Chapter 7

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you want to die! Why would you run in front of a gun!” Him Chan yelled at me while looking through the rearview mirror. “I didn’t know you were that stupid!”

I didn’t even hear Him Chan scolding me. The adrenaline was now gone from my system and I was too busy looking down at my shaking hands. I could have gotten shot. My hands were stained from helping the man and all I could think about is that the blood could have been mine. I looked down at my shirt that was now 5 inches shorter and I managed to steady my hands in order to zip up the sweatshirt.

From beside me, I heard the car's door and found Bang standing there. I didn’t even realize we were back at the house, I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts.

“Let’s go.”

I got out and he pulled my hood down and pushed me to walk beside him with his hand on my back. He didn’t lose contact until we were inside the house.

My mind was all over the place but I knew what I needed to do. “I’m leaving.” I looked up and watched as the boys all turn around to look at me.

Though I couldn't have been more serious, Bang took it as a joke. “Go up to your room.”

“I want to go back to my room at my house.” I felt my hands shaking again and I clenched that at my sides.

“You’re not leaving this house. You can’t break our deal.” Bang said sternly. Other than Bang and I, no one else was saying a word. They all stared after us, I’m sure they knew how it was going to end anyway. Bang always got what he wanted.

“I would have followed through if it weren’t…” I swallowed and took a shaky breath. “ - If it weren’t for what you did at the warehouse.”

“If you don’t follow through with this deal, I have no use for you other than this.” I heard the anger in his voice and it told me enough that this wasn’t up for discussion. And just as stubborn Bang was to keep me here, I was just as stubborn to insist I needed to leave. I didn't want to be involved with any of this.

“Since when was shooting people in front of me part of the deal? Just call it off already.”

“That’s out of the question. You either stay or I’ll kill you right here.” Bang pulled the gun out and directly pointed it at me. The boys who were standing on the side like stone statues finally reacted, I figure they didn’t think things would escalate to this.

“Hyung.” Jun Hong took a step to protest.

“Hey, just go to your room.” Him Chan told me from the side.

This was the second time today I stood on the other side of a gun. I am really pushing my luck.

But, I decided to doubt him. “You are going to cancel the deal. I’m leaving and you can’t stop me.” 

“Room. Now.” Bang put away his gun but unlike what he ordered, I just stood there. A sense of relief washed through my body when I was able to call his bluff.

“Noona, let’s go.” Jun Hong tried to reach for my hand but I pulled away.

I started this, so I'll make sure to finish it. “Give me my car so I can leave.”

“I will get you up there one way or another. Your choice.” Bang growled. It happened before so I believed that threat but I didn’t want to be like a doll he can order around.

“You are not going to control me.” I challenged.

With those last words, I made sure to turn and quickly grab the door knob. I didn’t have a chance to turn it when I was flung over Bang’s shoulder.

Having no other choice, I hit his back repeatedly. “Let me down right now!” Like the first time he dragged me up the stairs, he ignored my struggles and walked into the room and tossed me on the bed. I swung my legs on the side to get up when he stood in front of me and grabbed my chin to look up at him.

“You are going to stay here until I say you can leave. Don’t make me repeat it a third time.” He pushed me back onto the bed and locked the door behind him, leaving me stunned.

Huffing angrily, I ran towards the door and slammed my fists on it. “Let me out! Bang Yong Guk, let me go!” I tried the door knob and found it stiff. I even tried ramming my shoulders into the locked barrier but was disappointed to find I didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter