Miracle - Jungshin

Miracle - Jungshin

"Hey jagi, are you about ready?" Jungshin called as he buttoned up his collared shirt. Emerging out of the closet you leaned against the dresser as you tried to catch your breath. He walked over to you gently wrapping his arms around you but above your bulged stomach. “You feeling ok today?"

"Y-yeah fine I guess" You said patting his arms, “We better go if we want to be there on time" He nodded his head gently as he threaded his fingers through yours as you followed him out. The van met you outside as the manager took you to the set of the variety show that you were going to be participating in. You rested your chin in your hand as you watched the outside pass you by so fast. Closing your eyes a cramp came as you bent over a little. His hand rested on your thigh gently massaging it as you sat back up right.

"You know you don’t have to do this if you aren’t feeling well" He looked into your eyes as you saw the concern behind them for you and the little one.

"I know. I will do this for you though cause it is important to you and your career" You rubbed your hand over his as the van came to a stop, he planted a kiss to your temple as the door open and the cameras flash, his hand held yours firmly as he exited the van to face the wave of reporters. Parting your way you followed Jungshin into the building. Walking back into a room the makeup noonas were ready for you and him. She put on a little more makeup on you then moved to Jungshin. When both of you were ready he took your hand again and followed the other couples. Lining up as the show started.

"Welcome to Cute Couples! I am your host Minhyun and this is Joonhyun. We will be putting these couples through some challenges today so lets meet them" Minhyun walks over to the beginning couples. Another pain came from your stomach as you rubbed your stomach kindly trying to keep in your whimpers, clamping your strength on his hand, his thumb gently rubbed over the back of your hand as he watched the other couples before you introduce themselves.

"Hello, I am Lee Jungshin and this is my wife Lee _______" Joonhyun stopped and informed the audience.

"Lee ______ is due any time now, we are so glad that you both could make it" He bowed to both of you as you returned the bow, moving onto the next couple. Once they finished all of the couples they started to introduce the event that you would be doing.

"We will be doing a mothering event" They had the helpers come out and hand plastic babies to the guys. “You will have to change the baby as soon as possible then bring it to the ladies so that they can rock the baby to sleep" With the explanation over, the bell rang as the guys rushed to put on the clothes. You were pretty confident, since you had gone to his mom’s house to help you prepare, you smiled couldn’t help but thinking in a couple days that you would be doing this for real. Jungshin ran over to you as you wrapped it in a blanket and rocked it to sleep. Success.

"Looks like we have a winner, with the parents-to-be" Everyone clapped as you both hugged each other. “Now we will have a fathering event. You have to throw a ball five times back and forth and then kick a ball into the goal." With the balls quickly set up the ladies started, throwing the balls back and forth with their guy partners, you had one lady in front of you. With one swift kick you hurdled your foot towards the ball as you watched it fly through the air. Blurriness overtook you as you felt yourself fall limp. 

— Jungshin’s POV —

I saw her kick the ball with ease as the smile on her face disappeared as the ball hit the back of the net. I watched her as her hand pressed up against her forehead and the other hand went around her stomach. I stood up from my chair as she fell in slow motion right before my eyes. Rushing to her side, I took her head into my hand as her eyes clenched tighter after every moment, her body curled into a ball as soft whimpers escaped her lips. I froze, I didn’t know what to do. What was wrong? Is there something with the baby? I looked around at the frozen faces around me.

"Get me an ambulance!" I yelled out of pure fright for her and the baby. Within a few minutes medical personal surrounded her and I was shut out as the men moved around her carefully, placing her on a back board. Medical chatter commenced as they inserted monitors and fluids on and in you. I was scared like I never have been before. A man got up and walked up to me.

"When is she due?" He asked folding his arm checking over his shoulder periodically

"Any day" I couldn’t look at anything else but you, choking out one question "Is she going to be ok?"

