1/1

I Know

Sehun wakes up with a sneeze. Not the polite little ‘atishoo~’ kind of sneeze, no. He wakes up with the ‘aaaaaaa-CHIUUUU’ kind of sneeze. Not surprisingly, the person beside him is startled awake. A sleepy Luhan looks blearily at Sehun, who is wiping furiously at his nose with the back of his hand and a laugh bubbles out of him.

 

Sehun pauses and glares.

 

Luhan’s eyes are crinkled at the corners, like they always do when he is laughing (or trying not to). He takes a deep breath, and bursts out laughing again.

 

Sehun fixes him with a stare.

 

Luhan stops eventually, pulling the younger boy towards him and nuzzling affectionately into his neck. Sehun squirms and laughs despite himself, arms lifting to wrap around Luhan’s torso and squeezing gently. “I’m sorry for laughing, Sehun-ah, but do you know how adorable you looked there, wiping your nose like a kid?”

 

Sehun shoves at him good-naturedly and pouts. “Yah, hyung…” Luhan grins and quickly leans his head down, stealing a kiss. Sehun tries to follow his mouth up, eager for another kiss, but Luhan bounds off the bed, shaking his head.

 

“You’ll get more after you brush your teeth yeobo. Your breath stinks.”

 

Sehun merely snorts and rolls over so that he is now lying on Luhan’s side of the bed. His pillow smells like him, and Sehun buries his face in it, inhaling the unique scent that has been left behind. Every day, they make it a point to tell each other that they love them, but Sehun thinks that he never really says half of what is going on in his heart; the feeling of security that comes with the knowledge that Luhan is his, all his, the feeling of overwhelming adoration when he sees the older boy comforting a crying child who has lost his mother and most of all, the true depth of his love for Luhan, the person who had literally picked him up when he fell, and dusted him off before helping him recover.

 

When Luhan comes in, face clean and freshly showered, Sehun hugs him. Just a hug, and without Sehun saying anything, Luhan knows. He knows all that Sehun wants and needs to tell him, but hasn’t, because he feels the same way towards the taller boy.

 

“I love you, Luhan,” Sehun eventually whispers. His arms loosen from their vice-like grip around Luhan but the shorter boy wraps his arms around him and buries his head into his chest. “I know, Sehun. I love you too.”

 

And then Sehun sneezes again.