Operation: Appa's Birthday Gift (1)

The Adventures of Soma & Mari~

 

 Two angels peacefully sleeping in bed, hugging each other close. Soma and Mari both have their own beds, but they liked to share, especially since the weather has gotten colder. The two slowly wake up, still snuggled under their thick blanket, yawning and stretching. 
 
  Mari looks around at the toys scattered about the floor and spots her favorite stuffed bunny laying limply on a small chair. She smiles, throwing the covers off and slides down the side on the mattress, doing a sleepy wobble over and snatching the stuffed animal up in her arms, hugging tight. 
 
"Mari~ Come on~" Soma calls for her at the door as he does every morning, he doesn't ever leave the room without her. She rushes over and he opens the door, taking his hand as they walk out. 
 
  They face the long, narrow hallway; it was gonna be a long journey to the living room, but the two brave it every day. They start down in a rush along the soft carpet and finally stop at the edge, peering around the corner. 
 
"Do you have a performance tonight?" their mom asked, looking up at their dad from her cooking. 
 
"Neh~ But it's a small one, so I should be home pretty early" their dad smiled, hugging her from behind, "are the babies still asleep?" 
 
  The two finally walked out from their hiding place behind the wall, taking that as their que to make themselves visible. 
 
"Appa!" they both shout in unison, rushing up to him and hugging his legs, giggling. He smiled down at them, chuckling a little. 
 
"Good morning Soma, Mari. Did you sleep well?" he lifted Mari up, resting her on his hip and takes Soma by the hand, leading them to the table. 
 
"Neh~" they said in the typical unison that twins speak in. He sat them down in their chairs and kissed their heads lightly before going to make their plates. 
 
"Appa seems extra happy today" Soma stated in the infant gibberish that only babies can understand. 
 
"Neh~ I wonder what is happening" Mari nodded in agreement. Both of their faces suddenly light up at the sight of the food on their plates as their dad places them on the table.  
 
"I'll see you guys later" he kissed their heads again, along with their older sister Mika's, and their aunt Minji's as well before giving their mom a peck on the lips and heading out. 
 
"Bye Appa!" all the kids said in their respective ways. 
 
  Their mom comes over with a big smile on her face," Do you all know what day it is?" 
 
"Neh! It's Appa's birthday! their aunt chimed out. 
 
"Correct! Haha So, what do you think we should do?" she started planning with the older two girls because, as everyone thinks,  two year olds like Soma and Mari don't know what's going on half the time. 
 
But we're all wrong, in fact, two year olds are well aware of their surroundings and the goings on in the world. They just don't care for them too much; they'd rather play with their toys and get warms hugs instead. 
 
  The two youngest members looked at each other and smiled. 
 
"Appa's birthday!" Soma said enthusiastically. 
 
"What should we do for him?" Mari questioned, putting on her invisible thinking cap. 
 
"Well, last year our gift was us stopping that silly habit of calling him "Not Umma" in our language. That really made him happy. But, I think we need to step it up some" Soma stated. 
 
"Neh...Maybe he would like to use my crayons to color on his paper with lines and dots" Mari was speaking of Yonghwa's music sheets, but she wouldn't know what those were called for a few more years. 
 
  "That's very nice of you, Mari, but I don't think Appa would want to use up all of your crayons" Soma patted her head gently, Mari letting out a small smile," Maybe we can find something in our room, come on" they both hopped down from their seats and quietly snuck back to their room to start their planning for operation: Appa's Birthday Gift. 
 
⊂((・x・))⊃@(・●・)@((o(*゚▽゚*)o))
 
I literally thought this up as I was writing it (I tend to do that a lot >.<) But I hope you like it! I've always wanted to write in a toddlers point of view and what better opportunity than this? :D anyway, thanks for reading and for the people who have already subscribed!