"We will have to take her in" His hand rested on my shoulder as all I could do was nod. “Mover her!" He ordered as the two other men lifted you up. I ran to your side holding your hand as they pushed you into the ambulance. I sat in there with you, holding your hand begging for you and the baby not to leave me. The lights and sirens blared ahead warning your emergency to all that were around.  The ride came to an end when they arrived at the hospital. Carrying you onto a gurney, the wheeled you down the long hall that seem to never end. People pushed me out of the way as they shared your information. I tried to follow them knowing that you wanted and needed me. The doors held me back as they pushed you through to an authorized area.

Standing at the doors just made me think, think what was happening to you and the baby that I couldn’t be in there with you. Walking over to the wall, I slid down to the reflective floor as my arms rested on my curled up knees. The shock began to fade as the tears cut down my face. Seconds turned into minutes as minutes turned into hours. Nobody came out to see me there was no commotion it was deadly quiet. Until a man in blue green clothes came walking out, pulling down his mask.

"Are you Mr. Lee?" He doctor said as I stood up quickly meeting his eye. “Your wife…" He paused and I knew that something was wrong, “Your wife isn’t doing very well. We haven’t been able to deliver the baby, but the baby’s heart rate is dropping dangerously. If it gets worse we are going to have to get the baby out. But we have no idea if either of them are going to live" The devastating news hung in the air as if her string and the baby’s was about to be cut. Tears filled your eyes once more. “We are trying our best, we will keep you updated" With that statement the doctor left. Leaving me all alone again.

Pictures and memories flowed within my mind as I waited for any news, but I hoped that it would be good. Checking my phone for the time, I watched a few more hours tick away. The doctor returned as my heart beat faster with his approach.

"How are they?" I asked as he once again removed his mask

"We had to take the baby out manually but you wife is the one that we are most worried about, your baby has been handed over to the baby doctors and they will take good care of your baby there. Your baby is in a better condition than your wife but they both are still in the balance. Be patient" The doctor left as you ran after him grabbing his shoulder turning him around.

"Can I see her? Can I see my wife?" I begged as fresh, warm tears ran down my cheeks. Moving back over to you he hissed a little.

"I will be honest with you." He took a breath as my eyes widened, “This might be your last time to see her" Hanging your head down low you agreed and followed him to the curtained room, with too many machines to count that beeped simultaneously to try and keep you alive. Taking your side I took your hand and kissed your cheek. Sitting beside your bed I traced every tube going in and out of you with my eyes. I gently rubbed your stomach where our child laid for nine months, brushed your sweat soaked hair with my fingers as I broke. Seeing you so weak, feeling how cold your body was becoming was almost too much for me.

"I need you here. Please don’t leave; I can’t take care of the baby on my own. I need you. The band needs you. They always smiled when you were the one bringing us water and towels. You looked beautiful every single night that I came home to you when you were sleeping or awake. I always wanted to thank you for being with me but my words always seemed to fail. Ever since we got married, nothing else mattered but you. Now I need you more than ever. Please don’t leave me" Lowering my head onto your hand I waited for the end. The once low and erratic beeps began to become more rhythmic as your heat came back to me.

— Your POV —

Raising my hand I ran my fingers through his hair as his warm tears began to fill my hand. I looked at his hunched over body as his voice mumbled some more words. With my touch he raised his head as a smile came onto his face. He petted your head as he kissed your lips gently. Your hand moved down to your baby as you closed your eyes and sighed heavily.

”_______, they had to take out the baby or you both were going to die" Jongshin informed you, “You were about to leave me as well. I shouldn’t have made you go on that show" He hissed ing his shirt so that his white tank top was visible.

"I love you" Your weak and quiet voice managed to say as your body felt exhausted at the three words. He looked at you once again.

"I love you too" Staying by your side you began to fall asleep with your hand in his. The doctor came in to see you but you were asleep. Jungshin gently woke you as you saw the doctor there.

"Mr and Mrs Lee. Miracles are everywhere, make your time together special" With a smile they wheeled in a little glass crib next to Jungshin. “I would like to present your miracle baby girl" Her fingers moved gently as Jungshin let go of your hand to pick his little girl up and bring her over so that you could see. Your finger fit into your hand as tears started to form in your eyes. Jungshin took your hand as he held both of his miracles that day.