See You When it Rains...

See You When it Rains...

 

***

 

"I hate rain" Hyukkie said as he watch the rain outside the window. He doesn't like rain that much because he can't play outside when it's raining. It's summer but it's raining really hard. Hyukkie sighs as he keeps on looking at the droplets of rain in the window.

"Baby, I will go to work now. Don't forget to lock the door, okay?  And don't talk to strangers." Said his mommy who is now getting ready for work and leave his 10 year old son alone in the house. (because Hyukkie said it's alright to leave him for he's a big boy already.)

"Yes mommy" Answered little Hyukkie. And soon his mother left. Hyukkie was still starring outside the window. he was wondering when will the rain stop. He can't wait to go outside and play.

He was about to walk away from the window when suddenly, Hyukkie saw a little boy walking outside. Hyukkie wondered who he was and why didn't this boy bring any umbrella. The little boy saw him watching and show his lovely smile as he wave his hand to Hyukkie, signaling him to follow. Hyukkie quickly run inside his room and change his clothes. He put on some boots and wear his raincoat. He runs toward the door but stops as he suddenly remember what his mommy told him.

"Don't talk to strangers"

"But he must be friendly, he even smile and wave at me." Said Hyukkie in his head.

He quickly open the door and run outside. He remember the little boy do not have any protection against the rain, so he rush back inside and get his little red umbrella.

Hyukkie run so fast to catch up with the little boy but he can't find him anywhere. So he run to the nearest playground wishing he would see the little boy there. Well, his thoughts didn't disappoint him. The little boy was really there sitting in the swing, smiling at him. He walks towards the little boy.

"Why are you here?" Asked Hyukkie as he stand in front of the little boy.

"Because I want to play"

"You can't play here, see? it's raining"

"It's okay, I love rain"

"Ohh, okay, but you'll need this. You'll catch a cold if you don't use this." He reach his little red umbrella to the little boy.
 

"I don't need that, don't worry I will not catch a cold." After saying it,  the little boy suddenly sneeze.

"See? i told you." They both laugh so hard.

Then, they decided to play together. They played different types of games until they get tired of it. Hyukkie was really happy meeting his new friend and secretly wish this day will not end.  After a while, the rain starts to stop. Hyukkie look at the sky as it slowly turns bright. He look at the boy and smile. 

"Hey, the rain already stop." He said while looking at the little boy. Now, he can clearly see the little boy's face and he must admit the boy is handsome. Hyukkie suddenly blush after seeing it. The little boy look at the sky.

"You're right. Well, it's time for me to go." Hyukkie suddenly felt sad. He don't want him to go.

"Why?" He asked.

"The rain already stop and I can't stay here any longer. They will get mad." He points his fingers into the sky. Hyukkie  got confused and look to where the little boy is pointing.

"They? Who? Why up there?" He have so many questions. He can't understand why the boy points above the sky.

"I live there. They only let me go down here when it's raining."

"So you mean, you're not from here?"

"Yes, you can say that."

"But..." Hyukkie can't find his words. He don't know what to say.

"It's okay. Hey, can you tell me your name?" Asked the little boy while smiling at him.

"Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae but you can call me Hyukkie."

"Nice to meet you Hyukkie. My name is Donghae, you can call me Hae." Hyukkie smile after knowing his name.

"Well, It's time." Hae starts to fade. Hyukkie's tears started to form and it falls as he saw Hae slowly fading away. He can't help it, knowing that they will not see each other again.

"Don't cry, we can always see each other again" Hae suddenly said as if he knows what Hyukkie is thinking. Hyukkie felt happy after hearing it and wipe his tears. He smile while looking at Hae.

"See you again when it rains...Hyukkie"
 
Hae completely fades away after saying those words. Hyukkie look above the sky.

"I will be waiting...Hae"

Now Hyukkie learns to love rain, because when it rains, he can see Donghae again.