Want U Back

Want U Back

Chanyong was hard at work preparing the table, placing wine glasses and plates all at their respective places. He wanted to make sure everything would be perfect for the event he had planned for that night. He took out the ring that he bought for Minwoo and smiled. Picking up his phone, he texted his boyfriend.

 

To: Dear

Come back early tonight, I’ve got a big surprise for you! :)

 

Just then, the doorbell rang. He rushed to open the door. The cake had arrived! The delivery girl handed the box to him and requested for his signature on the invoice. She took a step forward and slipped on a banana peel and fell into Chanyong’s arms! Needless to say, the cake was smashed and the girl and Chanyong’s clothes were smeared with chocolate icing.

 

“Damn it! This is my most expensive shirt!” he wanted to scream at the girl but being the gentleman he is, instead, offered for her to use the bathroom. Once she was out of sight, he sat down on the chair in frustration and peeled off his soiled shirt.

 

Minwoo was on his way home from work and when he saw Chanyong, he was delighted. His boyfriend was sitting at the table with hot food waiting for him. He smiled happily at him but his smile faltered when he saw another girl walking out of the bathroom with only a towel covering her body. He looked at Chanyong and the latter just smiled sheepishly back at him. No wonder he was only wearing pants! Minwoo threw his keys at his boyfriend, no, ex-boyfriend as tears flowed from his eyes.

 

“So this was the surprise you were talking about? You jerk!” Without another word, heartbroken Minwoo ran away from the house. Chanyong tried to chase him but he was already far gone.

 

He went back into the house only to find that the delivery girl had left a note for him to “not give up on him.” But no matter how many times he had tried to call Minwoo, the latter had always ignored them.

 

“That cheater! He still has the guts to call me? I’ll ignore! Ignore!” Minwoo thought angrily as he pressed the reject button.

 

He called some of his friends to ask for ideas and one of them seemed pretty good. Tempting Minwoo with cake. He browsed around on the Internet and decided to bake an ordinary strawberry shortcake. Carefully mixing the batter and keeping a vigilant watch on the cake in the oven, he finally baked one that wouldn’t kill his boyfriend! Neatly placing fresh strawberry halves in between the layers and icing the cake in pretty white icing. He decided to pipe a sweet pastel pink heart on top of it too. Minwoo most definitely couldn’t resist this. Right?

 

Chanyong took a picture of the cake and sent it to Minwoo. The latter scoffed at it and ignored the message while the former was waiting anxiously for a reply. Any reply, even vulgarities would be good at that moment, as long as Minwoo stopped ignoring him. About half a day passed and still no reply from his beloved. Chanyong decided to take more action. He called all of his friends over and treated them to the cake as he explained his plan. For once, he thought that he has some pretty awesome friends!

 

The next morning, Minwoo walked into his favourite coffee shop and ordered his normal caramel macchiato. Seeing this as a perfect chance Jonghwan, the boss and Chanyong’s friend, decided to take the order. After he finished making the coffee, he wrote on the paper cup. “You’ve misunderstood Chanyong!” Minwoo saw this and looked incredulously at Jonghwan and left.

 

While walking to work, Minwoo was stopped by 1 guy, holding a sign that said, “You’ve misunderstood Chanyong!” He rolled his eyes at them and brushed them off. Throughout the short walk, another 2 more people ran in front of him only to flash the exact same sign at him.

 

The mastermind, Chanyong, was busy with his best friend finding places where he could take a picture message that would say, “Will you marry me?”. Changbum pointed out, “there!” and both of them rushed over to the different places to snap pictures. They spent a lot of time taking the perfect photos, Changbum was the expert in selcas and he supervised, because he refused to have Chanyong send potentially ugly photos to Minwoo.

 

In his small cubicle, Minwoo’s phone rang and he sighed. Another message from Chanyong, he opened the attachment and it turned out to be a collage of 4 pictures. The accompanying message was “Go to the rooftop.” Without hesitation, he flew to the rooftop and looked down; Chanyong was standing on the grass with candles forming a heart around him. He was holding a sign that said, “Marry me?” He waved at him and signaled for Minwoo to go downstairs.

 

Chanyong dropped to his knees and explained the whole story and presented Minwoo with the ring. The latter just stared at it and looked expectantly at Chanyong. The handsome man took his boyfriend’s hand and slipped the ring onto his finger.

 

“Yes, I do.” Minwoo whispered to Chanyong as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s neck.

 

2 Weeks Later

 

“CHANYONG! WHAT IS THIS?!” Minwoo screamed as at his soon-to-be-husband as he held up a lacy black bra he had found under the bed. 


A/N: I have no idea what I just wrote. Hahahaha Sorry about that, guys! Why would a banana peel appear out of nowhere? I also have no idea what coffee Minwoo drinks, caramel macchiato is just a personal favourite of mine :P

 

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome!! :D