a good day

Forget Our Memories

 


----Haejin----

 

It was only an hour ago when I received a call from the boss itself that I was needed in his office. When I arrived in Dream entertainments office, it surprised me that not only Sooman and JYP were there but Minho was also there.

 

I could only guess that they've caught on, but it seemed that Minho told them our current status. If I was given the chance, I would have glared at him. I wasn't ready to tell the bosses of our current relationship. Apparently, he was thinking the opposite.

 

Since there was no point in hiding the truth, I made myself comfortable and sat beside him. Without conscious thought, he took my hand and linked our fingers.

 

Every time he does that, my heart would go erratic making me feel all gooey inside.  I shook my head in an attempt to clear my head. His action almost made me forget the real reason why we were both here.

 

"It is a given that this information should not reach the ears of your fans." Sooman told us firmly.

 

Like children, we nodded immediately. Even though the years have mellowed Sooman, there was still this air of authority that scares his artist whenever he uses that certain tone in his voice.

 

"It was hard to decide but with Minho's suddenly declaration a couple of days ago" JYP stepped in and looked at Minho with a raised brow. "We knew that this was the best choice."

 

The air was especially tense. I was nervous of what they decided of my future and their reaction to Minho's announcement to our relationship. I couldn't look at him, afraid that if I did, I would here the worst news of my life.

 

JYP and Sooman eyed each other before Sooman finally spoke and told us their decision. "We decided to let Skye's contract continue, but with a few conditions."

 

My heart soared. I was prepared to be dropped but there was no better feeling than to hear that I'll still be able to pursue my dream. I don't have to be afraid and feel guilty. My face broke into a grin while I felt tears fall.

 

"Thank you." I choked out. "Thank you so much"

 

From the way they smiled, they were happy to make that decision.

 

I wanted to scream and hugged them but I don't think that would be proper.
 

"Does this mean that we're free to date?!" Minho's tone went high-pitched, looking hopeful. I couldn't help but laugh through my tears. He was excited and I got caught in it. He sounded like he really wanted to be publicly acknowledged with me. In some way it touched me but I still have my fears.

 

"Do you think they would take it kindly if we tell them that Nichkhun was just a publicity stunt? No. They will ruin her and any news about her won't be trusted anymore. Do you really want that?"

Sooman as always said it finality.

I looked at Minho saw him looking crestfallen. He looked like he wanted to protest or something but with Sooman's words, I think he couldn't form the words.
 

JYP shook his head and sighed. "Just like Sooman said, there would be conditions and one of them is protecting Skye's current image." He looked at Minho straight in the eyes with the words that sounded harsher than it should have. "That means no Minho. We can't let your relationship out in the public."

 

It was nothing I didn't expect but a move Lee Sooman and JYP would do.

 

I didn't like seeing Minho's face look so heartbroken but I see the sense on their decisions. It wasn't just my career at stake but income and jobs as well. I am still a product being sold to the public. Things aren't easy as 1, 2, and 3.

 

I squeezed Minho's hand in comfort. At the moment, I'm content with how things are.

 

"For goodness sakes kid! I didn't say that you should break up!" JYP added in exasperation. It looked like he wasn't comfortable seeing Minho like that. Personally, I thought he was used to it since he had dealt with numerous trainees before.

Sooman sighed once again and took the opportunity to explain it to his talent. "You can date her but you still have to look at it in the public's perspective. She's currently involved with Nichkhun. It wouldn't look good on her image if she's suddenly seen to be hanging out around you too much."

 

"Just do it behind closed doors." Sooman added patiently. "You've done it before Minho."

 

"Its okay." I assured him with a touch on his arm. I completely understand what they were trying to say. Plus, I was still wasn't ready for that kind of commitment. It was still early for me. For me, it's better this way. At least we could still see each other.

 

"Think about it boy, if you tell the world now, all your fans and hers will condemn your relationship. Whatever you have with her won't survive that kind of reaction. Don't waste all the years you spent training and her sacrifices be all for naught." JYP added.

 

"And don't forget that when you want to go out, bring friends."

They both reminded before they ended the meeting to attend to other duties.

Sooman and JYP left first while I stayed behind with Minho. Somehow the situation with my contract didn't seem the biggest concern in the meeting. When I come to think about it, the whole thing was hilarious. I was worried and nervous for nothing.

I started to giggle and later on became a full-blown laugh. Minho, who was beside me, frowned. "What's funny?"

"You are." I pointed a finger at him while I kept on laughing, unable to find the strength in me to stop. It was not Minho's expression that I found funny but the situation we ended up being part of. It should have been my career that was the biggest concern but Minho's desire to get public with me became the highlight of the meeting. Other people will think it wasn't even remotely funny but I couldn't care less because it was funny to me.

I saw Minho's reaction to my laugh. He,too, didn't think it was funny. He was a little red and that meant he was either embarrassed or angry. I sincerely hope it was the former. The thought sobered me enough to stop laughing.

He crossed his arms in front of his chest and narrowed his eyes at me. "Weird girl." He turned his head away from my direction.

I was sure that Minho was more embarrassed than angry. It must be bad of me of think of him in this situation as cute but that was how I see him.

A silly grin formed on my mouth. I pressed my palms on his cheeks and gently forced him to look at me. He didn't fight from my hold and instead, he waited for what I was going to do.

"You're weird girl." I said to him with a silly grin before pressing a light peck on his lips.

His cheeks grew warmer. I could feel the warmth on my palms.

It was the cutest thing.

Minho chuckled and tried to look away but I wasn't having it. I released his face and wrapped my arms around him, wanting to show how much I am thankful and how much I love him.

He didn't speak for a long time and I let the silence stretch around us. He reciprocated with his arms wrapped around my body. The distance between us disappeared and we were pressed closer to each other. I savored the silence with him close to me.
 

"How does it feel?" He asked in a whisper. I could feel his breath on my neck.
 

I wasn't sure what he was asking particularly about. How does it feel to simply be me again? How does it feel to continue as a singer? Or how does it feel to be free of the lies and truly live?

For all those things, I only have one answer.

I wrapped my arms tighter around him and smiled. "Happy. Truly."


Life is good.