The Past

Inseparable

Sunny’s POV:

“Ummm..HI! I’m one of your classmate. Can I join in your study group?”

He approached our group in a shy way. Huh, he’s a nerd one. But when I nod at him for my approval, he flashed his sweet smile that really caught me off guard. That’s our first meeting. We are at our fresh years in our college.

From then on, we lead our study group at attracted members and joined our study group. Sometimes, we argue on each other trying to figure out solutions in our assignments. In the end, our wits and perseverance will combine and prevail to come out for a solution. We share our worries and happy moments together in our school days. Years passed and we are inseparable……

“Hey, can you understand this writing?” I asked you one time as I copy our notes in one of our class.

“Yes I can. I know and understand  your handwriting” You simply answered .

“Really? Even I can’t read it! How could you?” I reply. And to that I have proved that we are really are close friends. We really do know each other. I’m very happy to realize that. Until one day….a simple question changes the way I feel for you.

“He’s my best friend, that’s why…isn’t he?” I told myself. But I as said it to myself thrice, my heart starts to beat fast and changes my perspective to you. I chose to distance myself but that makes me missed your presence. I feel someone is lacking in my life. So I still continue my friendship to you and hide my feelings growing for you.

We’re inseparable, right?

 

Sungmin’s POV

As I approach in their group, I waited nervously for the permission from the petite young girl wearing formal eyeglasses. She looks strict As she nods in her approval, the weight in my heart vanished in an instant. Yes, finally, I will know her better. I notice her seriousness in studies and I want to stick with this kind of person to survive college. My bonus is to see her radiant beauty everyday.

From then on, we are inseparable. From laboratory buddies, project buddies and group term papers. Name it, we are buddies. We are bonded to each other as we achieve what we want to survive college. Years passed and we are inseparable……

“Yes I can. I know and understand your handwriting.” I simply answered. I saw a genuine surprise on your face on my answer. Being inseparable means to me: I knew you better from your hasty writings and hasty calculations and decision making, I can recognize it. I can feel your sadness, disappointment and happiness. Day by day, I realize that a feeling is slowly growing in my heart. Will I tell you about it? But as I decided to tell you about this, I notice that you are slowly making a distance to me..

Is she avoiding me? Noticed already? I hope you do not, because I’m not ready to confess my feelings for you. So I continue my friendship to you hoping that one day, I can finally have the courage to tell you these things.

And I believe that we are inseparable, right?