Final

No Strings Attached

Jiyeon huffed as she opened the door of their dorm quietly as she was coming home late after filming. Jiyeon locked the door before slowly walking to her bedroom, which was shared with Hyomin. Opening the door quietly, Jiyeon poked her head inside to check if Hyomin was sleeping. Jiyeon noticed the lump in her bed, which made Jiyeon figure that Hyomin was sleeping.

 

Entering the room, Jiyeon placed her bag on the ground besides her bed until she heard a sniffle. Turning her head, Jiyeon looked at Hyomin's body before noticing that the girl was crying. Jiyeon walked over and sat on the side of Hyomin's bed, "Hyomin-ah, gwaenchanh-a?? Hyomin kept silent as she continued to sniffle.

Jiyeon gently shook Hyomin's body, "Come on, you can tell me. What's wrong?" No response came from Hyomin other than the sniffs. Jiyeon sighed, "Okay.. but if you want to talk, you can talk to me."

 

As Jiyeon got up, Hyomin quickly grabbed her wrist. Jiyeon looked down, "Now you want to talk to me?"

Hyomin looked up at Jiyeon as Jiyeon frowned, seeing the tear stains, "What's wrong?" she asked again.

 

Hyomin sniffed, "Sunny broke up with me.." she stated before letting out a small sob. Jiyeon sat back down on the bed and hugged the crying girl. Hyomin buried her face into Jiyeon's shoulder as she cried. The younger girl rubbed Hyomin's back as comfort. Hyomin's arms wrapped around Jiyeon's neck to return the hug, their bodies closer than they've ever been.

 

Hyomin leaned out and looked at Jiyeon. Jiyeon looked back into Hyomin's eyes before she noticed where Hyomin's eyes were looking at. Hyomin glanced down at Jiyeon's lips before back up at her eyes. Jiyeon looked at Hyomin and noticed the lust and sadness in her eyes.

 

Jiyeon bit her lip, "For tonight. One night. No strings attached. I'm only doing this because I care for you, okay?"

Hyomin nodded before leaning in and capturing Jiyeon's lips.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

It continued like that for almost a month. Their members thought that they were in a relationship, but both Jiyeon and Hyomin knew it was no relationship. It was a way to vent out anger, stress, and sadness that's been built into them. One night, Jiyeon came home after finishing the last episode of her drama. Exhausted and tired, she entered her bedroom and put her bag down before changing into her pajama's, too tired to take a shower.

 

Like usual, Jiyeon entered Hyomin's bed and hugged the girl around the waist. What surprised Jiyeon was that Hyomin unwrapped her arms from her waist.

 

Jiyeon frowned, "What?"

Hyomin turned around, "I think we should stop this."

 

Jiyeon's eyebrows furrowed, "What..?" she asked again.

 

"Sunny asked me out again."

 

That's when Jiyeon understood. Jiyeon's heart couldn't help but clench. She smiled a forced smile and nodded, "Oh.. Alright.." she responded before getting out of Hyomin's bed and entering her own. Jiyeon hadn't slept in her own bed for a while, and it felt unusual to her.


Jiyeon was used to having a certain girl's body pressed against her own as she hugged her waist. Jiyeon was used to the girl's scent and the even breathing she gave when she was sleeping. She missed it. Jiyeon knew it was supposed to be no strings attached, but it's hard not to gain feelings for Hyomin. Especially since she had feelings for Hyomin before it all started.


"Where is Jiyeon?" their manager asked as he walked into the dorm, entering the kitchen. Soyeon looked at Boram, who looked at Hyomin. Hyomin shrugged, "In our room I think."

 

The manager walked away as he went to Jiyeon's room before knocking. "What?" the husky voice came out. "I need to talk to you." the manager replied. Jiyeon huffed and got out of her bed before opening the door. The manager frowned, "I've had complaints from the drama director."

"What kind of complaints?" Jiyeon asked as she leaned on the door frame, not really showing that she cared at all.

"That your eyes are too red and too puffy. Are you alright? Have you been crying at all lately?" The manager answered before showing a concerned look.

 

Jiyeon rolled her eyes, "I'm just sick."

The manager widened his eyes, "Really? Do you need to go to the doctors? Come on, let's go now." he said before grabbing Jiyeon's wrist. Jiyeon pulled away, "I'm fine, and besides, I've been taking medicine anyway"

 

The members in the kitchen all looked at each other with confused faces. Boram looked at Hyomin, "Has she been crying?"

Hyomin shrugged, "I don't know."

 

"What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you guys dating?" Soyeon entered the conversation.

"We aren't dating." Hyomin denied.

 

"Then what's up with the kisses and the touches?" Eunjung asked as she walked into the kitchen.

Hyomin huffed, "Look, we aren't dating."

 

Jiyeon entered the kitchen after being questioned by the manager. Jiyeon angrily grabbed a bottle of water before walking out. Before she could exit the kitchen, Soyeon caught her arm, "Jiyeon."

Jiyeon turned, "Yes?" she answered. Soyeon gasped at how red Jiyeon's eyes were. Jiyeon frowned, "You aren't going to question me like he did, right?"

