Final

Gray Paper

 

"Good job, Kyu! I bet many ELF loved your idea!" Ryeowook exclaimed and patted Kyuhyun's back. 
 
"Thanks," Kyuhyun smiled. Do you want to call him now? Or later?" 
 
"Let's call him now!" Ryeowook said, a little bit too excited. 
 
"Okay. " Kyuhyun said and took his phone out, dialing Yesung. It was right after Super Show 5 Tokyo, and of course, the most unforgettable moment was when they had performed a special stage, 'Gray Paper' just for Yesung, with VCRs of him singing and performing. It was one of the most, if not, the most emotional performance of the night, definitely. 
 
"Hyung!" Kyuhyun and Ryeowook shouted at the same time right after the line got through. 
 
"Hey. How's the concert?" Yesung asked, his voice sounding hoarse. "Are you guys doing fine?"
 
"Yes," Kyuhyun replied, feeling odd about why Yesung sounded this way. "Hyung, do you know about it already?"
 
"Yeah.. yeah. I know. Thank you Kyu. Thank you so much. Is Wookie next to you? Please help me to thank him too. " Yesung replied as quickly as he could, as if he's rushing to finish his sentence. 
 
Kyuhyun listened to his hyung's voice, so hoarse and cracking. He could not avoid those little sniffles that were too, coming out. 
 
"Ryeowook," Kyuhyun whispered. "Listen." 
 
Ryeowook also could not deny that the sniffles was definitely from his Yesung hyung. 
 
"Hyung, are you alright?" Ryeowook asked, feeling worried about his hyung, wondering if he felt lonely back in Korea. 
 
"I'm.. I'm fine. " Yesung replied, trying to act as if nothing's wrong, when he was obviously crying. 
 
"Hyung, are you crying?" Kyuhyun decided to just be straightforward. 
 
"No.. no. I'm fine. Really. " Yesung then said, "I'm just.. thankful. "
 
Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, then asked, "What for?" 
 
"For everything. " And that was when Yesung broke down, sobbing as he talked. 
 
"I-I dont e-even have words," He paused to catch his breath. "I can't e-express how t-thankful i am, for you, for Ryeowook, for Super Junior, for ELF. F-for planning this beautiful idea, and making it a surprise for me. Thank you so much." 
 
Kyuhyun stared into space as he tried to take everything that had happened in. Did his hyung, who rarely cries, broke down on the phone with him? Did it all happen because of one simple idea that he had thought of? As he was thinking, tears unknowingly dropped down his face too. 
 
"K-Kyu? Oh god," Ryeowook said as he looked at Kyuhyun's face. "Kyu, god. You're such a baby. " Ryeowook then proceeded to get some tissues for Kyuhyun. However, Kyuhyun could only respond by hugging Ryeowook, passing the phone to Ryeowook after he was done, then taking the tissues to wipe his tears with the help of Ryeowook but it wasn't enough as it wouldn't stop flowing. 
 
"Hyung? Kyu is crying. Can I call you back later?" Ryeowook asked as he was busy wiping Kyuhyun's tears away. 
 
"Yes sure. And Ryeowook," Yesung paused for a bit. "Take good care of Kyu and the other members, and take care of yourself too, okay? And thank you. So much." Before Ryeowook could talk, Yesung hung up already. 
 
Ryeowook turned his attention back to Kyuhyun, who's eyes had turned red and swollen from crying. 
 
"God, Kyu. You're making me want to cry too. " Ryeowook sighed. 
 
"It's all hyung's fault! He cried first! It's all him! It wasn't my choice!" Kyuhyun retorted.
 
Ryeowook could only shake his head and smile at Kyuhyun's child-like behavior. 
 
"Let's work harder for a better performance for Yesung hyung tomorrow, okay Kyu?" 
 
There was silence before a quiet reply, almost like a whisper, came. 
 
"I'll make sure that he cries harder than he did today."
 
----
 
I am so thankful for Kyuhyun and Ryeowook for performing Gray Paper that I just had to write this T_T ❤