Tear Stained Couch

Of Dreams and Heartbreak

{Unedited}
-Please forgive me if you find any typo's-

 

Heechul POV

 

I was lying on the couch, crying, in the middle of the night without anybody to hear me or comfort me. I didn't want them to. It was probably my own fault that he left anyway, I didn't deserve him, I don't want my members to feel bad for me because of something that I did, or, to be more precise, what I caused.

So I sat there, day and night, barely eating and with no proper rest. Whenever I went to sleep I would dream of him, his smile, his voice, everything about him would just drive me crazy, so I would just avoid sleeping altogether, causing my eyes to grow numerous dark rings around them, making them look almost soulless.

But I hardly cared. I have never felt so broken down and empty in my life. So broken, I could hardly breathe or think without tears pouring out of my eyes and staining my already streaked face. I cried so hard I swear my tears were leaving tracks on my face that would forever remind me of my eternal pain and sorrow.

The couch had dark spots where stray tears had fallen and it made me feel slightly worse because the other members wouldn't want to sit in a couch littered with tears of someone who deserved to cry and be miserable. Because that's what I deserved for neglecting my best friend and not appreciating him for what he has done for me.

I deserved the pain

I continued to sob and cry when I heard a small knock at the door. Who could be knocking at this hour? I didn't want to burden my members anymore then they had been already, what with my constant negligence and refusal of their help, so I stood up from the tear stained couch and staggered to the door.

I hadn't stood up in quite a while. I only stood to go to the washroom, which was just a mere 10 steps from my little space of solitude, so I stumbled a few times over my weakened legs. But eventually, I made it to the door. I held out a shaking hand and clutched the doorknob tight before slowly turning it.

The hallway lights seeped through the crack I had made and I squinted at the sudden brightness. I took a few steps back and clasped my hands over my sensitive eyes, allowing the person at the other side of the door to walk in freely. The few steps backward I took sent me back to the couch and I almost fell over hitting the backrest.

It took a minute for my eyes to finally adjust to the brightness but when they did I blinked a few times and focused my attention to the silhouette standing in front of the door.

"Y-yah..who's there?" I coughed out roughly, not speaking much since he left.

"Chul.." That voice..It couldn't be. Was it?

"Geng?" I asked, desperation evident in my voice. All I needed right now, all that could pull me out from this desperation and pain I was feeling, was him.

"You sound horrible, " He sounded worried, and concerned. But he didn't exactly answer my question. "I'm so sorry"

He was sorry? For what? He did nothing wrong. It was me that wronged him and that didn't fight alongside him during his hardest times. I should be the one who's sorry, not him.

"Sorry for what? You did nothing" I whispered hoarsely. I could think of no possible reason that he, of all people, should be sorry.

"I left you when you were at your weakest. Without even a mere goodbye." He looked down at the fluffy carpet. I could think of so many more statements to counter that but I just realised, he was back. I ignored his obvious attempt to say sorry again and glomped him. I rested all my weight all him and he staggered backwards before slowly putting his arms around me.

"Your back!" I sobbed into his neck as he started to rub my back. He buried his face in my dirty hair and held onto me tighter.

"I had to. I couldn't live without you" I could feel him smile into my hair. I looked up and saw the smile I had missed so much these few weeks.

"But, you just left" I questioned him, burying my face back into his warm chest and breathing in his scent. It's not that I wanted him to leave again. It's just that it had only been a few, unmistakably painful, weeks. If he was just going to come back then he shouldn't have left. He shouldn't have left me to drown in my agony.

"But I'm back now Chul, that's all that matters. Isn't it?" I thought about what he said. I guess he was right, that was all that matteres; at least for now it was.

I inwardly smiled and pulled my face out of his chest to gaze upon that one face that I would so willingly die for, the face that I knew I would never be able to smile wthout; the face of someone who had truly, and wholly, captured my heart. And I was sure that he wasn't about to give it back.

I inched my face closer to his and with every second, I could feel the space between our lips thin until we were but a breath apart. I twitched the corners of my mouth into one last, small, smile and finally rid of whatever space there had been between his face and mine.

Then, before I could truly feel happy, what I truly feared, but almost knew would happen, happened..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up..