 

"Jiyeon-ah... what happened? Are you okay?" Soyeon asked as she stared into Jiyeon's eyes. Jiyeon looked around and noticed that all 6 members were in the room, including the source of her pain, Hyomin. Jiyeon nodded, "I'm fine." she smiled.

"You can talk to us, you know that, right, Jiyeon?" Eunjung said softly as she walked closer.

 

Jiyeon nodded, "I know that. It's just some family problems that I'm dealing with."

"Is it your father? Is he sick again?" Boram asked worrily.

 

Finding that a good excuse, Jiyeon nodded, "Yea.. he's sick again." 

Soyeon patted Jiyeon's back, "Oh.. it's alright Jiyeon-ah, he's got a good daughter to help him recover."

 

Jiyeon smiled and nodded, "I'm going to go to sleep not. You girls should go to sleep too, it's getting late."

 

Entering her bedroom, Jiyeon threw her body on the bed with a sigh. Rubbing her hands over her face, Jiyeon felt guilty for lying to her members, who seemed genuinly concerned for her. Jiyeon heared the bedroom door open and close before she felt her bed dip. Hyomin was sitting on the edge of her bed, "I know you're lying."

 

Jiyeon looked over before sitting up, leaning her back against the headboard, "What are you talking about?"

"Stop lying and just tell me the truth. You were crying because of something else, weren't you?"

Jiyeon nodded, "Yea. I was." she admitted.

 

"Why?" Hyomin asked.

"Personal problems." Jiyeon replied shortly.

"Want to talk about it?"

"No. Not really."

 

"You know Jiyeon, you can--" Hyomin was cut off when Jiyeon got off the bed and grabbed her jacket. "I'm going out. I don't like being questioned."

 

As Jiyeon's hand reached for the door knob, Hyomin spoke again, "Don't go. It's late out, you might get hurt."

 

Without looking back, Jiyeon opened the door before proceeding out the dorm, ignoring the calls from her members.


"Stop this, Jiyeon" her manager spoke in a stern tone.

"Stop what?" Jiyeon replied in a monotone.

 

All the members could hear the conversation between Jiyeon and their manager, Hyomin especially.

 

"Jiyeon, do you know how many rumours I've had to cover because of you going out late and messing around?"

"How many?" Jiyeon asked as she grabbed a water bottle.

 

"Park Jiyeon." the manager said, getting angrier by the second.

Jiyeon looked up and connected eyes with her manager, "Yes?" she replied.

"Does doing this make you happy? Does messing around with people make you happy? Playing around with them and then tossing them to the side? Huh?" he asked.

 

In the middle of this, Hyomin's phone vibrated. She exited the dorm before taking the call.

 

Jiyeon stayed quiet. Just as the manager was about to speak, Jiyeon spoke in a low tone, "I'm not happy."

Before the manager could speak, Jiyeon spoke again, "I would appreciate if you and all of my members would stop trying to get answers from me."

 

That was the last thing she said before walking out of the dorm. Jiyeon stopped walking when she heard crying. 

 

"Wae?" the person asked. It was a familiar voice of the girl Jiyeon fell in love with. Jiyeon walked to the sound of the voice and noticed Hyomin leaning on the railing of the stair way that connected their dorm to their company building.

 

Jiyeon noticed that Hyomin was sobbing. Hyomin hung the phone up and threw it on the ground behind her. Jiyeon debated whether or not to go over their and talk to Hyomin. Jiyeon's weak spot was seeing a girl cry. Especially if that girl is Park Hyomin.

 

Jiyeon walked over and picked up the phone before leaning against the railing besides Hyomin, handing her the phone, "You dropped this?" Hyomin raised her head that was lowered and looked up at Jiyeon before taking the phone, "Thanks.." she mumbled.

 

After a moment of silence, Jiyeon cleared , "Want to talk about it?"

"Sunny broke up with me." Hyomin answered.

"Again?"

 

Hyomin glared at Jiyeon. Jiyeon raised her hands in surrender, "Sorry." Hyomin sighed and looked away.

"She told me she only dated me to make Sooyoung jealous."

 

And that's when Jiyeon lost all respect for Sunny.

"Hyomin-ah.." Jiyeon called softly. Hyomin looked over, "Hmm?"

"Remember how we said no strings attached?"

 

Hyomin nodded slowly.

 

Jiyeon bit her lip, "I.. There's strings attached."

Hyomin cocked her head, "Huh?"

 


"I've had feelings for you before that whole thing started.." Jiyeon confessed as she looked away from Hyomin. Hyomin stood there in shock for a minute before looking at Jiyeon, "You've been hiding it this whole.." she trailed off as Jiyeon nodded, "Yea. I have.."

 

Hyomin hugged Jiyeon. Jiyeon was surprised, but returned the hug, wrapping her arms around Hyomin's waist as their bodies leaned on each other. Jiyeon turned their bodies so that Hyomin's body was resting against the railing. Jiyeon moved her arms from Hyomin's waist to the railing on both sides of Hyomin.

 

Jiyeon leaned in and kissed Hyomin, who returned the kiss just as passionately. The girls leaned out of the kiss before resting their foreheads together.

 

"Jiyeon-ah." Hyomin called.

 

"Yes?" Jiyeon replied.

 

 

 

"This time.. I think we can allow strings to be attached."