Chapter 1

L i f e

 

I use to be one of the normal student. The one with a good amount of friends to lean on, I would talk about everything and nothing with them and I had good grades not the best but good enough. I did some sports and liked to maintain an average weight. I had a normal family of four. Everything in my life was normal I guess until something changed when I became partners with one of the popular girls. Her name is Yoona and let me tell you she’s really pretty and well liked around the school and if she got mad at you for some reason the school would like shun you. I mean really. She dated this guy her first year of high school and well at the time she wasn’t very known but after a while she became a it thing. So her boyfriend messed up one day and they broke up and next thing you know the Yoona’s friends all hate him and her guys friend would threaten to beat him up if he ever got close to her again and now he can’t even walk the hall with out getting some side comment on how he use to date Yoona and how he did something wrong to her. The rumors got so bad that he even thought about killing himself until Yoona helped him out by clearing some of the rumors.
 
Why do I keep getting off track? Anyways the project was for this extra class where a mix of students would get to know each other. The school district even knew of the group gaps they made a class for it. Like I was saying Yoona and I were partners for some special project we did. This class was like of a blow off class but not a lot of students did it. I did it because I thought it would be a good friend maker I didn’t think some popular girl would do it.
 
We were suppose to write a journal about who we felt about each other and hand it into the teacher of course either one of us would see the other since it was private thoughts.  Yoona said she invite me over to her house and one after another invite we eventually forgot it was just a project.
 
“Eun Mi and Yoona. You two will become partners.” The teacher said, her last name was pretty common so Mrs. Lee was just called Mrs. L~. Yes we have to extend the ‘L.’ She was a cool teacher everyone liked her. She was super nice and super easy. “Now class any questions?”
 
“No.” The class and I went. I looked over to Yoona who was on the other side of the class room. She did the same thing and we smiled to each other and did a small head nod. 
 
After class I had lunch with my friends and everyone else in that lunch period. Yoona actually was in the period as well. “Eun Mi wait up.”
 
I looked back to see it was actually Yoona. I stopped where I stood and she put her hand on my shoulder. “Do you need anything Yoona?”
 
“No I just thought we could walk to lunch together. You don’t mind right?” She asked placing her hand to her side with her another one holding her books.
 
“No, we can I just have to stop by my locker.” I stated she smiled and nodded her head. We walked to my locker it was kind of awkward but I guess it was because we weren’t in the same social group. I place my book in my locker and grabbed my lunch bag.
 
“Wow I didn’t know you liked him.” She pointed to the picture of Rain in my locker. I smiled and nodded. “I just love his music.”
 
“How could you not like him.” I said.
 
“I know right. Plus he’s super handsome.” Yoona said walking along side me. “Hey, lets sit together. I mean since we have to get to know each other anyways.” I nodded in response. She smiled and we walked over to the table she sat at since the beginning of school. Since my locker was close by we reached the lunch room fairly quick and not a lot of people were in the room. “Here you can sit here.”
 
She pointed to the seat next to her. She placed her books on the table and I sat down. “Thanks.”
 
“I have to go get my lunch.” I nodded. I knew she didn’t even eat lunch. Most of the girls just bought some bag of chips or a cookie with a drink on the side. They said the usually ate more at home. When she was gone more people headed into the lunch room and some of Yoona’s friends came up to the table.
 
“Sorry but this is our table could you move?” One of her female friend said. I just looked up to her, I was kind of worried that they would start to yell at me if I didn’t move.
 
“Come on Jessica, let’s just sit at a different table. I don’t think anyone would mind.” This time it was Leetuek one of Yoona’s male friends and one of the funniest guys in school. The girls looked back at me and then turned to the guys. 
 
“That table is like the best table Tuek. It has the best view of the lunch room and outside.”
 
“But its rude to ask her to move.” I looked down to my lunch, I could have just told them I was told to seat here sut I packed my lunch back up.
 
“Look, I’ll just move okay?” I said standing up. The looked back at me as I started to walk away. I found my friends and sat with them.
 
“Why were you sitting over there?”
 
“I wanted to sit somewhere new.”
 
“Way to pick that table.”
 
“I know right?” I smiled back to my friends and sat down with them. This is where I belonged, where I fit. I saw Yoona walk out of the lunch room with some flavored water and a bag of pretzels. She walked over to her table and I could see she was trying to find me. “Let’s eat.”
 
-----
 
“Where did Eun Mi go? Bathroom?” Yoona asked when she reached her table filled with friends.
 
“You mean the girl who was sitting at our table?”
 
“Yeah, I asked her to sit with us.” Yoona said turning around looking around the lunch room. They talked about something quickly and Yoona sat down. “I guess she wanted to sit with her friends.”
 
“Uh..Ya!”