Tragedy

Heartful Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is almost ten o’lock in the evening.

Sooyoung is in the middle of washing the dishes from tonight’s dinner and preparing for tomorrow’s lunch.

*knock knock knock*

The startling and sudden sound causes Sooyoung to jump and almost drop a plate. She turns off the faucet, dries her hands, and immediately heads for the door. When she peeks through the doorhole, she is surprised to find a couple of police officers outside her door. Sooyoung slowly opens the door and politely greets the men.

“Um, good evening,” Sooyoung says while bowing with respect. “Can I or my family help you officers?”

“Are you perhaps Choi Sooyoung?” one of the officers ask her.

“Y-Yes sir,” she replies rather nervously. She becomes even more anxious when the two officers exchange looks

The other officer takes out a familiar looking phone from his pocket and shows it to Sooyoung. “Do you recognize this cell phone?”

Sooyoung stares at the phone in surprise. “Yes, that belongs to my girlfriend Yuri. Wait, why do you have her phone?”

“Did you receive a phone call from Kwon Yuri at all this evening?” he asks, bombarding more questions at Sooyoung.

The girl shakes her head, an uneasy feeling beginning to overcome her. “I did, but I missed it. I tried calling her back twice, but both times she wouldn’t pick up.” Sooyoung’s voice suddenly sounds more frantic. “Sir, I don’t understand. Why do you have Yuri’s phone? What’s going on?!”

The officer looks sympathetically into Sooyoung’s eyes, his voice full of pain and strain.

“I’m sorry to tell you this, I sincerely am, but earlier this evening… Kwon Yuri was found dead.”

~~~

Official Police Report

 

Victim: Kwon Yuri

Age: 17

Occupation: Student

Cause of Death: Loss of blood due to a bullet piercing right through the heart

Time of Death: Approximately 5:37pm

Additional Notes: The body was not found until about an hour after death when the victim took longer to return home than usual after her routinely afternoon jog, and was found by the victim’s father near the clearing of the trail that runs through the residential area. Autopsy revealed the victim died within minutes due to the large bullet wound in the heart, and was shot from behind. Bullet in question was found at the scene of the crime a couple of meters away from the victim, however, further analysis of the bullet has yet to begin.

Police suspect this is a homicide, but at the time of this report, there are no possible suspects. Further investigation is required.

~~~

A few days since the announcement of her death, Yuri’s funeral was scheduled.

Two days since it was scheduled, the funeral is being held.

In the small down’s only, but fairly large church, many have gathered for the young girl’s funeral. Friends and family have come together to mourn for the loss of a fellow townsperson who has departed too soon. Even those who were not close to Yuri or to her family came to give out their condolences.

The pastor leads the funeral, his voice full of grief and sorrow. The air is heavy in the church, the sound of sobs and sniffles can be heard beneath the pastor’s speech. Soon eulogies are spoken by the family. Many tears are shed, especially by the parents and Yuri’s oppa.

In the pews, Tiffany and Yoona are sitting next to each other. Both were asked to say an eulogy, but both were too shocked by the death of their friend, that they couldn’t without breaking down. Tiffany has been crying nonstop, dampening her tears and sobs with a handkerchief. Yoona silently cries, tears quietly sliding down her cheeks, while she holds Tiffany’s hand.

The funeral slowly draws to a close. Selected family and friends walk towards the open, yet covered casket to say their final goodbyes to Yuri.

When their turn came, one look at their deceased friend causes Tiffany and Yoona to sob uncontrollably. Both are crying so hard, they cannot see through their river of tears.

~~~  

Unbeknownst to most, there is a special service taking place after the initial funeral reception. With everyone else gone, the pastor patiently waits for the only attendee for this special service. A girl soon appears and slowly makes her way to the pastor. When the girl stands in front of him, the pastor rests a gentle hand on her shoulder and ushers her inside the church. The pastor tells the girl to take her time and walks off to the side and gives the girl personal space.

Sooyoung slowly walks towards the casket, each step feeling heavier and heavier than the last. When she reaches the casket, Sooyoung peers through the glass covering and stares at the face of her girlfriend. With Yuri’s smiling and serene looking demeanor, one would not think she has already left this world, but is s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter