Love is Worth It

BABYSITTING?!?!

 

*Ring Ring* "Hello, Tikara speaking" I answered brightly, bouncing my tennis ball off the wall in front of me. "Hello, I'm interested in employing your services for the weekend" a man stated. "Excuse me?" I questioned, not sure what he was referring to. I hope this isn't some geotos who happened to randomly select my number from the phone book. Strangely, it's happened before... Lets just say that was an awkward conversation about his... preferences in women. "Isn't this the number for Tikara's Babysitting Service?" Spazzing out in my chair, I lost control of my tennis ball and it smacked me in this face. Rubbing my nose in pain, I answered the caller, "Oh! Yes, yes it is" I said excitedly, forgetting momentarily about my pain, in order to grab some writing utensils, "How may I help you?" "I have to go on a business this weekend, so I need someone to supervise my son. He's not capable of being on his own without getting into trouble. I'm willing to pay quite a sum for your services, 'cause I have a feeling after dealing with him, you'll need to be reimbursed for emotional stress" he joked. "I'll take the job!" I happily shouted, causing the man to chuckle at my over zealous attitude. Leaning on my desk, I began jotting down all the information he spouted to me. When our conversation was over, I hung up and jumped up to do a happy dance. "I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!!" I squealed while throwing myself on my bed. Kicking my feet over excitedly, I continued to screech  until my little brother ran in. "What's going on?" he yelled worriedly, "It's sounds like your being attacked in here!" "I'm just happy! I got my first job!!" "Oh, he must have been desperate" my brother teased, sticking his tongue out at me. "Shut up you little dweeb!" I snickered as I threw my pillow at him. He laughed hysterically and ran away, slamming my door shut behind him. *Sigh* I can't wait 'til this weekend. I'm going to be staying at a rich person's gone for the first time. I wonder what the house will look like... I already packed my clothes and grabbed some games I hope the little dude will enjoy playing. I'm gonna have a lot of fun babysitting! Then again, the child I'm watching could turn out to be a little monster. I haven't really heard anything positive about the boy I'm watching. What if he's a little mouthy kid? I had those kinds! They're extremely annoying and I always have to refrain from smacking them in their smart little mouths. *Gasp* What if there isn't even a midget to watch? What if these guys are just trying to lure me in so they can kidnap me, and sell my organs to the black market? NO! Stop thinking like that Tikara! I'm sure everything will be fine and this weekend will be easy going... Besides, think about your car. With the amount I'm getting paid for this job, the car is mine!! 
 
 
 
*Knock Knock* I shifted awkwardly outside, waiting for someone to answer the door. Gah! I can't believe I'm actually here!! There's nothing that could ruin this day... "Oh hello, you must be Tikara" a middle aged woman said as she opened the door. "Yes" I answered and bowed, smiling kindly at the lady. "Please come in, the master has already left and his son is upstairs. Now that you're here, I need to leave too." "Master?" "Yes, I'm a maid, so the owner of this establishment is my master" she explained with a smirk. "Oh, well I won't keep you any longer. I'll just head up and introduce myself to the little squirt upstairs, have a nice day m'am" I bowed again and then made my way to the stairs. Just before the door shut, I heard the maid mutter "Squirt?" under her breath. Hmm, i wonder what that was about? Skipping happily upstairs, I began looking around for my little bundle of joy. The man had informed me his name is Eli, but forgot to mention how old he was. I'm guessing he's around 8 by the way the boss was talking about him, but he could be a little older or younger. "Eli! Where are you? Come out and say hello to your babysitter!" I cooed, trying to lure the boy out with my friendly tone. After hearing no movement, I started calling out to him again. "Eli! Ellliiiii!!! Hey El-" "Would you stop shouting my name?" a sleep ladened voice said from behind me. Quickly turning, I found a half- man standing behind me, ruffling his hair in annoyance as he stared at me with hooded eyes. "Huh? Who're you?" I asked in confusion, wondering what this man was doing here. "Umm, I'm Eli" he stated, looking at me as if I had just escaped from a loony bin. "Woah, woah, wait a minute. You're the kid I have to watch?" I yelped while pointing an accusing finger at him. "That's right sweet thing" he smirked slyly, "I'm all yours this weekend." Bwoh? I can't watch this guy! What man needs to be babysat? But I can't leave 'cause then I won't get paid. No pay means goodbye car. "Why exactly do you have to be watched?" I asked Eli, 'cause seriously, this guy looks old enough to be living on his own. "I like to throw parties and my dad doesn't want the house to get trashed while he's gone. I was originally against the idea, but now, I'm all good. You're hot, so it's all cool" he chuckled while moving into my personal bubble space. "Ew" I mumbled while scrunching my nose in disgust. This guy is laying the flirt on so thick, I can feel myself suffocating. "Not interested" I stated and turned my back on him to head downstairs. Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me against a solid chest, "Aw come on. There's no way you could resist this" he whispered in my ear as he trailed a finger down my side. "Geotos!" I screeched while elbowing him in the gut and then dashing into the room next to me for safety. Quickly slamming and locking the door, I took a calming breath and listened for movement outside. I heard Eli stand up and move towards the door, "Ooh, feisty aren't we? I like! It's such a turn on." *Shudder* I... I think I just threw up in my mouth. Checking to make sure the door was fully locked, I made my way further into the room I now call sanctuary. It's a pretty low key room, bed in one corner and a desk in the other, but it has a great view. Right outside the window I could see a pond surrounded by weeping willows. They're my favorite tree! Moving closer to have a better look of the landscape, a face suddenly dropped into my view from above. "Hello cutie!" Eli winked at me as he flipped onto the balcony right in front of me. "AHHHH!" I screamed, turning to run, but didn't succeed in getting far due to my clumsiness. I ended up tripping over a bean bag and face planted onto the floor. *Groan* Why do I always injure my nose? Momentarily forgetting about the geotos on the balcony, I rubbed my aching nose, hoping to relieve some of the pain. "Aw, you should be more careful. Don't wanna damage that pretty face, now do we?" Eli teased while nuzzling his nose against my cheek. "What's wrong with you?" I roared as I turned to push him away, "Are you normally like this?" "Just when I see smokin' ladies like yourself" he stated, sending me a wink that made me shudder. "Oh, so your a player. Well then you DEFINITELY better keep your distance. I don't like guys of your kind" I hissed as I stormed out of the room. "You can't run forever sweet thing! Although, it does give me an incredible view of your behind" he shouted, still in the room. *Gasp* What a OHAEHADA!!! I'm just gonna stay downstairs and avoid him, 'cause its avoidance or death. Eli's death...
                
