Some Good Chemistry

It All Started With Green Tea Latte

"No way! I'll never fall in love with...a guy, you must be joking Sehun-ah!" a laugh was plastered over Kai's face, masking the tiny bit of worry beneath that Kai thought Sehun might--actually be at the tiniest bit--correct. Sehun shrugged and shuddered a little, disturbed by the mental images of two guys...making out with each other. 

 

Kai lay on his lush white bed, thinking about what Sehun had said. Sehun couldn't have said that without any reason...and he did actually feel something when he first saw Taemin. But falling in love with a guy?! That was impossible, something Kai had never thought about. It would be so weird...Kai shook his head, trying to get the thoughts out of his mind. Kai hopped out of the room, deciding that it was time to wash up and turn in for the night. Things would probably turn out fine. 

 

The next day, it was D-5 to Exo's first comeback stage. After another intensive practice session, Kai immediately dashed off after packing up. He didn't even bother saying bye to any of the members. It was very late and Kai wanted to catch Taemin before his shift ended. For some strange reason Kai couldn't decipher as well, Kai couldn't wait to meet and talk to Taemin again. He wanted to get to know Taemin more...

 

"Hello! Is Taemin still around?" Kai burst into the coffeehouse which was once again quite empty, noticing that the same waiter was on duty. Kai smiled as it meant that Taemin should still be on duty as well. 

 

The waiter nodded, raising his eyebrows a little, curious why the same customer was looking for the barista again. Not waiting for the waiter to bring him into the back, Kai made his way to the area where Taemin worked. 

 

"Hello! I'm here! See, I didn't break my promise keke" Kai said proudly to Taemin who was currently at work brewing some americano.  Taemin turned from his work, facing Kai. He broke into a smile, saying, "I'm glad you made it, I was hoping you would come." Kai beamed at Taemin's words. 

 

As Taemin started showing Kai the secrets of making good green tea latte, the two started chatting happily and they clicked really well. From favourite food to favourite movies, they seemed like they were friends for a long time and had endless things to talk about.

 

"Oh you're a dancer? Wow, I really admire people who can dance well!" Taemin commented cheerily. Kai smiled shyly at the compliment, cheeks tinted red. "Okay, you have to pour the latte this way," Taemin continued as he placed Kai's hands on the jug and his own on top of Kai's. Taemin took a step back, now standing behind Kai as his soft hands covered Kai's more muscular ones. Their long fingers coincidentally intertwined, filling the empty spaces between each others' hands. Upon feeling Taemin's soft yet warm touch, Kai's face flushed red. Kai immediately looked down to the floor, heart beating unusually fast. Not knowing what to do, Kai just followed Taemin's expert, guiding hands. 

                                                                                                          ***

“Alright, we’ll stop here for tonight! Luckily there weren’t many customers around tonight so I could teach you more, come back again tomorrow? I could use the company as well, you’re a really nice boy!” Taemin beamed at their newfound friendship. Kai nodded, promising to be back the next night.

 

Taemin packed up for the night with Kai helping him, as a form of 'payment' for the lesson. Being the last staff around, Taemin proceeded to turn off all the lights and locked the doors for the night. As they were about to leave the coffeehouse, Taemin suddenly whirled around in the dark night, under the star-lit sky to swiftly place a small peck on Kai's cheek before whispering a goodbye to Kai. Like that, Taemin just disappeared into the streets. 

 

Before Kai could react, Taemin was gone. Kai stood near the coffeehouse, trying to understand what just happened. As Taemin left, he was sure he caught something that resembled a smirk playing on the edge of Taemin's lips. Were his eyes playing tricks on him? Or not? What was the kiss for? Just an act of gratitude? Or something more? Kai couldn't understand many of the things that happened to him in the past two days. Kai tried to make sense of everything, but just couldn't. Could Sehun actually be right from the start? Was it actually...love? Kai wasn't sure what it was that he was feeling. Biting his lower lip deep in thought, he figured he should probably make his way to the dorms first in case anyone was worried. 

 

{A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I promise the next one will be longer! :) Anyway, really hope you liked it!!}