Chapter 1

Total Transformation

Ara has been standing in a flirting hotspot for an hour and a half, but no one has noticed her. Could it be the dress that she was wearing? No, that couldn't be the problem. Her dress was simple, girly, but still cute. Then she remembered that in shows she has watched before boys hit on girls who are with their friends, but Ara was standing alone. Maybe that was the problem; because she was all alone.

'That's it! It's because not a single one of my friends is with me. I'm sure if Minhee was with me someone would have came to me.' Ara thought to herself then looked around, but right in front of her was a girl without any friends near her getting hit on. Ara sighed and went into the bathroom to take a look at herself. She knew that she was doing something wrong, but she didn't know what it was. When she stepped out of the restroom she felt someone glancing over at her. She glanced back with anxious eyes, but the way that she was so anxious only made the guy turn away. She sighed again and decided to head home. Maybe love just isn't her thing.

As age was walking home she overheard three boys talking and looking at a store's window.

"Wow Taehyung! Isn't that your ex girlfriend? She's so famous now!" Jungkook asked.

"Well of course she is. Taehyung has a good taste in girls. He knows exactly what a boy wants." Jimin answered.

"Is that so?" Taehyung chuckled and started walking away.

Hearing that this guy, Taehyung knows exactly what a boy wants made Ara curious about the type of guy this Taehyung person is so she decided to secretly follow the three boys, but she ended up falling to the ground, twisting her ankle with one of her slippers behind her.

"Ow.. this really hurts." she said holding onto this ankle. Her sudden voice made the three boys turn around. Taehyung looked at Ara and shook his head then walked behind her getting her slipper and giving it back to her.

Ara looked at Taehyung's face and spoke letting her mind get ahead of her, "You're really hot."

"What did you just say?!" Taehyung didn't mean to yell, but he was in shock. This girl that didn't even know him called him hot out of no where, but Ara couldn't help it. It's true. Taehyung is really attractive. He has a cute hairstyle, and cute kissable lips. Even though it was the truth, Ara was still embarrassed. She quickly thanked Taehyung for his help and tried her best to run away.

It was soon the next day and there was school going on. It was lunch time and Ara couldn't stop complaining to her best friend Minhee about how awful her day went.

"You'll get a boyfriend sooner or later, Ara." Minhee said.

"No, I won't! If I don't put in the effort, I never will! I spent so much time searching the internet and watching TV programs just to see what a guy's ideal type of girl is, but I failed at it. Is there something wrong with me? If so, tell me!" Ara complained.

Minhee chuckled, "There's nothing wrong with you, but maybe there are limitations to what one can teach herself or himself about love. Just like the sports you play, you're not going to learn anything if you don't have a good instructor to guide you. So maybe you just need someone to coach you with your particular problem." she explained giving the best advice that she can.

"You're right! Self study isn't enough! I need a coach to guide me!"

"Well you will have to find someone who knows what a guy wants in a woman."

"There was this guy I bumped into on the street yesterday. I believe his name was Taehyung, but I doubt I'll ever see him again."

"Taehyung? We have a Taehyung that goes to our school and that's him." Minhee said pointing to him.

Ara's eyes widened, "You're right! That is him!"

"What?" Minhee asked looking confused.

"That's the guy I'm talking about! I'm going to ask him to be my coach!" Ara stood up with a smile, but Minhee grabbed her wrist.

"Hey, you can't just as him to be your coach. You barely know him. I bet you only know his name." Minhee said.

"Which is true, but I have a feeling that I should ask him anyway." Ara dashed off looking for Taehyung. As she was running, she fell off the stairs right in front of him. Again she was totally embarrassed. Just like last time her sandal had come off and she was in pain. Luckily with the practice from martial arts and basketball she learned how to endure the pain.

"Here." Taehyung said and gave her back her sandal "I can't help help but have this strange DeJa Vu feeling." he said looking at her, but simply walked away.

"Wait!" Ara yelled making Taehyung turn back around. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Ara, a freshman. Could you please coach me on being attractive?! I want to be attractive to guys! I want to fall in love!" Ara spoke introducing herself, but after her strange introduction there was a dead silence.

Suddenly a gorgeous young woman let out a small giggle, "What did she say? How funny of her! Come on brother, you have to coach her!" she said speaking to Taehyung.

"No way. It would be so annoying." Taehyung replied.

"Don't be so mean! Helping her wouldn't hurt anyone!" his sister pouted.

"I already said no. I don't want to help someone who's obviously trying too hard to be someone that she's not just because she's new to high school."

"How did you know? What you said about me is true!" Ara asked.

"Well your style doesn't match you. It's really off." Taehyung answered.

"That's why you should be my coach! You know what's right and wrong for me!"

"Look, I hate girls. They're gullible and emotional. There's no way that I'll want to help you." Taehyung said in a bit of a harsh tone of voice and they all walked to their next classes.

As they were walking to their next classes Ara thought to herself 'I thought he was the right guy. I should have known from my experience that even thought I have the opportunity things don't always go the way I planned' then she sat in her desk that was right next to Minhee's.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to stick with self-stufy." Ara sighed.

"Or you can look for another coach."

"No, I can't. There was something special about Taehyung that told me he was the right guy to be my coach. I'll only try again if I meet someone else that my heart tells me is right.

Suddenly the teacher said there was someone who wanted to speak with Ara. It was Taehyung's sister. Ara nodded and went outside of the class to speak with the girl.

"I didn't know what class you were in so I had to look around. I'm here to apologize for what my brother had said to you." his sister said.

"Don't be sorry. He has his reasons to be that way." Ara eye smiled.

"You see, Taehyung is very popular. The things he says and the way he says them are usually harsh. He has hurt all girls that he has ever gone out with. I've heard his past girlfriends say thing to him such as, "Everything you say brings people down. You only know how to hurt others.", so please excuse him. On the other hand, I really want to help you out!"

"Seriously?!" Ara asked with a tone of excitement.

"Of course, helping you out sounds fun and you seem like a nice girl. I'll lend you some clothes I was wearing when guys hit  on me before. Why don't you stop by my house afterschool?"

"Thank you! My name is Ara by the way."

"I know, I heard you talking with my brother. I'm Kim Yeonju, but please call me Ju."