                             -That Evening-
 
*Yawn* I'm exhausted! In my attempt to avoid Eli, I cleaned the entire downstairs area to spotless perfection. Actually, it wasn't an attempt it was a success. I haven't seen that psycho in HOURS. I usually hate cleaning, but it totally beats having to see HIS face. I guarantee if I had stayed in his presence earlier for even a few more seconds, I would've been thrown in jail for murder. I suppose since he hasn't shown signs of life in a while, he's probably sleeping. Should be safe for me to head up and catch some shut-eye... Shuffling tiredly up the stairs, I made my way to the bedroom I had called sanctuary for a brief period of time. Checking to make sure Mr. Geotos wasn't around, I sighed in relief when I found no other signs of life besides myself. Quickly locking the bedroom and balcony doors, I then walked to the bed. Plopping onto my stomach, I felt sleep instantly overtake me. 
 
 
 
 
            *Giggle* "That tickles" I stated, drifting between the dream world and reality. "Does it Babe? Sorry, I'll try to make it more pleasurable" Eli whispered in my ear. "Hmm...." I mumbled, turning onto my side to get away from the heat. It's so warm! A tickling sensation started up on my neck, and I swung my hand up to itch the spot. What my fingers met with was skin that was not my own. What the-... Prying my tired eyes open, I turned my head toward the source of heat to see Eli staring down at me. "AAAAHHHHH!!" I screeched, moving to get away from him, but held back by his arm wrapped around my waist. "Where do you think YOUR going?" Eli smirked slyly as he turned me around completely to face him. "I'm trying to get away from you geotos!" Pathetically pushing against his chest, I struggled to put some distance between us, but he just pulled me in closer. Eventually we were pressed up against each other, faces only inches apart. "W-W-What are you d-doing?" I stuttered nervously as I saw his face coming into uncharted territories. "Nothing" he murmured and then closed the distance between us, violating my lips. At first I froze up in shock, but when my mind came to, Eli was on the ground writhing in pain. "Why would you kick me there?! How am I suppose to father your children?" Snorting in disgust, I stormed out of the room, heading to the kitchen for food. "Stupid e... who does he think he is... death to the player" I muttered under my breath, while making a sandwich. (That's right, I'm eating a sandwich for breakfast!) Now, where's the peanut butter... Bending down, I shuffled through the contents of the cupboards, looking for the creamy deliciousness to put on my bread. "Yah!" I screeched as I felt someone, who could I only assume was Eli, grabbed my . "You have a nice backside. Round and firm" he said with a wink as he walked past me to the refrigerator. Eyelid twitching in annoyance, I journeyed I to the livingroom. Maybe if I watch a movie, I can force myself to ignore his existence. Yes!!!! They own Smurfs 2!! Quickly popping the movie in, I made myself comfy on the couch. "Hey Hot Stuff, can I watch with you? I promise no inappropriate touching" he said with a wink. *Sigh* "Fine" I agreed, knowing it's better to give in then argue at times like these. I have a feeling that if I try to ignore him, he'll be a e to get attention. Shuffling over a bit, I made space for the obnoxious blond. "Thanks!" He piped, happily sitting beside me. 
    
 
               Throughout the movie, Eli was actually really fun to be around. I was able to have a decent conversation with him, no funny business occurring. It made me realize, he's actually really handsome... "That movie was epic! So worth sitting down to watch, and being with you made it better" he said, a genuine smile aimed my way. I could feel my heart flutter at his comment and my face grew red in embarrassment. What going on? He's messing with my mind! This new charming side of him is completely throwing me off. "So.... Would you like to maybe... Take a walk with me?" he asked, looking down while scuffing his feet in nervousness. Heart starting to race, I agreed readily. Instantly his face lit up and he latched into my hand, pulling me towards the front door. Unable to resist this new cute side of him, I just silently followed. Slowly we made our way down the sidewalk, hands laced together. Eli was talking up a storm, but I didn't really hear what was said. I was too busy gawking at our interlaced hands, questioning why my body was heating up from the act. I should be disgusted with the physical contact, not fascinated!! I mean, he's a ert! "Look out!" I heard Eli shout, and the next thing I knew, I was flat on my back with him perched on top of me. "Get your mind out of the clouds! You could've been run over if I hadn't pulled you back onto the sidewalk!" he yelled, worry laced through his voice, as we both stood up. "I-I'm sorry" I mumbled while turning my eyes from his worried ones. "Let's head back to the house, you've had enough excitement for one day" he cooed while patting my head. Slowly we walked back down the street, and this time I payed close attention to my surroundings. Another near-death experience is not needed today. Arriving back to the house in one piece seemed like an accomplishment since my mind really wanted to wander to thoughts of Eli. It's amazing how only hours ago I was disgusted with the guy and now I can't stop thinking about how handsome he is... And he has such a beautiful smile... And that wonderful laugh...And such warm, smooth hands... AISH, I'm going CRAZY!! Only one more day, I can make it 'til tomorrow. Why does the thought of tomorrow being the end hurt so much?
 
 
 
 
"Your father just called and said he'll be arriving shortly" I announced to Eli as I hung up the phone. "Really? So that means this is it. You'll be leaving, continuing your Eli-less existence. How will you live without seeing this everyday?" he grinned while gesturing down his body. Well, here's the ert I've come to know... and love. Thinking about it last night, I realized I was doomed the minute I walked through the door. As soon as I saw Eli, it was love at first sight. The heart knew instantly, it just took some time for the brain to come around. Now, I have to leave here with my feelings locked deep inside, 'cause the chances of him returning those feelings are slim. He seems more like a player than the type to commit. "I'm sure ill survive" I responded sarcastically. "Hehe, but in all seriousness, I'm going to miss you. These last two days have been really fun! I'm really sorry of I annoyed you in anyway, but I tend to act like that around really pretty ladies" he practically purred, while stepping closer to me. "W-What are y-you doing?" I stuttered nervously, while backing away until I hit the wall. "What? Don't tell me you were going to leave without a goodbye kiss?" he pouted, now standing inches away from me. "Can I tell you something?" he asked as he leaned towards my beating red face. "I Love you" he stated and then connected his lips with mine. At the sound of those three words, I felt my heart soar and I kissed him back. *Clearing throat* "I see you two are getting along" a voice said from behind us. Quickly moving away from Eli in embarrassment, I looked up to find his dad in the doorway. "Glad to see my choice in female is appreciated" he said with a sly smile. "What are you talking about?" I asked incredulously, quickly throwing a glance at an equally confused Eli. "I wanted to help Eli out with his love life. He never leaves the house, so he has no contact with females. You seemed like a nice girl with good values and you were around his age. My business trip and his unwillingness to listen to rules seemed like the perfect excuse to get you two together." This was all part of a scheme? I wasn't actually employed by him to babysit, but to become Eli's... love interest? Well that's a weird twist to my life. Even though I feel used, I'm kinda happy he plotted this all. "You know Dad, although it pains me to say this, thanks. Without your help, I wouldn't have been able to meet such an amazing person and the love of my life." Aww!!!! Such a sweetheart! Leaning up, I gave Eli a peck on the cheek. "Well, shall I you home, sweet cheeks?" Eli asked as he patted my backside. "ELI!" I screeched, throwing a glare at his chuckling father. What have I gotten myself into? I suppose I should say goodbye to normal life... But it's totally worth it. 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, that was one of the stupidest things I've ever written in my life. I'm just gonna go bash my head into the wall and cry about the fact that, THAT mushy mumbo jumbo just came from my mind T~T