his company here, and wants us to be with him. No exceptions. And saying goodbyes are not my thing, sorry.

KW: What about ____?

DJ: that’s why I broke her heart, so she wouldn’t wait for nothing

KW: PABO!

DJ: YAH! Why are you calling me stupid!

KW: Coz you should have told _____ the truth

DJ: Knowing her, she still wouldn’t give up on me, even if she knows I’m not coming back, it is better this way.

KW: Point taken

DJ: Could I ask you a favor?

KW: Uhh, sure?

DJ: Don’t tell ____ anything, okay? No matter what.

KW: okay

DJ:  and could you take care of her?

KW: I’ve always done that, that’s my profession ^^

DJ: I know, it’s because you love her, right?

KW: well, yeah…