( Chunjoe special )

Together forever

Don't mind the typos...

_______________________________

 

It has been three weeks since Chanhee and Byunghun broke up. At school, Chanhee asked to change Art teacher as he didn't want to be in the same class as Byunghun and avoided to see his ex boyfriend, and it kind of worked. But he didn't know that the younger was actually looking secretly at him.
Sometimes, Chanhee would lock himself in his room, cry his heart out and even cut his wrist to make the pain go away. His friends, Jonghyun, told him to stop but the other couldn't. It became his daily routine.

Ricky, Chanhee's best friend told him that if he wanted to move on, he had to make a change in his life. And that's what he did. During the week-end, he dyed his hair black and went to shop new clothes (he only asked long sleeves as he wanted to hide his cuts) with the help of Sungyeol and Daniel.
But well, he personally thought that it didn't make a difference. He was still suffering inside, crying everyday and struggling to forget the man who torn his heart in two.
Ricky noticed it and suggested the older to have a part-time job, and that's what he did. He was hired as a coffee maker and waiter in a café near the central park. Ricky was right, he managed not to think about Byunghun and he concentrated more on his work.
But one day after school hours, while Chanhee was cleaning the counter, a customer came in. Automatically, he looked at the persons who entered, smiling to greet them but it soon faded.

Byunghun was standing before him with a girl, holding hands and giggling like two high school girls in those sassy movies.

Chanhee felt a lump in his throat. His co-worker, Yukwon, noticed the sudden change and rushed to ask what was wrong.
As Byunghun and his girlfriend went to their table, Chanhee suddenly turn around and put his hands on his face, trying to hold back the tears. Yukwon tried to see his face, but the younger let out a sob and ran out of the café, his co-worker yelling his name.
"Chanhee ! Wait !"

After hearing that name, Byunghun turned his head, looking around if Chanhee was there.

Yukwon was able to catch Chanhee, asked what was wrong. The younger couldn't talk, he sobbed and sobbed until no more tears came out. He didn't want to tell what happened to Yukwon, but only said, "Let's go back."

When they entered the café, Yukwon told his co-worker to have a pause in the staff room and Chanhee nodded. His eyes were red and puffy from crying too much.

When Chanhee's shift was done, he went back home and locked himself in his room, again.
The cuts became deeper and longer, he barely ate and became skinny, he cried every night. He couldn't move on, he didn't know why.

He graduated two months later with high grades. At the ceremony, he saw Byunghun. Their eyes met, and Chanhee's heart jumped when it happened. He quickly looked away and shook his head to forget what just happen.
The following day at night, he went to a bar and got drunk, he smoked and let random men touch him. It was the only way for him to forget about Byunghun and it went like that for several days, until Jonghyun found out and stopped him.


A slap came across his face as he said something he thought would never come from his mouth.
" !" She yelled and stomped away.
It was their 3 months anniversary and Byunghun confessed his ual orientation to his girlfriend when they were having diner in one of the most expensive restaurant in Seoul.
After he saw Chanhee at the café, his heart made a jump and he didn't know why. The way Chanhee's eyes showed that he cried made him feel guilty and sad. He started to miss the other, the way he smiled at him, the way he said his name, his scent, his lips... Everything.
When he learned that Chanhee wasn't well, he tried to call him several times but in vain, his phone was disconnected and he desactivated his Facebook account. The only way to talk to him was to go knock at his door. But Chanhee's parents would always say the same thing, "Chanhee is out."

One morning, Byunghun decided to go to where he and Chanhee met and shared their first kiss. 

It was at the beach, Chanhee was looking desperately for his dog and it happened that Byunghun found it. They went to sit on the cliff, talking about likes and dislikes and it was a coincidence when they leaned that they attended the same school.


When Byunghun reached the cliff, he was surprised to see Chanhee there, his back was facing the younger.
"Chanhee..." he whispered.
Chanhee stiffened at the voice, the voice he knew too well. Without wasting time, he stood up and walked past Byunghun without looking at him.
"No wait!" The younger yelled and grabbed his wrist, which made Chanhee hiss in pain. Byunghun raised an eyebrow and pulled up the older's sleeve and widened his eyes when he saw several ugly scars all over his arm. Some were still fresh and still bleeding.
"Why did you do this?!" He half yelled.
Chanhee freed his wrist and quickly covered his scars.
"Why? You are asking me why?!" He wanted Byunghun to know how much he is suffering, how he made his life hell.
"You are the cause of this! The times when you said that you loved me were all lies! I wanted my first boyfriend to be someone special, I was convinced that you were the one, I let you manipulate me, I gave you everything, you hear? EVERYTHING!" He couldn't hold it anymore, he let tears rolling on his cheeks, one by one and raised his voice. Byunghun felt a pang in his heart when Chanhee started crying.
"Chanhee, plea—"
"Do you know how hard I tried to get you out of my life? When I was able to do so, YOU JUST APPEARED WITH YOUR ING GIRLFRIEND. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!"
Byunghun whimpered at the sudden change of voice. Feeling more guilty, he took a step forward, raising his hand to wipe the tears on his ex-boyfriend's cheek but the other slapped the hand away and took a step back.
"What do you want this time? Are you going to break me once again?..."
"N-No, I don't. Please, listen to me!"
Chanhee turned around and started to walk away, wiping his tears that didn't stop. Then, Byunghun ran to him and turned him around, and crashed his lips on the older's . But too bad, Chanhee pushed the other and slapped him before walking away from him.
Byunghun put a hand on his burning cheek, watching Chanhee walking away.
"I LOVE YOU!" He yelled, wanting the other to know his feelings.
Chanhee stopped his track, he turned around and let more tears out.
"I hate you.." He said before running back home.

 

48 hours, 26 minutes and 36 seconds. Byunghun still remembered the tears, the sadness in his eyes and the cuts on his wrists. Chanhee was broken and it was his fault for being stupid and an . He had to do something.
He grabbed his jacket and headed to the front door where he put on his shoes before telling his mother that he was going out. He walked to Chanhee's house and knocked at the door. His mother opened and smiled sadly at him before saying the same sentence for the past weeks, "Chanhee is out."
"It's okay, I'll wait for him." Byunghun said and sat on the ground, waiting.
Chanhee's mother looked at him, she hesitated before letting him in.
"Chanhee is still locked in his room..." she said before resuming what she was doing before he came.
Byunghun used the stairs to go to Chanhee's room. He then remembered that the older gave him a spare key of his room, which he always kept in his wallet. How lucky he was, he took the key and unlocked the door before going in the room.
The smell of alcohol and smoke came to his nostrils. Chanhee was on the bed sleeping in boxer and plain t-shirt which revealed his scarred arms. Byunghun approached, looked around and found several empty bottles of alcohol. He felt bad, really bad. He sat at the edge of the bed, waiting for Chanhee to wake up.

An hour after, Chanhee finally opened his eyes. He let out a groan and put his hand on his throbbing head. He sat up and froze when he saw Byunghun looking at him.
"What are you doing here?" Chanhee growled and got out of bed.
Byunghun stood up and walked to him, "I want to tell you something..."
The brunette stayed silent, making steps back until he hit the wall and the younger trapped him in between his arms.
"Chanhee, I'm so sorry for what I did. I regret, I want you back! I shouldn't have tell you those horrible thing at that party... When I was with this girl, I missed you. I missed your smile, your pouty lips and your presence around me... Do you know how guilty I feel after Jonghyun told me how broken you were? Please, give me a second chance, and I promise that I won't leave you. Because I love you—"
Chanhee fell on his knees and started to sob. He saw hope in Byunghun's eyes and this made him tear up. The other kneed in front of him and pulled up his chin, looking at Chanhee's teary eyes.
"Please?" He asked.
The brunette nodded and Byunghun couldn't help but smile. He closed his eyes and leaned to kiss Chanhee, who answered back.

 


____________________________

I had to do it because yup, Chunjoe is life.