Two

Beautiful Chokehold

 

 

beautiful chokehold


 
 
7.11 a.m. 
October 17, 2012
 
 
The alarm shrieks again and Donghae knows he really has to wake up now. 
 
 
He groans and open his eyes. 
 
 
'Good morning Donghae!' Hyukjae smiles down at him. 
 
 
'Ugh!' 
 
 
'You're not a morning person huh.' Hyukjae giggles. 
 
 
Donghae makes another unholy sound again and sits up. Immediately feeling a pair of hands on his shoulders, gently kneading his tense shoulders. 
 
 
'It's so nice to be able to touch again.' The boy whispers, almost reverently. 
 
 
'Huh.' Donghae admits it feels nice to have a morning massage but, this is still so weird. So even though he doesn't really want to, he kind of jerks himself away from that sinful pair of hands and pads to the bathroom. 
 
 
'Hey come in! I got you a toothbrush.' He calls out from the bathroom. Recognizing the fact that Hyukjae needs to wash up as well. 
 
 
In just mere seconds Hyukjae appears right outside his bathroom, looking uneasy and... Nervous? 
 
 
'Donghae, I... I have something to... To... Confess.' 
 
 
'What?' Donghae gargles and spit the water into the sink. 
 
 
'I'm not what y..you think I am.' 
 
 
Donghae pours some facial foam in his hands and start scrubbing his face, 'Huh? What is it? You're a girl instead?' 
 
 
He has expected Hyukjae to be offended by that but the latter merely shakes his head. Looking defeated and miserable. 
 
 
'I don't know how to tell you in a way that won't freak you out but, but-- there's no other way.' Hyukjae inhales - though it does nothing to his already dead body. 'I'm a ghost Donghae!' 
 
 
The younger turns his foam covered face to Hyukjae and presses a foam filled finger across Hyukjae's nose. 
 
 
'Ha ha ha. So funny.' He turns back to the sink and rinse the foam off his face. 
 
 
When he looks up into the mirror, suddenly a voice sounds behind him. 
 
 
'I'm serious...' 
 
 
Donghae yelps and turn behind. Finding Hyukjae just right beside him. 
 
 
'You scared me! Don't do that!' Donghae chides. 
 
 
Hyukjae smiles sadly and point to the mirror in front. 
 
 
'Can you see me in there? In the mirror?' 
 
 
Donghae runs a hand through his hair as he slowly turns back to face the mirror, 'Stop playin--' 
 
 
Suddenly all blood drains from Donghae's face and he pales. He turns back to Hyukjae again and then back to the mirror. And back and forth again. 
 
 
Hyukjae is just right next to him. 
 
 
But in the mirror there's only his own face staring back at him. 
 
 
His mind reels. No ing way. 
 
 
This is insanity. 
 
 
'Told ya.' 
 
 
And that is how Donghae's eyes roll back as he blacks out and faint in Hyukjae's arms. 
 
 
---
 
 
When Donghae wakes up, he finds himself alone in his room and looks around cautiously. 
 
 
Was it all just a dream. 
 
 
It is. It must be. 
 
 
It has to be. 
 
 
For his own sanity, everything has to be a dream. 
 
 
But his heart is still beating crazily inside. As if telling him that the nightmare isn't over. 
 
 
Or worst. 
 
 
That it is only starting. 
 
 
If Hyukjae is for real - or unreal? - then what exactly does he want. Maybe Donghae can get a priest or something. 
 
 
No. No. No. 
 
 
He's not this cruel. 
 
 
Hyukjae isn't bad. He has an entire night to harm him if he wants to yet he has done nothing. 
 
 
(Yet) 
 
 
But Donghae chooses to ignore that small silly thought. 
 
 
Maybe Hyukjae has been wronged. Maybe that's why he's been wandering as a....
 
 
G...g...host....
 
 
Donghae gulps. Feeling sudden fear. Which is really ridiculous. 
 
 
It's his own ing house. He shouldn't be scared in his own territory. 
 
 
Right. 
 
 
He will just chase him out. If he still hasn't left. 
 
 
Or has he become invisible? 
 
 
Oh no. This is driving him nuts! 
 
 
He knows he is being crazy but he grabs a tennis racket from the back of his cupboard and goes out of his room. 
 
 
Soft whimpering keeps coming from the couch area. He grabs his racket tight with both hands and approaches the area cautiously. Making himself as quiet as possible. 
 
 
What he sees tug at his heart and he immediately drops the racket and move forward. 
 
 
'Hey hey... Why are you crying?' He has already crouched down next to the sobbing boy. 
 
 
Hyukjae looks up and burst into harsher sobs, 'Donghae! I'm so sorry!' And he throws himself into Donghae's arms, burying his face in the crook of the younger's neck and sobbed harder. 
 
 
Unable to help himself, Donghae starts rubbing Hyukjae's back. Chanting soft words to him. Telling him everything's okay. 
 
 
---
 
 
'How did you die? How long have you been dead? What do you want from me? Are you going to kill me?' 
 
 
Hyukjae panics and flails his arms, 'No! No! I won't kill you! Really I won't.' 
 
 
'Okay...' Donghae feels like he can breath normally again  because seriously, other than the fact that Hyukjae is a g...g..host, he seems very harmless. (And timid) 
 
 
'I got killed when i was seventeen. I was just out late one night. On the way home I was robbed. Later I was stabbed in the stomach and died of blood loss.' 
 
 
Now Donghae is beginning to feel horrified once more as the mental image hits him.
 
 
Seventeen?
 
 
So he never knew his mate huh.
 
 
Donghae is beginning to feel sad for the boy. He has died without knowing even the name of his mate.
 
 
Whereas Donghae...
 
 
He shakes his head to clear the unwanted hateful thoughts and focus back on Hyukjae.
 
 
Ghost or not, he can't allow this boy to be near him.
 
 
Nobody can be near him. Can be too closed with him.
 
 
It is for their good.
 
 
Even if it's a ghost....? Donghae begins to doubt. Hyukjae is already dead. What could be worst?
 
 
No. He can't risk it.
 
 
'So uhm...' Hyukjae begins when Donghae continues to remain silent, 'Can you keep me for the time being? Maybe there's a reason why you can see me.' 
 
 
Donghae shot to his feet and paces away, his answer is a quick firm, 'No.' 
 
 
'Donghae...' Hyukjae whines. 
 
 
Seriously, how could Donghae have been afraid of this creature. 
 
 
He shakes his head, 'No. I've let you stay the night. That's quite enough.' 
 
 
Before Hyukjae can plead any further, Donghae speaks again, 'Really. This is it. I really can't let you stay.' 
 
 
Hyukjae lowers his head. 
 
 
Ignoring a sudden tightness in his chest area, Donghae moves to the door and is about to open it when Hyukjae suddenly speaks right next to him again. 
 
 
'Don't bother. And thank you for putting me up.' 
 
 
And Donghae falls weakly to the ground when he sees Hyukjae walk right through the closed door just like that. 
 
 
Out of his house. 
 
 
Just. 
 
 
Like. 
 
 
That. 
 
 
Donghae almost faints again.
 
 
---
 
A/N:
Don't worry Hyukjae will be back soon enough!
Comment! Or else I'll send a ghost after you~~~ JK!!