Accessory

Accessory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Youngjae-ya,

You know that gray mask I often wear right? I love that mask very much. I feel very happy everytime I wear it. But in the end, it’s just and accessory. I’m not less human if I don’t wear it, neither am I less my complete self.

You’re curious why I’m telling that to you right? Because I’m trying to tell you that you’re like that mask too. You make me happy when you’re by my sidebut I’m fine without you. I can live just fine without you. And I know you will be fine too.

I wish you the very best at the rest of your life. I really wish...

Happy birthday and...goodbye.

-Your Daehyun that was

never really yours.

(P.S: I left my gray mask with you, it’s under your pillow.)"

                                                 

 

Was that it? Was he really going to leave like that? Without saying a proper goodbye? Going just like that, leaving behind just a piece of paper? On top of that, on his birthday? On his damn ing BIRTHDAY?!

“That was really the best present I’ve ever received.” he muttered, trying to hold in the tears that were very persistent in going out. But despite all his efforts, a tear fell. A tear that made the strong wall he built around him collapse.

He fell on the floor, the letter that Daehyun left still in his hands. He was looking at it, his vision blurry from all the tears.

“Why..?” he sobbed. “Why...”

He really didn’t know. Weren’t they all lovey-dovey just yesterday? Weren’t they laughing happily at each other’s weird expressions just yesterday? Didn’t they cuddle with each other in their shared bed just last night?

Their bed...

The term he would never be able to use ever again...

How was he going to live now? After all those years living together with Daehyun, he had forgotten how to live alone. He was sure he wouldn’t even survive one day without him. He was always by his side for all these five years they were together.

“What do I do now, you ing bastard?!” he shouted, shedding tears now because of anger. “What do I do, huh? You came into my life, forced your way through the walls I built around myself, you were the only one who was able to do that, and now you’re going? Leaving behind just a ing letter?!”

His voice cracked while saying the last sentence. He jumped up, tearing down the letter he was still holding strongly with his two hands.

“Fine! Go!” his voice cracked again. “I will live happily without you!”

He wiped away his tears with his sleeve and took a deep breath as if he wasn’t breathing this whole time.

“It is time to start a new life.” he said to himself, tears reappearing at the corner of his eyes.

“It is not the time to crawl into a corner and cry like a baby.” he wiped his tears.

“You’re still strong, like you were five years ago. That damn bastard didn’t change that part of you.” he closed his eyes and strongly in and exhaled.

Then he looked down at himself, he was still in his pajamas, the one Daehyun had bought for him in his last birthday. He shook his head, not approving of them. He was going to get rid of every single thing related to Daehyun, he was going to erase all the traces he had left in his life.

“If you forgot me this easily, then I’m going to forget you too...”he said clenching his teeth.

Sure, he was heartbroken. Sure, that was a big shock to him. Sure, he still loved Daehyun. But he wasn’t weak, he wouldn’t let himself be weak.

“You will see,” he picked up the pieces of the letter from the floor. “I will go on without you.”

 

~*~*~

 

“But why..?” Daehyun clung onto Himchan’s arm.

His boyfriend he had been dating for three years was breaking up with him and without even giving a proper reason.

“I just lost interest in you.”the older shrugged, his voice was as cold as the ice inside the coffee he was holding.

“What the..?” Daehyun let out a sad chuckle. “That’s just a joke right Channie?”

“I’m sorry, but no. It’s not a joke. You knew that from the very beginning. That I’m not interested in who are younger than me, that I was just going out with you because I was bored and moneyless. Now that I have enough money and entertainment in my life, I don’t need you.” Himchan replied, a cruel smile on his lips.

Before Daehyun could say anything, before he could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter