Chapter 15

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were knocks on the bedroom door.

I closed my eyes and quietly begged for whoever it was to leave me alone. When I said I didn’t want to see anyone, I meant it. But, I knew in this house, that idea didn’t exist. I heard the door creak open and a voice called out. “Na Ri, Bang wants everyone downstairs.” I recognized the voice belonging to Youngjae and I looked over and suddenly remember our conversation. I huffed and got up to follow him downstairs. While we were walking he whispered a few more words. “I hope you remembered what we talked about.”

“Yeah.” 

We met up with everyone downstairs and I took a seat next to Jun Hong, who sent an assuring smile my way before turning his attention back to Bang.

“Last night, we got some information from the source and the next person we’re going after is Oh Ji Min.” I recognized that name, he was all over the news. He’s wanted for murders but the police are stumped and can’t find his trace anywhere. “I have to take care of some things at the company but while I’m gone, you all go to the given places where he was last seen and find out where he is currently.” The boys all nod.

Do I have to go with them too?

“And you.” I looked up and saw him staring at me. “You’re off the hook for today.” I looked at him surprised. That means I get to take a break from their activities? I felt this sudden burden lifted off my shoulders and relief washed over my body.

I fell back against the couch. “Thank you.” I breathe out. I have never been so thankful for anything in my life.

One by one, they all left to take care of what was needed and Chin Ho left to hang out with friends. When I was alone in the house, I remembered that it has been awhile since I last watched the news. I turned it on and there he was, Oh Ji Min. His photo shown on the screen and people asking about his whereabouts and I couldn’t help but think, soon this report will be replaced with his arrest and the questions of who caught him. The screen switches to a different story.

“The CEO of Bang Industries is not only handsome – “ I grimaced at the introduction. “ – He also has a kind heart to go along with his good looks. We have information that he donated $1 million dollars to support youth education.”

My eyes widened and I stood up and yelled at the TV. “$1 million dollars!” I scoffed but then remembered. “Wait a minute, it must be like change to him.” After a few more unimportant compliments, I didn’t want to hear of how Bang is such a great person anymore and decided to shut the TV off.

“Now, what can I do?”

***

I know I shouldn’t worry about Him Chan because he has been nothing but an to me, but I still wanted to know the reason behind his behavior from last night, so I buried my head in the books that Bang had prepared. I mean it’s not like I care… I just had a lot of time on my hands.

After hours of reading, I decided to take a break when I couldn’t find any other new information. I decided to tell Bang to order more books once he’s home. I mean ask, since I should be listening to him and being polite from now on. The entire time, Youngjae’s words echoed in my head. My plan of continuing to be disobedient from last night didn’t work out. It didn’t faze Bang one bit, it made him angry but I’m sure the thought of firing me never crossed his mind. What is there left to do? Maybe I am just making my life harder for myself by going against him every time. I’ll give it a try…I never thought I would say those words but I’ll try listening to him and like what Youngjae said, I’ll bite my tongue if those objecting words ever try to leave my mouth. 

“What are you still doing here?” I snapped back from my thoughts and looked at Bang standing by the doorway. I focused on his forehead and there wasn’t a small bandage there any longer but in its spot, there was a small cut.

I closed the textbook and stood up. “I’m just going to bed now.” I didn’t realize I had spent the whole day holed up in this room. “Oh by the way, can you order me another book?” I nodded my head towards the tex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter