Their Drawing

Their Love Story

 

It’s only her 3rd day at Soshi School for Girls and Tiffany feels like she can’t take it anymore. She’s absolutely sure that she will get crazy if she stays here for several hours more.

A roommate who’s the reason of the bags below her eyes, a B.I.T.C.H squad of girls that loves to remind her of how a loser she is and the whole student body who always gives her the ‘look’ whenever she pass by.

Those are the things that Tiffany was dealing with in her everyday life here in SSG and it’s only the 3RD DAY!!!

The 3RD DAY!!!

Ugh!

Tiffany stopped in front of the school cafeteria; her shoulder sagged as if she’s carrying all the problems of the world. Even her books she’s too lazy to put in her locker seems so heavy in her arm.

She glanced at the other students walking toward the cafeteria with fellow classmates by their side, chatting and giggling about everything.

While here she is… no friends, no somebody!

What a sad life.

 

 

She feels lonely.

 

 

“Hey! Move your lessy out of the way!”

Tiffany jumped and automatically moved at the side. She turned to the sneering face of one of her tormentors and also the leader of the B.I.T.C.H squad, Hana.

The 3 followers on her side only giggled.

But Hana is not done yet; she took a step closer to Tiffany, still sneering.

“Give us a favor, lesbo, and take your out of this school before you infected us with. . .”

 

“What’s going on here?”

That ice cold voice made them turn; only for them to froze on their spot. And from the looks of it, even the few students who managed to gather around them earlier also felt the effect  only the Student Council President could possess.

 

Jessica Jung

 

The emotionless, living goddess of Soshi School for Girls

Admired and feared at the same time by all the students.

And one of the reasons Tiffany could still bear attending this school.

 

Because Tiffany Hwang has a crush on the SC President – a girl SC President.

 

So yeah, what Hana said is actually true that she’s indeed a lesbian, or rather, a biual.

And that’s the main reason why she transferred school.

 

“I said, what is going on here?” Jessica pressed as no one answer her. She actually heard Hana’s words when she was about to pass by them. And what she heard made her boiling inside, instantly. That’s why she stopped on her tracks and questioned them.

Tiffany saw as Hana gulped when Jessica gave her ‘the look’ colder and icier than her voice.

 “N-nothing” Hana stammered.

The President was about to open to say something when someone called her name.

“Jessica!”

They both turned to the voice of the Student Council Vice President who is running towards them.

Tiffany swore she heard Jessica huffed uncharacteristically.

“Oh finally, I found you” Seohyun said as she catch her breath, Jessica only rolled her eyes. “We have emergency meeting and you’re the only one we’re waiting there.”

“But I have to go somewhere” Jessica almost said in a whine voice.

That piqued Tiffany’s interest. Where is she going to that seems so important? She asked in her thought.

Seohyun sighed. “It will only take few minutes, promise.”

Jessica glanced at her wristwatch then looked back at her vice president with a resignation visible on her face. “Fine. Come on.” She said then started to walk away, completely forgotten her interrogation to them. Seohyun only followed her quickly.

Tiffany curiously watched the retreating back of the blonde beauty.

Even her back is beautiful she thought.

Before she knew it, Tiffany could only yelp as someone suddenly pushed her.

She landed hard on her . She grimaced at the pain she felt.

“Serves you right.” She looked up at the pissed off face of Hana. “Watch your back if I were you. I AM not done yet!” with that, Hana, together with her followers, walked out from the scene.

No one bothered to help her as the other students just walked passed her.

She instantly felt the tears about to escape her eyes. But she held it, they don’t deserve her tears.

Completely forgetting her initial plan to have her lunch inside the cafeteria, Tiffany stood up and run as far as her feet could carry her.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany stopped somewhere she’s not familiar with. She put her right hand against the old tree to support her body as she catch her ragged breath.

As her breath evened out her mind cleared up also. And the thought that she couldn’t grasp ever since she transferred here came back to her mind.

Why her parents transferred her to an ALL-GIRLS high school?

Of all the co-ed schools here in Korea why in an ALL-GIRLS school?

Seriously?

Why?

She doesn’t know if her parents were just being supportive or they’re just still in denial that they actually have 3 boys instead of 2 boys and 1 girl.

“Ugh!” Tiffany uttered frustratingly.

”Stupid parents! Stupid school! Stupid people! . . .Stupid world!” she angrily enumerated as she kicked the old tree in front of her. But unfortunately, her last kick was way too hard and she instantly felt the pang of pain on her foot that run through her legs.

“OUCH!” she exclaimed as she fell first on the ground for the second time today.

Tears instantly pricked her eyes because of the mixed emotion she’s feeling inside: pain, frustrations, confusion, loneliness and anger.

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” she said as she wiped her eyes. “And now, I’m talking to myself. I’m really stupid!”

Someone chuckled.

Tiffany froze as she heard that and whipped her head to find where that sound came from.

When she found no one, she asked loudly. “Who’s there?”

But she was only answered by another sound of soft laughter.

Confused, Tiffany stood up; her pain miraculously gone . She brushed away the dirt on her pink skirt and took a step towards the path she was sure she heard the sound came from.

When she passed another big old tree, her breath instantly hitched upon seeing who’s there.

There,  sitting on the grassy ground with the back resting against the white back wall of a building, knees bent at front with the arms propped against one knee and the side of the face resting on the open palm – was a girl.

And it’s not just an ordinary girl . . . it’s a BEAUTIFUL girl.

With a long shiny brown hair and a bangs that thankfully didn’t cover the big expressive brown eyes of the owner.

Those eyes that regard her with such kindness and gentleness and a hint of amusement swirling on them

Tiffany felt like she wants to burst in happiness because it’s the first time - ever since she came out as a biual - someone looked at her like it’s ‘alright’, Though she’s sure that this someone doesn’t know it yet, but still.

The girl’s lips curved into a smile.

Tiffany’s heart starts to beat rapidly. She felt the heat on her cheeks.

 

“Hi there, stupid” the girl suddenly said.

And Tiffany’s hope of finally having a potential friend completely broke down.

 

“W-what?”

 

But the girl only let out a loud laugh.

Even though the brown haired girl clearly insulted her just earlier, Tiffany can’t help but to admire the sound of her laughter. It’s like the sound of the bells in the fairytale movies she watched when she was a child.

It’s beautiful.

Eventually, the girl’s laughter died down then looked back at her again.

“I’m sorry but isn’t that what you called yourself earlier? That you’re ‘stupid’?”

Tiffany looked down at her feet, feeling embarrassed as she understands what the girl’s meant.

She’s 100 percent sure that her face is all red at the moment.

“n-no, that’s not w-what I-” Tiffany tried to explain but cut herself off when she heard the girl chuckled again.

“I know, I know” the girl said with a hint of amusement in her voice. “I’m just kidding you know.”

Tiffany only nodded still not meeting the girl’s eyes.

 

There’s silence

 

Then

 

“Why won’t you sit here with me?” the girl offered.

Tiffany couldn’t stop herself but to look back at the girl again.

 

Black eyes meet brown.

 

“You seem lonely.”

 

Tiffany’s breath hitched

 

And she instantly felt the forming lamp in . Her eyes slowly clouded by tears.

 

Finally

 

 

Someone noticed.

 

 

 

Someone cares.

 

 

 

The girl smiled sadly when she saw the other girl’s tears.

 

“come here.” She called again.

 

Tiffany swallowed the lamp in and wiped the tears that escaped from her eyes. She then started to walk timidly towards the girl.

When she was already in front of the girl, a drawing on the white wall instantly caught her attention.

The girl – noticed that – turned to see what she’s looking at; only to chuckle again when she saw what it is.

“What do you think about that?” the girl asked, amusedly.

Tiffany turned to her. “huh?”

The brown haired girl pointed the drawing. “That. Be honest, okay.”

Tiffany turned back again to the drawing, eager to answer the girl with her most honest opinion.

The drawing was a boy and a girl – well, at least based from the hair. It’s a stick figure so she can’t tell much. Anyway, the supposedly boy has a short brown hair wearing a blue shirt and grey pants while the girl with a long blonde curly hair was wearing a pink dress. They’re also holding an umbrella with –what seems like - flowery design.

“It’s awful” she blurted out.

The girl let out a loud laugh.

Tiffany only bit her lower lip then decided to take a seat beside the girl.

She copied the position of the girl. She also rested her back against the wall but she didn’t bend her knees in front of her, instead, she let it laid flat on the warm grass. She closed her eyes, suddenly feeling sleepy.

“Hey, don’t sleep on me”

Tiffany instantly opened her eyes only to be welcomed by the amused face of the girl. She blushed right away.

“Sorry” she whispered.

The girl only smiled then turned away from her to get something on her side. That’s when tiffany noticed the empty wrappers of chips and bread and also an empty container of food on the other side of the girl. It looks like a group of students just dumped their garbage there.

The girl turned to her again “Here, take this”

Tiffany looked at the girl’s hand where a piece of chocolate candy is.

“I would offer you a much decent food but I already ate all of them” she said sheepishly as she referring to the garbage at her side.

Tiffany was shocked wanting to know how she managed to eat all of that but she just shut and took the candy that was being offered.

She opened it and put in , letting it to melt while savoring the taste of it.

 

It’s sweet.

 

So sweet

 

Tiffany smiled

 

 

So is the girl.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, what is your name?” the girl asked.

“Tiffany Hwang.”

“hmm, can I call you Fany?”

Blushed “w-why?”

“because you’re funny, Fany” chuckled

Gulped. “Okay.” Fidget.

“I’m Choi Sooyoung, if you want to know.” Amused

Silence

“Thank you”

Chuckled “then, thank you too”

Confused. “why?”

Looked down, “I was actually waiting for someone here. But I guess she won’t come . . . again . . . and since you’re here. I’m not lonely anymore.” Looked back at her, smiling.

 

Blushed

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the two girls talk, a figure hiding behind a tree was silently watching them. Jealousy’s pumping in her chest. She clenched her fist then took a step away from them, unnoticed.

 

 

“What’s that?” the short brown haired girl asked between her laughter, referring to the stick figures the blonde haired girl drew on the wall.

The blonde haired girl pouted because her drawing is being laugh at, but she answered anyway.

 

She pointed first the stick figure on the left.

 

“That’s you”

 

 Then to the right

 

 “That’s me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“that’s us”