Seeking For A Job

Forever Loving You

There was one thing that Suzy hated in life. That she hated so much, deep from the bottom of her heart. She sighed and looked down on the newspaper on her hand. Her right hand which was holding a pen was being lifted up and she crossed a column on the paper.

It was already her fifth tries on looking for a job. And none wanted her to work.

“Too pretty.”

“Too late. We just hired someone else.”

“We don’t need anyone modeling for our shop.”

“You seem too fragile; can you even hold a tray of food without falling down?”

Suzy had to calm her nerves down as so not to recklessly strangle the man who had dared to ask her that. She was most definitely not small and delicate. Heck, looking from every side, she wasn’t thin even. She wasn’t overweight too, but she couldn’t help but angry at the question just now. She didn’t bother to answer that man; she’d left immediately when she felt offended.

“Now, what else?” She murmured, squinting her eyes on the paper, carefully looking each of the column.

It was her third days at Seoul and she was looking for a job. Her parents had somehow tricked her to go there, and now she had to look for a job to feed herself. It’s not that she didn’t have enough money, but she herself know that with passing time, her money would be not enough for her.

And before that dreaded day happen, she had to make sure she has money to feed herself. Which seemingly to be difficult at this point.

She hated big city. She’d always have. It brought her insecurity and lifeless. She didn’t know which way she wouldn’t be lost or anything else. She’s basically blind here. But she had to anyway. This is what her parents had signed her for.

A college life. The one she had always tried to avoid. And now, she had to make sure she didn’t fail. Failure was not in her vocabulary. “I hate you, my dearest parents.” She muttered, looking down at the papers and circled a column.

Sighing again, she went to the next chosen place.

 

Wu Enterprises.

 

 

 

 

 

 

In this world, there were only a few things that bothered Kris. One of them was the lack of honesty from his employees. He hated when someone lied to him when he knew many things that they thought he didn’t. He wouldn’t bother people who worked divinely in their works, but those who didn’t; they irked him.

“You call me, Sir?” Kim Taeyeon, his secretary, poked her head inside his office.

She was probably the only person he’d trust. He’d known her for years now, and she was very dedicated in her job, which gave plus points to her, and he really liked her. Not in a way Romeo and Juliet did, but he felt a bit comforted with her. She was like an older sister—that’s it. He had talked too much.

It’s never great to talk much.

“Yes.” Kris answered with a firm tone, one of his hand gestured her to come inside.

“Is there something wrong, Sir?” She asked, one eyebrow raised questioningly.

“I checked our accounting book for last month, and I found some weird things.”

“Which section?” She asked, eyes alert and aware.

“Gambling section. The investment I’d put inside was decreasing drastically. Do you probably know why?” Kris asked, eyes sharp and hard.

“I’m not sure, Sir. I had never given you anything to sign about the gambling section except for one that to let you invest money there.”

“Exactly.” Kris said. “I want you to call Manager Kim and told him to face me.” He said with gritted teeth. “And I want you to get Luhan here immediately.”

“Yes Sir!”

 

 

 

 

“THANK YOU VERY MUCH!” Suzy’s loud voice startled the woman who had just accepted her to work at the enterprises. “I will never forget your kindness, Miss…”

“Kim.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Yes, Miss Kim.” Suzy nodded gratefully.  “I would not disappoint you, Miss.”

“I hope so too.” Taeyeon smiled. “You can start tomorrow.”

Suzy nodded and smiled for the last time before bidding goodbye, leaving the building with ease heart. She finally found a small job. Without a college C.V, it was impossible for her to work as someone higher, and cleaning job was definitely better than anything else. And it’s not like she didn’t clean at home… although, yeah, it was nearly never she did once.

But oh well, she can learn while she clean tomorrow. It’s never late for anything anyway.

On the other hand, Kris had just done confronting Manager Kim about his suspicion on him corrupting his money which he had invested on the gambling section. Manager Kim had somehow calmly explained that he didn’t know anything about that incident, and asked for forgiveness of his carelessness.

“I will make sure to check everything again so you wouldn’t be losing any money again.” Manager Kim said sincerely. “I am very sorry for my lack of ability to protect your money from such thing. I’ll find who had corrupted your money and brought him to you.”

Kris didn’t believe a word that came out from his mouth. But because he couldn’t face Manager Kim, he decided to call it off that day.

“Tired, huh?” Luhan asked with a glint of teasing in his eyes.

Luhan was his cousin, and was taking care of the fashion and entertainment industries. They did great job together and had the best teamwork that lead them until here.

“I hate liars.” Was Kris’ only reply.

“Tsk. You dictator.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

Kris chuckled and went into the elevator. “Do you want to have lunch together?”

Luhan shook his head. “Oh please. Since when do I need you to accompany me to eat? I have a date by the way, which…”

Kris immediately closed the door by pressing the close button. He let out an amuse smile as he thought of his playboy cousin. Always messing with girls and have them at their best happiness just to throw them away on the hard ground.

What a damn man he was.

He took a long stride out from his company, and waited for the valet boy to drive back his car. He went inside his grey sport car and drove away; without realizing he had passed by a wide puddle and splashed a pedestrian.

Suzy was just jumping around out of happiness when an expensive car passed by her and sprinted on the puddle, ending her with drenched and dirtied clothes. Her eyes grew wide and anger flared in her brown eyes. “WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Like a mad cow, she ran to the car; although knowing she could never chase it.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the first chapter! Hope you like it! :)))))))